Gorgeous Eyes Collection (August 15, 2013)

martiangurll

I'm picking up the palette with Manila Paper and the other one with Bruised Plum. I don't have any colors in those. I can't wait!
Manila paper is fantastical. I just got the Spring Colour forecast with the golds in it and that palette has Manila Paper in it--so pretty as a brow highlight or in the tearducts! I think I like it better than Soft Force for that purpose, and Soft Force used to be my go to for that.

TwistedFaith

Hold My Gaze might be my favorite MAC eyeshadow of all time but I already have two palettes with it; Photorealism and the holiday one from a few years ago. But I'm still fighting the urge to get any quad that has HMG in it, I love it so. I have issues.

AngelBunny

Hold My Gaze might be my favorite MAC eyeshadow of all time but I already have two palettes with it; Photorealism and the holiday one from a few years ago. But I'm still fighting the urge to get any quad that has HMG in it, I love it so. I have issues.
Same here ... and yes I am getting this one ...

Odelia

tumbleweed.gif

Maybe tonight....

AngelBunny

Eta: HMG is not in the Photorealism quad, I was mixing it up with Imagemaker. So now I can feel a lil' better splurging on the new quad.
Well hell I know I have two of them ... now I am going to have to go seek out the other just to make sure I am not nuts! I know one of them is the Sorceress palette ...

AngelBunny

tumbleweed.gif

Maybe tonight....
The MUA I did my Indulge preview with said that she hadn't heard or seen anything about this collection since their last update so they are thinking it is delayed ... She said that literally NOTHING had been mentioned of it between update and me asking yesterday.

erine1881

The MUA I did my Indulge preview with said that she hadn't heard or seen anything about this collection since their last update so they are thinking it is delayed ... She said that literally NOTHING had been mentioned of it between update and me asking yesterday.  
If it was delayed, they would've gotten a memo saying so, so seeing as how they haven't heard anything about is kinda weird :dunno:

AngelBunny

If it was delayed, they would've gotten a memo saying so, so seeing as how they haven't heard anything about is kinda weird
th_dunno.gif
Agreed ... I didn't know about the memo thing but that just makes it curiouser and curiouser ...

BTW, from one Erin to another,
th_hello2.gif

erine1881

Agreed ... I didn't know about the memo thing but that just makes it curiouser and curiouser ...  BTW, from one Erin to another, 
th_hello2.gif
Well hello! :wavey: Yup. They send company memos anytime there's any launch date changes, specific product info changes, even changes regarding the displayers.

Audrey C

MAC Canada told me yesterday that this collection has been delayed until the first week of September.

sagehen

MAC Canada told me yesterday that this collection has been delayed until the first week of September.
I was told the same by a US online agent. However, she gave me a release date that falls on a Saturday, so I don't know how well I should trust that. This will make September exceptionally expensive.

Audrey C

I was told the same by a US online agent. However, she gave me a release date that falls on a Saturday, so I don't know how well I should trust that. This will make September exceptionally expensive.
I'm interested in Showstopper and perhaps Pink Freeze but I haven't decided whether I'll actually buy them because I have heaps of e/s already. Other than these quadst, there's nothing in any of the upcoming MAC collections that's of interest at all, so I'm thinking it will be a very cheap September. :)

sagehen

I'm interested in Showstopper and perhaps Pink Freeze but I haven't decided whether I'll actually buy them because I have heaps of e/s already. Other than these quadst, there's nothing in any of the upcoming MAC collections that's of interest at all, so I'm thinking it will be a very cheap September. :)
You're lucky - those retro mattes are calling my name!

Audrey C

You're lucky - those retro mattes are calling my name!
Mattes and satins used to be my favourite finish. I think I've just gotten bored of them after wearing them since the 90s. I have some faves in that finish (hello VG1) but lately I've fallen in love with the deeper Cremesheens.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Audrey C

I've decided to skip Showstopper as well. I have near dupes for most of these shades. I'm considering the Antonio Lopez copper 6-pan instead (pending swatches).

GoldenGirl

I do so enjoy a nice MAC quad. I usually depot anyway and put them in a palette. I have Manila Paper, so I guess I'll get one of the other two. I actually don't have showstopper (SHOCKER!!!) probably because I have enough brown shadows.

ETA: I just looked up bruised plum since it sounded familiar and realized I have that one as well from the Spring Color Forecast quad. So it's either Melt My Heart or Hold My Gaze. Maybe Idol Eyes, but it has two Lustres... BUT it also has Birds & Berries which I missed the last time it was released.

sagehen

I do so enjoy a nice MAC quad.  I usually depot anyway and put them in a palette.  I have Manila Paper, so I guess I'll get one of the other two.  I actually don't have showstopper (SHOCKER!!!) probably because I have enough brown shadows.   ETA: I just looked up bruised plum since it sounded familiar and realized I have that one as well from the Spring Color Forecast quad.  So it's either Melt My Heart or Hold My Gaze.  Maybe Idol Eyes, but it has two Lustres... BUT it also has Birds & Berries which I missed the last time it was released.  
I am also considering Idol Eyes for that reason.