Glamour Doll Eyes

AudreyNicole

I got my samples, and while they are nice, I am not thrilled. I swatched them and just wasn't impressed. It may have been just the ones I ordered, but most of them seemed very sheer.

littlepickle

Just ordered my first lot to try this brand out, received shipped notification today, only ordered on Friday so that's definitely not as long a processing time as I was expecting. Looking forward to trying them - what colours did you get, Audrey? I hope mine aren't too sheer, as I ordered full size and will be kicking myself if they suck! Did anyone else tried any of the glitters?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
Just ordered my first lot to try this brand out, received shipped notification today, only ordered on Friday so that's definitely not as long a processing time as I was expecting. Looking forward to trying them - what colours did you get, Audrey? I hope mine aren't too sheer, as I ordered full size and will be kicking myself if they suck! Did anyone else tried any of the glitters?

I got:

-Oddity
-Olivia Green
-Glam Girl
-Sterling Glitz
-Dirty Jeans
-Immature
-Lovers Lane
-Shamrock
-Summer Skies
-Rave Eye Lights (glitter)
-Cashed Out Eye Lights (glitter)

I will have to try them with bases and see if that makes the sheerness any better. The glitters are super pretty, but I am not sure how I will use them because I have nothing to make them stick together. I will have to work on that.

Of the ones I got, I like these most:
- Shamrock
- Lovers Lane
- Immature
- Oddity
- Olivia Green

littlepickle

Hmmm, the only two we have in common are Shamrock & Glam Girl. Glad Shamrock is on your thumbs up list
smiles.gif

I ordered:
The Light Bright Collection - Shamrock, Blueberry Lush, Bleeding Love, Electric Lemonade, Glam Girl, Jailhouse Jumpsuit
Stiletto
Mingles
Juicy Mango
Mind Reader
Skin of a Killer
Tattooed
Glowstick (glitter)
Techno (glitter)

Candee Sparks

Just to shed some light on some of the extra details, Glamour Doll is operated by owner, Vee and she manages the website, mixes the colors, fixes the orders, etc. pretty much all on her own. If your order takes a while to ship then she may be behind because she's been getting a lot of orders lately. Sometimes she shuts the site down just so that she can catch up on orders which usually is only for a few days.

I have about 20 shadows from GD and I don't really consider any of them to be duds or even "repackaged", even though I honestly could care less about that whole controversy when the prices are completely fair. Products I'd recommend are Electric Lemonade, Just Dance!, Black Ice, Mind Reader, Victorian, Urban Trash and Hollywood. Granted I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of but these are the shadows I often love to use. Granted, I am a Glamour Doll sponsor but I wouldn't support a brand I didn't love and this among others has pretty unique products to offer.

Not trying to lurk and defend brands I support but I just thought I'd throw my thoughts in.
tong.gif

Also, since I saw something about the samples, if your looking just to try Glamour Doll and not too many shadows, sample jars are way to go - not baggies. If you don't think 1 gram in a sample jar is a lot of product I would have to disagree because I've been using Electric Lemonade since before Christmas on everything from basic looks, full-face and whatever else my deranged mind can think of and I still have plenty of product left. My entire Glamour Doll collection is made up of sample jars and I have yet to come close on running out on anything and I use this stuff quite often.

Nieriel

Wow I def need to try these. These colors look gorgeous especially electric lemonade and my belle. WOW those look like a lovely bright yellow and orange which is just what I want atm.
Has anyone posted some swatches of these?
smiles.gif

littlepickle

Okay, I got my order yesterday, pretty good delivery time
smiles.gif
I ordered these colours:
The Light Bright Collection - Shamrock, Blueberry Lush, Bleeding Love, Electric Lemonade, Glam Girl, Jailhouse Jumpsuit
Stiletto
Mingles
Juicy Mango
Mind Reader
Skin of a Killer
Tattooed
Glowstick (glitter)
Techno (glitter)

So far I've swatched Tatooed, Glam Girl, Skin of a Killer, Mind Reader, Electric Lemonade and Mingles. Mingles was very, VERY sheer and I couldn't build it up either but we'll see what it's like when I try a look with it. The rest were lovely, great texture and pigment, especially Skin of a Killer. Going to try out a few different looks today, will let you guys know how I like them, and will post more swatches soon.

Candee Sparks

These are some swatches from a while back I did and these were the first GD shadows I received.

rtqr79.jpg

Pictured are Hollywood eyelight, Electric Lemonade, Urban Trash, MIngles, Tokyo and Cloud Coverage. Electric Lemonade is actually the most popular shade I believe. The pictures really don't exaggerate how bright it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
So far I've swatched Tatooed, Glam Girl, Skin of a Killer, Mind Reader, Electric Lemonade and Mingles. Mingles was very, VERY sheer and I couldn't build it up either but we'll see what it's like when I try a look with it. The rest were lovely, great texture and pigment, especially Skin of a Killer. Going to try out a few different looks today, will let you guys know how I like them, and will post more swatches soon.

MIngles I did have trouble using at first because it doesn't have much adhesion compared to the other products. But I used it wet as a liner and it worked just fine. Shadows like MIngles, Urban Trash, Tokyo, etc. are best when used wet. I don't own Tatooed or Glam Girl yet but I hear they're some of the better shadows.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candee Sparks
I have about 20 shadows from GD and I don't really consider any of them to be duds or even "repackaged", even though I honestly could care less about that whole controversy when the prices are completely fair.

I see your point, and yes, fair in comparison to other companies that repackage, but my point was that if you know where to look (for example, TKB), you can get these things a TON cheaper, especially the things that are straight repackaged with absolutely nothing custom about them, like the glitters.

enigmatic

I love Glamour Doll, the owner is really nice and always interacts with her customers. I have about 14 jars and a few sample baggies. Favorites: chocoholic, ahoy sailor, radioactive, and victorian.

littlepickle

4563498555_f3fa871c60_o.jpg

4563504611_475cc5b236.jpg

MIngles over a base = amazing
I had a good play with these yesterday and they are really lovely! Now that I've given them all a really good go I'm really impressed and will definitely be going back for more
smiles.gif

shatteredshards

Unfortunately, I look at a swatch like that and it worries me that I see the entire TKB Pop! collection right there on your arm. :\

Junkie

I ordered a bunch of samples and wasn't impressed either - especially when I noticed that a bunch of them were repackaged TKB samples that I got from a seller on ebay (when I didn't know about Specktra, re-packaging, or GDE).

I'd just order everything from TKB directly now.

My samples took a long time as well and the processing thing was confusing. I've since ignored all the processing parts of these individual family/one person owned sites and pay and forget about it until they arrive.

One of my glitters was actually cancelled now that I recall -- they emailed me back and said Rave was omitted from my invoice and refunded with no reason at all. Just that it was unavailable. I really wanted a frikken purple glitter too!

nebbish

So I like GDE's branding. I think their website and packaging is cute, and I love the names of the shadows. Cept the Twihard shit, but that's another story.
I've read up on a lot of reviews, watched a bunch of videos. People seem pretty impressed.

But I'm not going to order from them. $2.50 for a gram is quite a bit of product, but they do repackage most of their eyeshadows and sell them at GDE full price. That I don't like. I don't care about the repackaging scandals and I understand that customers may have requested these repackaged shades, what I don't like is the fact that more than 50% of their shades are repackaged & there doesn't seem to be any effort to phase these colors out. Those also happen to be the shades I like best, so I can just go to TKB and get a hell of a lot more product for my $6 lol.

I'm not bashing anyone. If you like them, awesome.

psychotums

I ordered from GDE the other day, before reading this thread actually. This is mostly because I've seen so many artists on YouTube using the products and they looked lovely. Until about yesterday I didn't even now there were so many mineral makeup companies online or about this whole repackaging business. I haven't gotten my order yet, but I'm still excited. I have to say that GDE's customer service is wonderful, Vee is polite, friendly, and very timely with her responses. Good CS is something that is so important to me. In regards to repackaging, I took a look at TKB's. The thing that bothers me is that the products come in baggies, baggies drive me bonkers, so even if I'm paying a tad more from GDE for something that is essentially the same product, I'm not going to complain because I much prefer jars. And I'll bet I'd blow a load of product trying to jar it myself, too. Of course these are my opinions
smiles.gif
I shall have to update when I actually receive my products!

nebbish

I can see that. Baggies are definitely a turn-off when considering a product. But the fact that you can buy the same color for $4 an ounce & jars are pretty cheap, too, I'd say the wasted product from transferring is worth not paying GDE the markup.

I do hope you enjoy your purchase, tho!

psychotums

I got my GDE order a few days ago. I got nine sample sized jars in Family Secret, Just Bitten, Secretive, Boyfriend Sweater, Island Chic, Angel Wings, Dinospotz, Ladies Night, and Skinny Jeans. They are all very pretty colours and well pigmented. Family Secret is a really beautiful highlighter and Skinny Jeans looks really nice all over the lid and is nice for a quick and easy look. I gave Island Chic and Ladies Night a go today and both of them are super pigmented. The only thing I have trouble with is how messy Ladies Night is, because it is a matte black infused with dark blue glitter. But it is worth the mess for how pretty it turns out. Overall, I am pleased with my order. I like the products and the customer service. I would purchase from Vee again. I am still waiting on my glosses from Mel and am very excited to see how they will be, too.