Guerlain discussion

Ingenue

Oooohhhh that's how I feel about Sleek. It's 13.50 to ship.. no matter what. And since the brand is cheap.. it's easy to pay more for shipping than you do for the actual product. Plus, they take forever to ship.

I ordered the powder and the eyeshadow from Dillards. I can't wait to get it!
yahoo.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well I stopped in at the pharmacy today and *bang* there were the Rouge Automatiques. I swatched about 80% of them and I am in love. They feel lovely and the colours are sublime. I'm glad that the next couple of Mac launches look so disappointing, because I want to start buying them right away...

MzzRach

Just remembered this thread was here! :) Just wanted to comment that I have 3 of the Ecrin 6 Couleurs eyeshadow palettes (Rue Des France Bourgeois, Rue De Passy and Rue De Sevres) and these are some of the best shadows I have ever used, and I have used a lot. Pigmentation is marvelous and the texture is amazing. The compacts are like pieces of jewelry! Except they are very heavy and not really practical for travel.

I'm going to have to check out the spring collection now after reading this thread.......
heart.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
^^ Let us know which colours you picked up! :)

None yet. I get paid Tuesday, after which I am going to have to be held back. Only one that disappointed me was Mitsouko, which is just way too sheer. All the others are gorgeous and I think there are shades for every skin tone as well. I'm happy to see Guerlain being a little riskier with the colour palette as well- these shades seem to be more "fun" than the Rouge G, which are more understated and "classic". It's a good strategy on their part, I think, because not only are the formulas different, but the choice of colours is distinct as well.

pippa!

i seem to have really developed a thing for guerlain lately! i recently added the meteorites pressed pearls in 01 mythic parfait and 02 rose frais to my stash, and also got a free eye kohl with them. thoughts so far are that i really like the pressed pearls as a finishing powder (despite the overspray, which does give me a discoball effect, but that will wear off soon) - they really do give me a nice, glowy, fresh finish :) next up i think i want to try the sculpting blush, has anyone tried these & have any opinions on them?

i'm glad you like the rouge automatiques katred, i really want to try them & hopefully buy at least one. i just need to get myself to a counter & swatch away!

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for your review on the pressed powder. I've never tried them but I've been tempted several times. Sorry I have not tried the blush too.

None yet. I get paid Tuesday, after which I am going to have to be held back. Only one that disappointed me was Mitsouko, which is just way too sheer. All the others are gorgeous and I think there are shades for every skin tone as well. I'm happy to see Guerlain being a little riskier with the colour palette as well- these shades seem to be more "fun" than the Rouge G, which are more understated and "classic". It's a good strategy on their part, I think, because not only are the formulas different, but the choice of colours is distinct as well.
I thought Mitsouko looks very sheer on Karla's swatch too. You must be excited to be getting them soon. :)

Rachel - thanks for sharing your love of the 6 colours palette. I didn't buy any of them but I was very impressed by the texture while swatching them.

This Chinese blogger has beautiful pics and swatches of some of the items from summer and a few of the rouge automatiques!
http://haruhii.pixnet.net/blog/post/28995913

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hi Katred, which store did u see them at? Shoppers? I must check around here in Ottawa

Yes- I was totally surprised, because, although it's a fairly nice Shoppers, it's not like it's right downtown or anything and the Guerlain MA at Holt's had told me that they would be in only on the 15th. Oh well... Nothing wrong with getting them early! The ones I want the most are a bit different than what I though originally, but there's still a lot of them, from almost every part of the collection (the beige/ brown shades don't do as much for me, but that's a subjective thing).

Shadowy Lady

Yes- I was totally surprised, because, although it's a fairly nice Shoppers, it's not like it's right downtown or anything and the Guerlain MA at Holt's had told me that they would be in only on the 15th. Oh well... Nothing wrong with getting them early! The ones I want the most are a bit different than what I though originally, but there's still a lot of them, from almost every part of the collection (the beige/ brown shades don't do as much for me, but that's a subjective thing).
I checked one of the Shoppers near my work and they didn't have them in yet. I'm gonna check another Shoppers tomorrow. I'm not in a hurry but I also wanna see everything before they sell out

Ingenue

Good to see some love for the Rouge Automatiques.. they are AMAZING! I ended up with #125... a rich red. There are SO MANY colors to choose from... and they flatter a wide range of skin tones. I love that the lippies are so silky and so pigmented! I plan to go back for more...!

Monsy

I was totally blown away by Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation . I got generous sample in nordstrom . It looks stunning, feels like nothing on skin, blends beautifuly, has good staying power. Only problem is that lightest shade is little darker than i need , but i was thinking to buy it for summer (if i ever tan lol) It's one of the best foundations i have tried.

shontay07108

How is the scent on these new lipsticks? I'm very sensitive to that. Anything stronger than the MUFE or Chanel lipsticks makes me sick. I know it's all subjective, but can anyone describe it? I am interested in the coral shades.

User38

I don't mind the scent of Guerlain ls.. they prob used the same scents in each line. At least that would be the cost effective way to do it.

bis

[quote name="Monsy" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-discussion/270#post_2111784"]I was totally blown away by Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation . I got generous sample in nordstrom . It looks stunning, feels like nothing on skin, blends beautifuly, has good staying power. Only problem is that lightest shade is little darker than i need , but i was thinking to buy it for summer (if i ever tan lol) It's one of the best foundations i have tried.[/quote] I heard so many good things about the Guerlain foundations, but they always seem so dark. What is it with European/French brands and their limited colour range? Which shade are you in MAC (NC20 if I remember correctly)? And how much coverage does it have? TIA :)

bis

[quote name="katred" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-discussion/270#post_2112008"]

Agree with you on the range. Even when I've tried their lightest shades, they've been much too dark for me, even in summer. I tried one a little while ago and it was a scary deep rose-beige on my hand. 

[/quote] Yea, and the worst thing is that the SA still try to sell the foundations to you, as they seem to think I need some colour in my face and I need to look "fresher" and more healthy. Do they do this in Canada as well?

mrslid

If you want a lighter shade of Guerlain foundations you have to get the Asia versions. I believe StrawberryNet usually carries them?

Ingenue

Shontay... the Guerlain lippies smell like the same violet scent as all of their products... but the scent is VERY light and it fades quickly. Chanel lippies have a distinct rose scent to them which tends to stick around... so if you can deal with that, Guerlain should be no problem at all.

On another note:

MY TERRA INCA AND TERRA INDIGO STUFF CAME!
yahoo.gif
IT'S FABULOUS! I'm scared to use them. I might have to get another just to use it... damned shame.