• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

~Glossy Apricot~

Caffy

So..It's been a while since I made a tutorial.. I've been busy graduating from University..! Woohoo... How I have more free time..so hopefully you all enjoy this look! It's simple, and neutral and good for day to night, just add more liner to make it a night time look. I usually prefer a neutral makeup look cuz I hate looking like a night queen during the day with fake lashes... According to Nars, this fall is all about natural lashes, because vibrant shadow will be overpowered by pointy black lashes... ;-) so here goes!
( I tried to use all mac products today!)

Face:
Mac Studio Tech NC15
Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige ( OMG this stuff is def. worth the $68 dollars it costs)
no Powder..
Mac Brow shader in Maple/ Soft Charcoal

Blush:
Nars Deep Throat
Kevyn Aucoin Tansoliel cheek glow
Mac Bronzing Powder

Eyes:
Prep+ Prime
Mac Dazzlelight ( Highlight brow)
Retrospeck ( highlight inner eye)
Samoa Silk (midtone)
Texture (Crease)
Ricepaper (Blending)
Smolder eye kohl
L'oreal Voluminous carbon black

Lips
Prestige gloss liner in honeysuckle
Diorkiss gloss in #228 fruit splash

Nails:
Chanel Black Satin + Mac Whirlwind

Brushes:
Mac # 190 foundation
#222 tapered blending
#252 large shadow (base)
#168 contour brush
Sephora brow brush
Sephora Bronzer Brush
Sonia Kashuk large Liner brush

peach1.JPG

So this is that ugly...no makeup face we all hate to post.
peach2.JPG

I love this stuff...run out and get it!
peach3.JPG

So I gently dab it on with my ring finger...gently!
peach4.JPG

End up like this...
peach5.JPG

peach6.JPG

Foundation, brush it on ( I generally don't use foundation..but I wanted a more polished look..so yea..)
peach7.JPG

peach8.JPG

Brows are a must! Frames your whole face.
peach9.JPG

Dab on some prep and prime, shadow base. I know you girls love the new Mac Paint pots..but they are too hard for me, and this gives me a neutral base.
peach10.JPG

peach11.JPG

peach12.JPG

Alright my neutral pro palette then I take me #252 large brush and brush on some Samoa Silk all over my lid, concentrating up to my crease.
peach13.JPG

Then I take some Rice paper, to blend out any harsh edges
peach13.5.JPG

Take some dazzlelight to highlight my brow bone..
peach14.JPG

Then I take my tapered #222 brush and take texture ( a peachy brown) and blend up into my crease, with a windshield wiper motion.
peach15.JPG

Ta da!
peach16.JPG

peach17.JPG

Take some retrospek and highlight the inner corners of your eye... Makes them look bigger.
peach18.JPG

Take the Sonia Kashuk large liner brush and line the lower lid with Samoa Silk.
peach19.JPG

Should end up like that.
peach20.JPG

peach21.JPG

End up looking like this...
peach22.JPG

Curl the lashes.. even though we aren''t emphasizing the lashes today.. still opens the eye.
peach23.JPG

peach24.JPG

Line the eye with Smolder... Make it thicker if u want..thin if you want. I like mine thicker!
peach25.JPG

What I like to make a glossy liner and make it softer, I dip my liner in vaseline, and then it's easier to line the eye that way... !
peach26.JPG

peach27.JPG

peach28.JPG

Smudge the line with a q-tip or your pinkie..doesn't matter. The point is the line shouldn't be too clean...a little blended in looks better
peach29.JPG

peach30.JPG

Mascara...just one coat..... wanna see the apricot color of the eyes..
peach31.JPG

Dab on some of that cheek glow in tansoliel..can't live home without this stuff!
peach32.JPG

wow..look how good it makes the skin look!..
peach33.JPG

peach34.JPG

I like to set my cheek colour with some shimmery powder blush.. I'm using Nars Deep Throat, but Im sure Mac makes a similar colour.
peach35.JPG

peach36.JPG

I use mac bronzing powder, and my #168 contour brush to contour my chubby face, concentrating under the cheek bone to hollow out your face...
ssad.gif

peach37.JPG

Line the lips with a neutral lip liner, im using Prestige in honeysuckle (gloss liner)

and TADA! finito!
peach39.JPG

peach40.JPG

peach41.JPG

Thanks for watching! and please give me some feedback..it's been a while since I made a tutorial..

Cheers!

Perple1

OMG! Gorgeous! I'm new to Spectra and learn so much from you young girls! Keep up the good work & congrats on achieving your degree.
BTW ~ Are you wearing one of the new MAC nail Lacquers? HOT!

yummy411

CONGRATS ON YOUR DEGREE! thanks for the tut! where did you get your concealer and what polish is that on your nails!? =))

Caffy

hi girls! thanks!!... I got my Cle de Peau concealer at Saks Fifth Ave. ( the one in NYC) and it's a bit pricey...but it's wonderful... So smooth, and doesn't crease up. The nail polish I'm wearing is Chanel's Black Satin ( is it still limited edition?) and one coat of mac's Whirlwind polish ( from the new collection)

Cheers !

MACATTAK

Congrats to you! I really like how you put the liner in some vaseline...I gotta try that one!

Latest posts