Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
@ 46 a piece,, they should at least build something more user friendly imo. I have cut off the tops of two already -- and I am no newbie to mu.. lol

Mine have never given me problems, but they do seem just excessive. I wish that they'd tone down the packaging a little and put some of that money into more interesting colours. The Rouge G's are gorgeous, but I find that the shades are all super-safe. Classy is always great, but you also want to look like you're leading edge. Strangely, I find that they're better at channeling originality in their other products.

User38

they do much better with pigmented products, i.e. blush, powders, etc. We saw the Rouge G phenomenom.. but the ls category is so saturated, they must feel the edge would come from this nutty packaging, which in my case (short on time and not nimble of fingers) just get me a messy tube.

cavande

I adore Guerlain! Here's a brief overview of what I have from them:

- Météorites primer: I love this primer. It gives such a radiant glow!
- the original Météorites powder: Definitely worth its hype! I truly believe it highlights my face in the most gorgeous way.
- Météorites powder brush: I always buy the brush that goes with the product, but I don't think this brush is necessary because it isn't a super special, unmatched-by-no-other kind of brush (though I do like it).
- Terracotta bronzer: I'm really pale but rarely use bronzer. However, when I do, it's this one. It's absolutely stunning.
- Rouge G Jewel lipsticks: I love everything about the Rouge G lipsticks, from the packaging to the texture to the longevity. My favourite one is Guerlinade, but I must admit that I'm not a fan of the Série Noire collection. They are sheerer and have these awful chunks of glitter.

katred

Specktra Bestie
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
Cavande!

I was going to say that I'm still pretty new to the Rouge G lipsticks, but I've actually managed to accumulate a few, considering how expensive they are. I actually liked three of the four colours in the Serie Noir (I only bought Rouge Sensuel, but I liked Fuchsia Delice too). I guess the shimmer wasn't an issue for me.

The colours they do have are nice, nuanced takes on classic shades. I absolutely love Grenade, which was my first Rouge G purchase. It's just that part of me wishes they'd do a couple of outlandish colours just for the hell of it. It's not really their style, but a girl can dream...

Honey&LemonGirl

http://beaut.ie/blog/2011/guerlain-terra-inca-for-summer-2011-pictures-swatches/ Some swatches of the Inca summer collex for you ladies!! I know you've been waiting. :bigstar: Hopefully there will be swatches of the powder e/s and the bronzer soon. The glosses look especially gorgeous. Nicely pigmented and without shimmer, sort of what I expected the Chanel Gloss Fluo (Pop & Laser) from summer 2010 to look like.

Miss QQ

Thanks! I'm in love with the collection! The cream shadows, the lipglosses and terra inca will be mine! Yup the lipglosses are like Chanel's last summer, I have the coral one.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The glosses look especially gorgeous. Nicely pigmented and without shimmer, sort of what I expected the Chanel Gloss Fluo (Pop & Laser) from summer 2010 to look like.
Oh dear... I looked at this and started going wanwantwant at her swatches... And she didn't even swatch the quad and the luminous powder, which are the things I want the most... Thanks very much for the link!!

RedVelvetX

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbeauty-staff.livejournal.com%2F107952.html

Some more swatches, I love the ombre eyeshadows

bis

[quote name="pippa!" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/240#post_2108171"] after seeing these pictures i must have the inca bronzer!

http://urbanstateofmind.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-guerlain-terra-inca-sublime.html

does anyone know the release date for the uk? i remember reading it was meant to be end of march, but my local counter didn't have it at the beginning of april & i can't see it online on any of the usual uk stockists' websites...
[/quote] Thanks for the link. Germany is supposed to get the collection beginning of May, so in about two weeks time. No idea if the dates are the same though. I love the way the Inca powder looks at her, now I will get it for sure :love:

Ingenue

I'm wondering if this collection is even coming to the US. No one seems to know what I'm talking about around here. lol

katred

Specktra Bestie
after seeing these pictures i must have the inca bronzer!

http://urbanstateofmind.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-guerlain-terra-inca-sublime.html

does anyone know the release date for the uk? i remember reading it was meant to be end of march, but my local counter didn't have it at the beginning of april & i can't see it online on any of the usual uk stockists' websites...
WOW. Well that settles it. I need that. She's not far off my colour and it looks absolutely stunning on her. I want glowy cheeks... So this will be my second excruciatingly expensive Guerlain face product this year, after the Blush G.

UrbanState

@pippa!: Thanks so much for linking to my blog!

Girls, thanks so much for all your kind words!

You are so sweet! :* The powder is absolutely stunning, I can't stop raving about it! I've never been so happy about owning a piece of makeup - it was expensive, but so worth it!

pippa!

no, thank you for posting swatches! i've been googling like crazy today trying to find swatches and they were impossible to find, so i was really glad i found your blog (which is great btw!). you've completely inspired me to get the powder when i wasn't even sure i liked it before as your colouring is v similar to mine & it looks amazing on you :)

shontay07108

Oh, man I was going to get the Terracotta bronzer, but I may get this new one instead. My head is spinning because this will be my first Guerlain product. I want it now! I need to find it first, though. :lol:

UrbanState

no, thank you for posting swatches! i've been googling like crazy today trying to find swatches and they were impossible to find, so i was really glad i found your blog (which is great btw!). you've completely inspired me to get the powder when i wasn't even sure i liked it before as your colouring is v similar to mine & it looks amazing on you :)
Thanks! Please always feel free to visit ;)

Regarding the powder - seriously, Guerlain has rocked my makeup world with this piece! I was expecting a bronzer and I'm actually happy it's not. If you're fair like me, it'll make a wonderful blush / highlighter! It's not cheap, but so worth it ... especially with the packaging ...

if you cannot tell - I'm totally crazy about it :D

UrbanState

^^ Thanks! It's stunning on you!
Thank you so much
kissy.gif

Today I tried to pull off the Inca make up of Natalia Vodianova ... I had just one picture to refer to, so it's far from perfect, but still - if you wish, check it out here (click). Since I didn't get the Inca eyeshadow palette, I tried to dupe it with eyeshadows I already have in my stash. I'm curious what you think (granted I'm not a makeup pro, so please be understanding ;)

If anyone has a link to blog with a good Inca Eyeshadow review, please share - I'd love to see it "in action" :)

Latest posts