Guerlain discussion

elegant-one

icon_eek.gif
RED CHERUB METEORITES
thud.gif
th_happy1.gif
I don't even need to see what they look like in a swatch...I just WANT them.
bigheart.gif

NaomiH

Orgueil is so pretty!!!! Seems to take a bit to dry down, but it was opaque in one swipe and is just so beautiful. The Ruby powder adds such a light pretty sparkle. :heart:

Medgal07

Orgueil is so pretty!!!! Seems to take a bit to dry down, but it was opaque in one swipe and is just so beautiful. The Ruby powder adds such a light pretty sparkle.
heart.gif
How do you feel about the formula? Is it as liquid as OCC lip tars??? I'm not fond of those at all!

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF] How do you feel about the formula?  Is it as liquid as OCC lip tars???  I'm not fond of those at all![/COLOR]
It's nice, a bit tacky like laurennnxox said, but not annoyingly so and no matter how many times you press your lips together it doesn't seem to go into lip lines or make those weird lines like a gloss would. It's definitely not that thin consistency like the lip tars since it's pretty thick and smooths onto the lips like butter. I'm going to wear it all day tomorrow when I do my face and see how it fares. The colour is gorgeous

Medgal07

It's nice, a bit tacky like laurennnxox said, but not annoyingly so and no matter how many times you press your lips together it doesn't seem to go into lip lines or make those weird lines like a gloss would. It's definitely not that thin consistency like the lip tars since it's pretty thick and smooths onto the lips like butter. I'm going to wear it all day tomorrow when I do my face and see how it fares. The colour is gorgeous
Maybe there will be one in my future yet---just to check them out. You're right---I looked at the color and man is it stunning!!!!
eyelove.gif

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF] Maybe there will be one in my future yet---just to check them out.  You're right---I looked at the color and man is it stunning!!!!:eyelove: [/COLOR]
Id recommend them! I wore it a few hours last night and it wasn't drying, seemed a bit hydrating and lasted pretty well through several drinks and flauta eating. My only very small gripe so far is it's not transfer proof, but it's not anything that is ever a deciding factor to me so it really isn't even a real gripe. Lol

SubwayDreaming

I believe they're coming out with the spring collection. And there's a new foundation called Meteorites Baby Glow. It's probably more like a tinted moisturizer. [/quote Thanks for the info! I really don't like the look of the blush meteorites packaging (looks cheap to me) but I won't judge until I see it in person.

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF] How do you feel about the formula?  Is it as liquid as OCC lip tars???  I'm not fond of those at all![/COLOR]
I like it much more than OCC! Definitely not as thin and watery. Takes a bit to dry down. I wore Orgueil to a halloween party last night, ate some finger foods and drank through out the night and it lasted like a champ! :) Definitely worth it to me.

sarabeautime

I would like to write here since I am a little disappointed with my Guerlain G Rouge Parade purchase.

It was very hard to find it in Germany, it didn't appear online and it was sold out the first day it arrived at my counter.
Then I have seen at another counter, there was only one and no tester. I remember from T's post that it was supposed to be a "cool toned red" which is close to Tom Ford Vampire's Kiss, so I purchased it without trying (no tester, only other choice would be not purchasing it)

Fast forward to yesterday, I tried it out and it is very warm, like much warmer than all my other reds, Chanel Pirate, Armani #400, Chanel Passion. Tom Ford's Vampire Kiss is like pink next to it! It is almost as orange as Chanel Coromandel!

angry.gif

Good think about it, (let's look at the bright side) I don't have any other shade like it in my collection, well it is because I don' like warm reds, but yes, so lessons learned.
Always try before buy and (I would never think I would say that but) don't thrust bloggers
blink.gif

Medgal07

I like it much more than OCC! Definitely not as thin and watery. Takes a bit to dry down. I wore Orgueil to a halloween party last night, ate some finger foods and drank through out the night and it lasted like a champ!
smiles.gif
Definitely worth it to me.
Thanks. I think I need to check them out!!!!

Medgal07

I would like to write here since I am a little disappointed with my Guerlain G Rouge Parade purchase.

It was very hard to find it in Germany, it didn't appear online and it was sold out the first day it arrived at my counter.
Then I have seen at another counter, there was only one and no tester. I remember from T's post that it was supposed to be a "cool toned red" which is close to Tom Ford Vampire's Kiss, so I purchased it without trying (no tester, only other choice would be not purchasing it)

Fast forward to yesterday, I tried it out and it is very warm, like much warmer than all my other reds, Chanel Pirate, Armani #400, Chanel Passion. Tom Ford's Vampire Kiss is like pink next to it! It is almost as orange as Chanel Coromandel!

angry.gif

Good think about it, (let's look at the bright side) I don't have any other shade like it in my collection, well it is because I don' like warm reds, but yes, so lessons learned.
Always try before buy and (I would never think I would say that but) don't thrust bloggers
blink.gif
Oh that's too bad SB!!! It 's as warm as hell! Which is why I love it. I was surprised when I read that 'cool-toned red' line too because it so is NOT. I love it!!

sarabeautime

Oh that's too bad SB!!! It 's as warm as hell! Which is why I love it. I was surprised when I read that 'cool-toned red' line too because it so is NOT. I love it!!
blink.gif
I know, I had seen a few more swatches and I was like "this one is not for me!" then I have read it is almost a dupe to Tom Ford Vampire Kiss, which I love so much and I decided to get it.

I am glad you are loving it though. I will try to make it work, maybe combining it with warmer make-up or something...

Medgal07

blink.gif
I know, I had seen a few more swatches and I was like "this one is not for me!" then I have read it is almost a dupe to Tom Ford Vampire Kiss, which I love so much and I decided to get it.

I am glad you are loving it though. I will try to make it work, maybe combining it with warmer make-up or something...
I just swatched the two side/side and Vampire Kiss is much more opaque w/ less orange in it than Rouge Parade------but that's my skin tone and w/artificial lighting.
Ugh---don't you just hate having to "make things work" at these price points?

Latest posts