• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Golden Girl (MAC's "Tectonic" and "Painterly")

vanessagarcia

I love GOLD, something about it is just so pretty, I think the shimmer in all the golds I have bought when it comes to cosmetics has always been stunning.

I thought id put my "Tectonic" to the test from MAC's 'Flashtronic' Collection.

Here is what I used:

1. Physician's Formula Concealer Duo
2. Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Potion (eyeshadow base)
3. MAC's "Painterly" from the 'Painterly' series
4. MAC's flashtronic eyeshadow in "tectonic"
5. MAC's eyeshadow in "Amber Lights", equivalent to Milani's "Sun Goddess"
6. Black Kohl Eyeliner, gel liners also work well like MAC's Fluidline.
7. Everyday Minerals Foundation in "Light Olive" (intensive formula).
8. Physician's Formula Bronzer
9. L'Oreal's Telescopic Mascara in "Blackest Black"
10. NYC Lipgloss in "Iced Orchid"

map.jpg

A map of my palette:
palettemap.jpg

Step 1: Applied my base and painterly, then all over color with MAC's "Tectonic", giving it a deep gold with a hint of brown and green.
tut1.jpg

Step 2:
Then used amberlights from the middle to the outer part of my lid
bronze.jpg

For it to come out like this:
goldlid.jpg

Both eyes...
noliner.jpg

I then applied my eyeliner and lined the bottom with my black kohl eyeliner and placed some eyebrow powder on it to "set" and smudge.
goldpair.jpg

powderline.jpg

If you are using mineral foundation, I suggest you put that on FIRST before you apply your mascara as the powder will fall on your eyelashes.
pairopen.jpg

bronzepairhalf.jpg

onelid.jpg

And ta-da!

bronzeface.jpg

stephie06

you look amazing in gold! i'm kind of regretting passing up the mes's but i think i can use cocomotion pigment instead of techtonic right? i am so trying this
smiles.gif
i saw it earlier on you blog
smiles.gif

Latest posts