Guerlain discussion

elegant-one

I have no idea what you guys are talking about right now but I had to jump in real quick and post. I'm WAY late on the Guerlain train here. I just avoided the brand as much as possible with that price tag then got sucked in by a counter woman while browsing at Nordstrom tonight. She bronzed my face with the Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer and I cannot believe my face is my face.

So... I guess I'm skipping both of the AA bronzers I had on my list??????
Which shade did she use on you? Aren't there 4 different compacts?

Thats very soft & pretty

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have no idea what you guys are talking about right now but I had to jump in real quick and post. I'm WAY late on the Guerlain train here. I just avoided the brand as much as possible with that price tag then got sucked in by a counter woman while browsing at Nordstrom tonight. She bronzed my face with the Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer and I cannot believe my face is my face.

So... I guess I'm skipping both of the AA bronzers I had on my list??????
Looks amazing, although I have to admit, the first thing I noticed was your gorgeous hair. So bombshell.

Jaymuhlee

Which shade did she use on you? Aren't there 4 different compacts? Thats very soft & pretty
Yes, I totally forgot to mention it! She used 03 Naturel Brunettes. Does it suit me? I'm so new to bronzer I couldn't tell if the tone was right but I loved the finish of it SO much.
Looks amazing, although I have to admit, the first thing I noticed was your gorgeous hair. So bombshell.
Thank you! It's usually a wavy mess!

katred

Specktra Bestie
You know you are an addict when... I've been searching "guerlain fall 2014" this week. Still nothing, but I keep checking.

MACina

You know you are an addict when... I've been searching "guerlain fall 2014" this week. Still nothing, but I keep checking.

sigh.gif
....so excited for the fall collections too!

Yazmin

I missed out on the booby fun! I blame it on work! I love my 4 Seasons Bronzer. It was the obvious choice when deciding what to bring on my trip.

Jaymuhlee

It looks really good on you! I only have 3 bronzers - 2 Chanel & 1 MAC. I've never done a lot of bronzers
Thank you! I actually only have one from NYX which is the most red/orange thing I've seen in my life, and one from Sleek MakeUP that came in a little highlight/blush/bronzer palette which is much cooler toned but not very long lasting. So, I think I just might pick that guy up!

Speaking of... I went to Sephora tonight to check it out again and the store didn't carry them. They only had the regular Terracotta and Terracotta Light Sheer powders. I asked an AS about it and she said they're actually phasing Guerlain out. I was shocked! Has anyone else heard this? Sorry if it's already been brought up! (Also sorry for the redundancy -- cross-posted this in the Sephora thread)

novocainedreams

Thank you! I actually only have one from NYX which is the most red/orange thing I've seen in my life, and one from Sleek MakeUP that came in a little highlight/blush/bronzer palette which is much cooler toned but not very long lasting. So, I think I just might pick that guy up!

Speaking of... I went to Sephora tonight to check it out again and the store didn't carry them. They only had the regular Terracotta and Terracotta Light Sheer powders. I asked an AS about it and she said they're actually phasing Guerlain out. I was shocked! Has anyone else heard this? Sorry if it's already been brought up! (Also sorry for the redundancy -- cross-posted this in the Sephora thread)
Hmm I am wondering if she just meant their store, as stores often move stuff that doesn't sell in order to put a new brand in, not many standing stores near me actually have a Guerlain section. I can't see Sephora phasing out Guerlain completely? But you never know I guess!

MakeupAddict22

Thank you! I actually only have one from NYX which is the most red/orange thing I've seen in my life, and one from Sleek MakeUP that came in a little highlight/blush/bronzer palette which is much cooler toned but not very long lasting. So, I think I just might pick that guy up! Speaking of... I went to Sephora tonight to check it out again and the store didn't carry them. They only had the regular Terracotta and Terracotta Light Sheer powders. I asked an AS about it and she said they're actually phasing Guerlain out. I was shocked! Has anyone else heard this? Sorry if it's already been brought up! (Also sorry for the redundancy -- cross-posted this in the Sephora thread)
omg I hope that's not true! I just started getting into the brand!

Anitacska

Just ordered 3 of the new Rouge G's (Gladys, Geneva and Geraldine) with 10% off! Yay!
yahoo.gif
I've already swatched them in store, but wanted to order them when there was a promotion going. Can't wait to get them.

Anitacska

On that note, does anyone know if Rose Grenat is exclusive to a store or something as we don't seem to have that in the UK? Such a shame, I really want it.

Dominique33

On that note, does anyone know if Rose Grenat is exclusive to a store or something as we don't seem to have that in the UK? Such a shame, I really want it.
Rose Grenat is sold out here ( or if there are some left ( ? ) I didn't find any yet ), this one sells like hot bread.

Anitacska

Rose Grenat is sold out here ( or if there are some left ( ? ) I didn't find any yet ), this one sells like hot bread.
Sorry to hear that. I think it might have been a Selfridges exclusive, the other (very light pink) colour is still in stock there. Hohum.

pnfpn

I am in the mindset that they haven't added the pink one on yet. I've been stalking Harrods and Selfridges online for weeks after Escentual told me someone else got the exclusive on that. I haven't seen it once.

Anitacska

Thank you! Just goes to show how OFF Temptalia swatches are too lol.

I am in the mindset that they haven't added the pink one on yet. I've been stalking Harrods and Selfridges online for weeks after Escentual told me someone else got the exclusive on that. I haven't seen it once.
Oh, okay, thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

Dominique33

Sorry to hear that. I think it might have been a Selfridges exclusive, the other (very light pink) colour is still in stock there. Hohum.
I purchased 4, no back up ( of Rose Grenat ) but I should have done it. Have you checked out at other stores ? I hope you'll find them, esp. Rose Grenat !

Haven

I purchased the celebration compact the other day. Now I need to get the nerve to use it. It is too pretty to look at.