Going to be in a pool and need to look fab!

mariecinder

Can I get some recs for good make up to use? I'm already thinking Wet N Wild's H2O Proof liner and I'm hoping my Revlon Colorstay will stay on through the pool. I'm looking for a good waterproof mascara.

I tried searching but didn't find anything...

P.S. The guy I'm crushing on will be there so I must look pretty! =D

Edit: Oh, some recs for ideas on how to maintain hair would be fab too. I'm already thinking beach waves but some product that would help the after pool hair would be nice too!

LoveMac26

If you are looking for a good waterproof mascara, you should go to makeupalley.com and check their product reviews. If you search for waterproof mascara, there should be quite a bit of variety to help make your decision.

Avoid lipgloss as it only gets sticky and smudges off. But chapstick with sunscreen is a must. Maybe it will have a little shine to it if you are lucky.

Just put on some moisturizer/sunscreen and I'm sure you will look great!

LoveMac26

Although I cant tell you from personal experience, I have heard many good things about L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara. So maybe try that one if you can't get any other good recs?

TDoll

CG Lashblast just came out with a new waterproof formula. That stuff is awesome! I wouldn't wear much face makeup. If you have some blemishes, use MAC's Studio Finish concealer (the one in the pot). It's water resistant. I've used it at the pool before and it really does stay put! Set it with some pressed blot powder and you'll be set. That should be all you need. I wouldn't over-do it. I'm sure you'll look fabulous!

mariecinder

Thank you! I have Studio Finish concealor.

And yes...my skin is being very bad right now...mucho blemishes. =[

dolcedaniela

I am so doubtful about the true power of long lasting waterproof make up , especially eyewear. I tried wearing Waterproof aqua creme liner by MUFE (while working at a department store and comparing to other professional lines, this one was the toughest) and in the pool it bled right off!! I looked like I had bad dark circles so I quit wearing in the water..

Not much you can do but try to flock towards the waterproof professional stuff, try wearing sunglasses to not get your face so wet and no face rubbing, i wish you the best of luck !!! =P

dolcedaniela

Oh and by the way, Make up forever has a lot of products specifically created for Cirque de soleil but became popular and are sold in their line to the public, so they might be your best bet!

User49

I'd just wear aqualine liquidlast mac liner with mayballine blackest black waterproof mascara or mac splashproof mascara. I'd also wear a little bit of lip balm (mac tendertones are nice) and not bother with powder/foundation. Go au natural with the skin, but play up the eyes! As far as hair care goes John Frida did an awesome cocunut smelling hair oil that you could use before you go in the sea or chlorine. It also works as a hot oil when your in the sun to condition your hair. I don't know if they make it anymore but I'm sure it's on ebay. It's called " John Frida Life Preserver". It's very yummy and I highly recommend it!

PolyphonicLove

For mascara, anything by Maybelline would work [my favs are Full n Soft, Lash Stylist, and Lash Discovery; another good one is Define A Lash]. Their mascaras are TRULY waterproof, and only come off when you want them too. Wet N Wild's H20 Proof Liquid Liner owns all; because, like Maybelline, it REALLY IS waterproof. Like...everything proof. Its my HG liquid liner.

If you have a waterproof concealer, then touch up on your discolorations, and buff in some translucent powder. If you want to save a step of applying sunscreen and powder, you could use a mineral sunscreen, a la Peter Thomas Roth. Its in a container filled with SPF 30 translucent powder with an attached brush - perfect for poolside touch-ups and sunscreen application. No mirror needed! You may also want to keep blotting sheets on hand as well [but, if you want to be chic about blotting your oilies away, try UD's De-Slick Mattifying Powder; I love it].

As of your hair, Fekkai has some stuff that could help:

Frizz Control and Wash And Wear

Both products are really useful because they protect hair from UV rays. So no matter how you style your hair, its protected from the sun.

Don't forget the sunnies!

user79

I really wouldn't wear foundation or concealer in the water. I think with the amount of chemicals that are in pool water, it's bound to wash off or look really weird. It depends how long you'll be in the water for, but even waterproof mascaras will smudge after extended swimming...I'd honestly just wear a good sunscreen, and take a fun lipglass with you that you can apply when you get out of the water.

mariecinder

Thanks everyone for the amazing recs!

I wish I could go without foundation...but my skin is so horrible right now I can't stand the thought of going anywhere (even a family event) without foundation/concealor.

Does anyone know of any drugstore waterproof concealors?

SoSoAmazin

for liner - MAC's Liquidlast is my swimming HG! let me tell u, that stuff will NOT budge!

for mascara, I 2nd the l'oreal voluminous waterproof - it's hard to remove in general so it should stay on while swimming.

as for concealer, i haven't tried but a lot have rec. Make Up Forever's Full Cover concealer on makeupalley.com

Hope that helps!
th_wink3.gif

msmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachica
Perhaps you should do your makeup and take a shower with it just to see how it sticks?

good point!
smiles.gif

Amaranth

Yeah, definitely LiquidLast liner, that stuff is impossible to get off when you WANT it to come off.

Also, if you wanna do something with your lips, you could always try a lip stain. Or if you wanna go for a lighter colour, try one of L'Oreal's Infallible lip colours (probably without the gloss top coat). That stuff is like, LiquidLast for the lips to me.

MACATTAK

^^ Yeah, when I'm in a pool, I swim. Even if I've taken off my makeup beforehand & there's a little residue mascara or something, I come up looking like a huge mess. Without fail though, at various pools I have been to there are always women with lots of makeup, hair completely done & jewelry on. It's different for everyone I guess.

Kalico

Personally, when I go swimming its usually a social event and I like to look pretty at social events. The OP did mention her skin is bothering her. I totally understand not wanting to be seen with no make-up on a face that's breaking out, because that's exactly what my skin is doing. I'd rather not everybody know that my face is covered in red zits and scarring skin. Acne can really effect your self esteem. AND there's a cute boy there. =P

When I go swimming I like to braid my hair in pigtails and add some leave in conditioner. My hair is unruly unless contained though.

Amaranth

I can understand wearing make-up! I mean, it makes no sense to go hugely made up since a lot of it is going to come off and make you look bad anyway, but I always wear AT LEAST waterproof mascara and a waterproof brow filler. Mainly because my brows have become like, a part of my identity hahahaha. I can't be seen without them.

Latest posts