Good Oil Control Lotion ?

Life In Return

Anyone know of a good all day facial moisturizer that controls oil ? I usually use Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion, but later on in the day, I find my T Zone getting oily. Anyone have any good recommendations as far as moisturizer ?

xstephax

MAC'S oil control lotion is good. I used it a few times but it really dried out my skin (because i'm not SUPER oily). so i stopped using it and i've given it to my bf. however, i know that it works for people with really oily skin.

i also like l'oreal's hydrafresh for normal to oily skin. it helps prevent shineyness.

Life In Return

I bought the MAC and my T Zone is just as oily as when I use anything else
ssad.gif

lemurian

If you're not on a budget, La Mer's Oil Absorbing Lotion is fantastic! You can buy trial sizes on ebay for reasonable prices, and a wee bit goes a long way...

Shimmer

beauticontrol's all clear mattifying lotion (or something similarly named...it's the all clear line, so you can't miss it) is excellent.
smiles.gif

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
Biore Oil Control Moisturizer...light and smells great

this is amazing me and my best friend both use this, we both have the same skin type.

and we both love it!

and yes it smells like apples
smiles.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
Biore Oil Control Moisturizer...light and smells great

That didn't work for me at all.
weeping.gif
I also tried the Cosmedicine mattifying lotion and for $45 it doens't work either!
th_dunno.gif
Is there any miracle product that will prevent shine throughout the whole day?

Life In Return

I have the Oil Control lotion AND MAC's mattifying gel... AND powder... I'm not like SUPER oily, but goodness, by mid day, my TZone says hi before I do!

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life In Return
I have the Oil Control lotion AND MAC's mattifying gel... AND powder... I'm not like SUPER oily, but goodness, by mid day, my TZone says hi before I do!

is the mattifying gel any good?

because urban decay used to do one which got discontinued....

i was devestated cos it was really good.

i found prep very good.

pumpkincat210

Quote:

If the lotions don't work you should try blot papers and blot powder.

JULIA

I've been put on a routine by a family friend who works with cosmetics everyday. My skin is is très oily, especially in my T-zone. I use Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash, Neutrogena Deep Clean Acne Scrub, Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15. I also use Bioré Shine Control Foaming Cleanser.

Life In Return

For the past few days, I have been using Clearasil's Oil Control Face wash + the MAC Oil Control and they have both been working well together
smiles.gif

BinkysBaby

Quote:

I've tried that combo too and I was really upset because it didn't work. I have super oily skin so I logged on to chat with a MAC artist and she said that honestly, there is nothing they make for very oily skin. She recommended using the face wipes after washing your face to help control oil but I haven't tried those yet. I went to Sephora a few weeks ago and got Becca Mattifying Primer and it works okay. I have to say that it works much better than MAC's oil control lotion and mattifying gel. Not 100% but it's a recommendation.

Selene

OC Eight
http://www.oceight.com/

This isn't a moisturizer, but it is the best oil control product I have tried. I put it on with a foundation brush in the morning, and my face stays pretty much shine free all day.

It's non-prescription, but as far as I know, it can only be purchased from a dermatologist's office. I don't know why it's not sold in stores. There's a page on the site I linked that lets you search for a place near you that sells it. Good luck.

steponme

I hear from MUA that C.O. Bigelow has a good mattifying lotion. Don't remember the name, but it's the only oil-controlling lotion in the line.

Nolee

try Clinique's sheer mattness before ur usual moisturizer and\or on top of it, esp in the T-zone area, it helped me alot

Latest posts