Green look for the Springtime.. nothing too special

blackeneddove

So I've done a look similar to this before, but I like to THINK I've improved even if I havent.. so it's a bit different. Been working on color placement and such.. I've been super uninspired lately though, I feel like I never improve my skills, they stay the same or even get worse.. blehhhh. On to the look:

Eyes:
- MAC Bare Canvas paint
- MAC Golden Olive p/m
- Maybelline Antique Jade e/s
- MAC Black Tied e/s
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
- Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara
- Maybelline define-a-brow in dk. brown

Face:
- L'oreal bare naturale mineral powder, Light Ivory
- MAC Fleur Power blush
- CG undereye concealer

Lips:
- MAC Blankety e/s
- MAC clear lipglass

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

Yeah.. pretty boring.

ALSO.. I have a question? I bought bare canvas because ALOT of people reccomended it to me and I was just using chapstick before.. and chapstick worked alot better.. with bare canvas the colors are duller and harder to blend and that was unexpected.. I think I've messed around with it enough to know the proper amount to use but can someone tell me if they have a secret with this stuff? Also.. for some wierd reason, I can't get Violet p/m or Stars n Rockets e/s or any other purples, but those 2 in particular, to stick AT ALL with bare canvas.. wtf? Can someone explain?

ugh.. end rant.

Thanks for looking everyone, CC is always appreciated!
xo Chelsea

starrynight0127

I don't have any tips for bare canvas as I tend to take the chapstick route...however, I love this look, you're really pretty! Those colors really look great on you

L1LMAMAJ

I never thought of using chapstick as a base!! Does it crease at all? Your makeup looks beautiful.

Bare canvas ends up lumpy and not blendable on my lids. I'm sad. I guess I'll try it again.

blackeneddove

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
I never thought of using chapstick as a base!! Does it crease at all? Your makeup looks beautiful.

It doesn't crease as long as you blend it out with your finger so its tacky, but not sticky.. theres an older FOTD somewhere on here showing a pic of me the next day to show it's staying power.. posted around V-day if you wanna look. And I used burt's bees which is wax based so it's not as slick.. and thats why I'm so pissed! I spend $2 bucks on burts bees and it works better than my $16 paint.. so frusturating!

And thanks for the comment, thanks everyone for your compliments <3 Keeps me going

Fataliya

I have a paint pot that I can't use, either. Matter of fact, I have a paint pot, a sharkskin shadestick, and a NYX pencil in Milk that I can't use. They all end up...funky, chunky, lumpy, and my shadow ends up looking like shit.

So, yeah, money wasted. If I use anything, I'm sticking to my Chapstick Naturals.

n_c

Sorry I don't have advice on the paint.

I like this look and ur skin looks great
smiles.gif

blackeneddove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
I have a paint pot that I can't use, either. Matter of fact, I have a paint pot, a sharkskin shadestick, and a NYX pencil in Milk that I can't use. They all end up...funky, chunky, lumpy, and my shadow ends up looking like shit.

So, yeah, money wasted. If I use anything, I'm sticking to my Chapstick Naturals.

Isn't that so annoying that you wasted money on those products and freakin' chapstick works better? I'm glad I'm not the only one with problems with a base.. I need a miracle base.. ugh

And everyone thanks so so much for taking the time to comment
smiles.gif

Lizzie

This is a great look!

I love bare canvas, but I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. Usually it's the amount of product used, but if you say you've got the amount down, then I'm not sure. To make it easier to blend, cover the part you put the paint on with a nude shadow, like Vanilla, in a very thin layer. Hope that helps some...