Guerlain discussion

Dominique33

dd349b87_image.jpeg
LOL Medgal yes I know I am posting for those who can ´ t make à choice, ;) here are the 3 pigmented and récent ones ( Rose Glacé is so sheer that I didńt want to post swatches ) Géraldine Rose Grenat Gladys Happy hauling :))) !

Medgal07

well i'm loving my sun celebration. love love love it. i was looking at the nude and it looks a a lot lighter in pictures but it's hard to say without a swatch of them side by side. does anyone have both? or a few to compare against sun celebration?

i love these so much but i hate when i wear out only one portion of a product and the other is full so once this sun celebration starts to dent a bit i want to grab another full bronzer. i have MAC sun dipped and i don't think it's my right shade for me so i don't use it. too faced milk chocolate works good but i feel how powdery it is because now I have felt the quality of guerlain there is no going back lol.

i think i can get a high off your hauls LOL beautiful stuff. I purchased Sunny the other day. love it and you HAVE to let me know how you like geraldine. that's so on my list next.

i also bought Dior Addict Gloss in 772 Exquise i'm in loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. it was from trianon collection and i always pass on it but i wanted to grab it before it's gone. so in love.
Thank you Starlight!
th_hug.gif
I tried but just couldn't resist Sunny. It's such a happy color. I love Geraldine---it's a beautiful cool pink w/a formula to die for. I looked up

Exquise & it's beautiful. Enjoy!!!

Medgal07

I played with a lot of the bronzers last night. The Terracotta Light Sheer powders have too much sparkle for me - I have large pores on my cheeks starting about the middle of my face towards my nose and I don't like blush/bronzers that highlight that. Matte/satin finish are more flattering. I can add glow with highlighters along the cheekbone.

I was really torn between the Terracotta Bronzing Powder in 00 and the 4 Seasons Bronzer in Natural Blondes. Because I wanted something very natural, I went with the regular bronzing powder in 00. The Natural Blondes was nice but not markedly different from what I already have. I think I might like the 4 Seasons in Nude, but I'd have to check that out the next time I'm at a counter that carries the full-line. I like the combination of pink and bronzer; if I wear the one I just bought a lot then I'll try out Nude for the winter months since it would be even more subtle.

These are gorgeous - love the finely milled texture.
wavey.gif
Hi there Audrey. It was the sparkle in the Terracotta Light Sheers that caught my attention because they looked like highlighters to me. That's exactly how I would

use it. But guess what? I need another highlighter like a need another hole in my head.
girlhaha.gif
I'm glad you found a bronzer that works for you----awesome!

Audrey C

wavey.gif
Hi there Audrey. It was the sparkle in the Terracotta Light Sheers that caught my attention because they looked like highlighters to me. That's exactly how I would

use it. But guess what? I need another highlighter like a need another hole in my head.
girlhaha.gif
I'm glad you found a bronzer that works for you----awesome!
Thanks. I just went out to check out the 4 Seasons bronzers but I Nude is too light (barely shows) and Natural Blonde is ok but I didn't like it better than the Terracotta 00 that I already bought.

That's ok; I'll wait for the next gorgeous LE version. I couldn't be happier with Sun Celebration.

Starlight77

i'm so getting Geraldine soon. i have to return something at saks so i'm just going to swap it out.

@Audrey C those are the same 2 i was deciding between but online it's hard to tell. i didn't even see your post until now. which swatched more like the sun celebration? are they same formula? thanks.

Audrey C

i'm so getting Geraldine soon. i have to return something at saks so i'm just going to swap it out.

@Audrey C those are the same 2 i was deciding between but online it's hard to tell. i didn't even see your post until now. which swatched more like the sun celebration? are they same formula? thanks.
I didn't actually swatch them and try to find the one that was closest (although I can do that the next time I'm at Shoppers for you). I picked the one that I thought looked the best on me.

I have to say that I'm sitting here looking fine in Terracotta 00 (supposedly for cool-toned skin but I prefer a red/pink undertone and not a golden one in my highlighters), Pink Tea blush and Bobbi Brown Antigua Illuminating Bronzer over both.
pretty.gif
(I've worn the BB enough for 'Be Pretty' to be getting hard to read).

Starlight77

I didn't actually swatch them and try to find the one that was closest (although I can do that the next time I'm at Shoppers for you). I picked the one that I thought looked the best on me.

I have to say that I'm sitting here looking fine in Terracotta 00 (supposedly for cool-toned skin but I prefer a red/pink undertone and not a golden one in my highlighters), Pink Tea blush and Bobbi Brown Antigua Illuminating Bronzer over both.
pretty.gif
(I've worn the BB enough for 'Be Pretty' to be getting hard to read).
woohoo go you!

i am cool toned so quite possibly the terracotta will look better for me. you don't have to go through the trouble of swatching I just thought you may have noticed if they were similar or not. i don't know if my saks carries them in store or not. i never go near guerlain. i try and walk straight to where i need to go and run out as fast as possible LOL if my saks doesn' have them i may just order both and try them on me. i hate hate hate returning makeup but I also don't want to get stuck with a $75 bronzer i can't use. i'm in no rush. haven't dented my SC yet LOL

Dominique33

I have a plum fromm Chanel, and love it.. I use it on lower lashes mostly though. It brings out the colour of my eyes.
Le Volume in Prune is gorgeous, yes indeed Her Greyness it brings out the colours of the eyes, I used to have the Benefit one in Plum too ( Bad Gal ), but now I only use the Chanel one in Prune. Le Volume
eyelove.gif
such a good mascara !

Audrey C

woohoo go you!

i am cool toned so quite possibly the terracotta will look better for me. you don't have to go through the trouble of swatching I just thought you may have noticed if they were similar or not. i don't know if my saks carries them in store or not. i never go near guerlain. i try and walk straight to where i need to go and run out as fast as possible LOL if my saks doesn' have them i may just order both and try them on me. i hate hate hate returning makeup but I also don't want to get stuck with a $75 bronzer i can't use. i'm in no rush. haven't dented my SC yet LOL
The Terracotta bronzers are cheaper ($58 Canadian, but I paid $48). If you find your perfect shade, you may be happier with the Terracotta than the 4 Seasons. That's how I felt; I'd rather have the entire pan be just the right colour than have 1/4 or 1/2 that I'm just ok with. I was looking for a bronzer that didn't have the blush built in, because we both know that I'll likely buy an unbecoming number of Guerlain special edition bronzer/blush combos from now on anyway.

Just a bronzer, please. A perfect basic bronzer. I can add colour and/or glow from one of my more than ample stash of products.

Medgal07

Thanks. I just went out to check out the 4 Seasons bronzers but I Nude is too light (barely shows) and Natural Blonde is ok but I didn't like it better than the Terracotta 00 that I already bought.

That's ok; I'll wait for the next gorgeous LE version. I couldn't be happier with Sun Celebration.
friends.gif
I'm right there with on this one Audrey!