Growing your hair out

star1692

I was just wondering if anyone had some tips on growing your hair out. Right now my hair is pretty short but its finally starting to gte a little bit of length to it. I'm wanting it to get to at least shoulder length, but I am sooo far from that its unreal. Anyway, and ideas or tips on letting it grow out?? Thanks!

sewpunk

I am in the same boat! I am trying gorw out a pixi cut into a bob, and I am almost there. (A freaking year later!) What I have been doing is taking regular trips to the salon every 4 weeks to get my bottom/under layers trimed so the top layers can catch up.

As it has been growing in, I left in some long bangs, so I have something to "style" while the rest is growning out. I rock a mini pompadour or a headband on bad hair days.

It annoying, but you may have a period of a few months while you hate your growing out hairstyle, but it is temporary! You have to stay stong a resist the urge to cut it if you don't like if you hair for a while.

cheerleader.gif
thmbup.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewpunk
I am in the same boat! I am trying gorw out a pixi cut into a bob, and I am almost there. (A freaking year later!) What I have been doing is taking regular trips to the salon every 4 weeks to get my bottom/under layers trimed so the top layers can catch up.

As it has been growing in, I left in some long bangs, so I have something to "style" while the rest is growning out. I rock a mini pompadour or a headband on bad hair days.

It annoying, but you may have a period of a few months while you hate your growing out hairstyle, but it is temporary! You have to stay stong a resist the urge to cut it if you don't like if you hair for a while.

cheerleader.gif
thmbup.gif

God, I hear ya girlie! I have done this many a time! It's like my thing, chop all my hair off ala Winona Ryder in her short hair days then grow it out, and repeat. I've been doing this for years!
But I do exactly what Sewpunk says...I have them keep cutting the back and let the top grow out. While the layers are growing out, headbands & scarves are my best friends! Invest in some! I'm not much of a bobby pin girl, but that'll work too. Just get creative b/c there are times in the growing out phase when your hair looks like crap and all you're gonna want to do is rip it out! But stay strong. As for me, it takes about a year as well to grow my hair from pixie short to about above shoulder bob length.
Good Luck!!

Iridescence

Hey Ladies, well....I have to say I have shorter hair than Winona Ryder!!! It was sooooooo short and spiked int he back...Currently I have hair down past my shoulders!!! woooooo...so it isn't impossible. Patience is definitely a huge part but the way I kept going was putting the front portion of my hair back into twists...so kinf of like corn rolls all the way across and leaving the back. Its a cute look and very handy throughout the day. It took me approximately a year and a maybe two months to have decent hair length. But as soon as I could put it up I did both the twists and half pony tails until the bottom all fit into one!

good luck on your journey!!!!!
I've been there!

CincyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
resist the urge to cut!!
smiles.gif

Some recommend taking biotin to accelerate growth.
smiles.gif

I've taken biotin to help my nails and hair grow. I feel that it really helped. I was taking 1000 mcg a day, I know some people take up to 3000 mcg. One word of warning, it makes all your hair grow faster so be prepared to shave/wax more often.

Shimmer

I'm taking 1000mg a day, considering bumping it to 2, but yeah.
Shave/wax time increases as well. :/

JULIA

Does Biotin actually help your hair grow faster? My hair is a little bit below my shoulders and I want it to be longer but it just won't grow. Should I try this?

star1692

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement girls!! Guess I have a long road ahead of me!! I'll do as suggested and resist the urge to cut it off!!! God its soo freaking hard though. Where do you get biotin???

CincyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by star1692
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement girls!! Guess I have a long road ahead of me!! I'll do as suggested and resist the urge to cut it off!!! God its soo freaking hard though. Where do you get biotin???

Any grocery store or discount store with a vitamin section will have biotin as well as any health food or vitamin shop. There are also hair, skin and nails vitamins but you'll pay way more for ingredients you can get in the average multivitamin.

I got my bottle of biotin when my grocery store was having a sale on their brand of supplements. I got 60 tablets for $3.

sewpunk

oh yeah, I also leave my sunglasses on top of my ALL the time. It subs as a headband and makes me feel more glamorous!
cutey.gif

Shimmer

you can get a skinny scarf from f21 and put it around your head as a headband a la Nicole Richie.
smiles.gif

JULIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewpunk
oh yeah, I also leave my sunglasses on top of my ALL the time. It subs as a headband and makes me feel more glamorous!
cutey.gif

Hahaha. I do this all the time. If my hair doesn't work out the way I want it to, I just put my glasses on my head and my problem's solved. A lot of people ask me, "Don't you have glasses so you can READ?!" Glasses = $250 headband

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIA
"Don't you have glasses so you can READ?!" Glasses = $250 headband

So, so true!
graucho.gif

foxyqt

we {as in the arab region} mostly use castor oil to make the hair grow faster and thicker as well~! =)

Raerae

god i hated growing my hair out... I had a short short short cut going for a bit. I actually didn't make it the first time, and attacked my not short but not long hair with the scissors lol. 2nd time I made it.

My hair is about 5 inches below my shoulders now and growing. I've been rocking the ponytail forever!

I made a huge hair blunder with my bangs though and cut them way short. I hated it as soon as I did it. But I had to see how I would look. So yeh... Growing that out now LOL! My bangs just barely tuck behind my ears now lol, and just long enough to always get stuck in my lipgloss. LOL

Latest posts