GOSH Cosmetics

jenizzle

I bought a fwe GOSH things over the past week! I got four of the liquid liners - they are impossible to get off! They're great!!! I got one velvet touch eyeliner thats a li'l too hard to put on. I also got some black nail varnish, its been on about three days and hasn't chipped yet
thmbup.gif

nongoma

Hi Ladies,

I've had a few tries with Gosh make-up. I am not at a fan of their eyeshadow.
thmbdn.gif
In comparison to other drugstore brands you can get out there like Barry M I don't think its worth the price. As a woman of colour the colours just dont go on well for me so I have left them as a result.

However I have nothing but high praises for their brushes.
thmbup.gif
I can't afford full on Mac brushes and as alternative Gosh brushes are great. I have their foundation brush which has always given me a flawless finish. Their stippling brush is brilliant for blush and powder application. I cannot complain. And their eye shadow brushes are bang on point. could be happier. its certainly helped my make-up regime. great for those who are wanting something that will work well and not fall apart after 3 uses!!!
yes.gif

Heiaken

Gosh has to be one my my favourite brands out there!
I really love their brushes
thmbup.gif
except for the 187 dupe
thmbdn.gif
I hate that one! It feel incrediply itchy on my face and still after a few washes and uses sheds like crazy if I use it to apply liquid foundation. It's not fun to pick long black hairs from your face you still havent blended your foundation properly. But that really is the only Gosh product that I've tried and havent liked.
I really love their eye and lip pencils, the e/s I've tried have been really good too as have the "shadesticks" also.

MACLovin

I have a couple effect powders (a dark green, and light pink ones, forgot the actual color names though) and I do like them, they're pretty!

Can you use them with mixing medium? or will it not work? havn't tried yet

Norwaygirl

The only GOSH product I have so far is their foundation primer which I absolutely LOVE! I think they have some really great products.

Flossie

Can anyone compare the GOSH stippling brush to the MAC one... i have the GOSH and it's ok - i found it thinned out towards to the end making application harder

Can anyone rate them both - i think as with a lot of people the 187 is steep in price. I wouldn't want to buy it unless i knew i could use it everyday as a basic must have.

pink_lariat

I love the velvet touch waterproof eyeliners, the colors are Amazing and they really last long.

I'm going back to get more colors.

They are $13 here from the Shoppers.

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossie
Can anyone compare the GOSH stippling brush to the MAC one... i have the GOSH and it's ok - i found it thinned out towards to the end making application harder

Can anyone rate them both - i think as with a lot of people the 187 is steep in price. I wouldn't want to buy it unless i knew i could use it everyday as a basic must have.

I would definately recomend getting the MAC 187. I have both and have to say that the MAC brush is ten times better than the Gosh skunk brush. The 187's handle is a bit shorter and also the bristles are shorter and the diamater of the bristel is smaller. Because the 187 is smaller IMO blending liquid foundation is easier especilly around the nose and under your eyes. The 187 is also more dense and a bit stiffer than the Gosh wich makes it easier to handle.
The main things in wich the Gosh brush is worse are softness and shedding. The Gosh skunk brush feels stingly on my face and after more than ten washes is still sheds hairs on my face when I'm blending my SFF with it. The 187 is a lot softer and only sheds a few hairs afer the firts few washes. The Gosh brush also still leaks black dey everytime I was it.
The skunk brush is the only Gosh brush that I haven't been satisfied with, I think that all others (I have allmost all of them) are worth the money and very high quality. Just don't get the skunk, save your money to get the MAC 187!

Blueeyesangel18

I absolutely love gosh cosmetics, the pharmacy I work in has this brand so I get 25% off!!! Which is great I have a double eyeshadow, 2 quads, 4 pigments, compact, velvet touch primer,a couple of the lipsticks and lipliners and countless eyeliners and will be buying more
smiles.gif
I never took notice of the brushes before but now that u mention they are close to the MAC ones which I cant afford I think I'll be looking at them in a new light. Thanks guys

Princesa Livia

i read on another thread that Gosh has their own version of the MAC 219 (but i thought to ask the question here though.. if that's alright since this is more of a GOSH thread than the other) but anyway, i was wondering how their 219 dupe compares to the MAC 219 itself?

would anyone care to share their thoughts on it? (size, texture of bristles.. etc compared to the MAC 219 brush) i really want a pencil brush, but i find the 219 to be quite expensive..
smiles.gif

Heiaken

I don't have the MAC 219 (yet, I have and obsession to MAC brushes, well I have an obsession to make up brushes in general..) but have the Gosh pencil brush and I've been really happy with it. I mostly smudge my eyeliner with it and sometimes use it in my crease and outer corner.
The bristles are soft and I don't think it's shed at all, it's a really high quality brush IMO and I would definatelty recomend it to anyone!

Princesa Livia

thanks Heiaken, so the brushes must be really good quality then, can anyone give me a size comparison between the gosh and MAC 219 pencil brushes? which one has smaller bristles &/or narrower brush?.

Lucenah

Oo! I absolutely love GOSH ^_^ Though it's true, they are more on the expensive side here in Canada, but it's definitely not outrageous. Around $13 bucks for eyeliner? It's in the middle range somewhere. Anyways, I work at Shoppers, so I get 30% off anyways!! Though I have bought GOSH at full price, and they really ARE worth it - especially the eyeliner. Such gorgeous colours! I have 2 of the Extreme Art ones, one Velvet Touch liner in the purple, and just got some mascara that I am excited to try out today. I'm thinking of getting the primer since I'm hearing such good things about it here ^_^

I haven't seen any brushes at any Shoppers that I've been to, but if I see them I'm def gonna check them out :p

thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

kittykit

I just ordered some Effect Powder from an e-shop here. Hopefully the shipment will arrive tomorrow! I can't wait to try them.

Carlyx

I love GOSH, it always catches my eye everytime I walk past and must always stop to have a look.

I reallly want to try the velvet touch primer as I've heard really good reviews about it.

~Zoe~

Some looks by Gosh Cosmetics...
Most are pretty basic, especially compared to the lovely creations I've seen on Specktra but nonetheless its good for some inpiration!
{P.S. ~ Mods plz move this if necessary as I wasn't sure where to post these...}

abbey_08

i love the velvet primer its amazing!!!!!!!! also love their green concealer (forget its proper name) its really great and blends very well