Guerlain discussion

NaomiH

wavey.gif
Good day (I hope), my fellow Guerlain lovers. I got my first Rouge G De Guerlain L'Extrait in Luxure. It's a gorgeous deep red. I can tell you that now

but I couldn't two days ago because I couldn't open it (ok you need to stop laughing now sis--EO). The packaging looks like the RGs but NOOOOOOOOOOOO
they had to challenge me. And Miss Naomi, you have one of these don't you? Why didn't you warn Meddy? You know I'm package challenged. It sat on my vanity for
2-days and then I pounced last night, like a lioness awaiting her prey. A couple of tugs and a twist---to get to that ruby deliciousness. Stay tuned. I'll get around to wearing it
soon---if I can open it again.
girlhaha.gif
Good day, Meddy! I'm sorry! I didn't even think about mentioning it! I had a hard time getting it opened at first too when I first got it despite the little label on it telling you what to do. I just couldn't get the top off and then all of a sudden something I did worked.
ohboy.gif
I still have to do it like twice to get it closed properly.
girlhaha.gif

I can't wait to hear what you think of it once you're able to wear it.

Medgal07

Oh...and here's the little beauty. I was able to open it again. Tried it on and OMG. What a formula! The product glides on smoothly, it's opaque in a single swipe and the pigmentation is insane!!!
It dried to a gorgeous deep red that looks more like a stain than a traditional lipstick. Now to test it's longevity.......

NaomiH

Oh...and here's the little beauty. I was able to open it again. Tried it on and OMG. What a formula! The product glides on smoothly, it's opaque in a single swipe and the pigmentation is insane!!!
It dried to a gorgeous deep red that looks more like a stain than a traditional lipstick. Now to test it's longevity.......
eyelove.gif
so glad you were able to get it opened again! I get pretty good wear out of Orgueil so I'm thinking Luxure will probably be about the same or better. I wore Orgueil to Macaroni Grill last weekend and it held up well through my two glasses of wine and my meal. :)

Medgal07

Good day, Meddy! I'm sorry! I didn't even think about mentioning it! I had a hard time getting it opened at first too when I first got it despite the little label on it telling you what to do. I just couldn't get the top off and then all of a sudden something I did worked.
ohboy.gif
I still have to do it like twice to get it closed properly.
girlhaha.gif

I can't wait to hear what you think of it once you're able to wear it.
Yes!!!!! Make sure you tell Elegant because she's still busting my chops because I couldn't get my balls open. I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
And that stupid little instruction label---like who could even see that. I had a hard time seeing it---even with my glasses on!!! I had troubled
closing it too. It certainly isn't for the faint of heart!!!

Medgal07

eyelove.gif
so glad you were able to get it opened again! I get pretty good wear out of Orgueil so I'm thinking Luxure will probably be about the same or better. I wore Orgueil to Macaroni Grill last weekend and it held up well through my two glasses of wine and my meal. :)
I was stunned--in a good way about the opacity---and in a single swipe. It's gorgeous. Lets see how it holds up to my mega cup of tea and protein bar!!!
girlhaha.gif

NaomiH

Yes!!!!! Make sure you tell Elegant because she's still busting my chops because I couldn't get my balls open. I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
And that stupid little instruction label---like who could even see that. I had a hard time seeing it---even with my glasses on!!! I had troubled
closing it too. It certainly isn't for the faint of heart!!!
Oh I'll tell her! I don't know why they had to make it so tricky to open, something about the little tab that holds the mirror down just makes it way trickier than it needs to be to get off and on. I was getting so frustrated with it when I got it that I called it a few bad names and then a few more when I couldn't get it closed again.
lol.gif

NaomiH

I was stunned--in a good way about the opacity---and in a single swipe. It's gorgeous. Lets see how it holds up to my mega cup of tea and protein bar!!!
girlhaha.gif
I was too! The way it just glided on so effortlessly and beautifully made my eyes get all wide like a kid on Christmas.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Oh I'll tell her! I don't know why they had to make it so tricky to open, something about the little tab that holds the mirror down just makes it way trickier than it needs to be to get off and on. I was getting so frustrated with it when I got it that I called it a few bad names and then a few more when I couldn't get it closed again.
lol.gif
girlhaha.gif
I didn't call it any bad names but I did put it down and turn my back to it---you know---a healthy snub!!! That is if snubbing a lipstick vessel can be considered healthy.
You really do have to tug---yes, tug at the top the first time and then twist after the oval thingy is disengaged. Like twist as soon as it clears the housing. What we do for
access to a single lip product!!!

Medgal07

I was too! The way it just glided on so effortlessly and beautifully made my eyes got all wide like a kid on Christmas.
girlhaha.gif
Yes---it's pretty amazing---I don't even mind the slight stickiness after it dries. It's not sticky like the stickiest gloss you've ever used. It's very slight.
I think I might need another one of these!!!

girlhaha.gif

NaomiH

girlhaha.gif
I didn't call it any bad names but I did put it down and turn my back to it---you know---a healthy snub!!! That is if snubbing a lipstick vessel can be considered healthy.
You really do have to tug---yes, tug at the top the first time and then twist after the oval thingy is disengaged. Like twist as soon as it clears the housing. What we do for
access to a single lip product!!!
Sounds like perfectly healthy behavior to me!
girlhaha.gif

I'm so glad I found Specktra, who else could you talk about lipstick packaging struggles with without being labeled a weirdo?

NaomiH

Yes---it's pretty amazing---I don't even mind the slight stickiness after it dries. It's not sticky like the stickiest gloss you've ever used. It's very slight.
I think I might need another one of these!!!

girlhaha.gif
I didn't mind the stickiness either and I think it's because the formula is so wonderful and it isn't that creepy hair grabbing stickiness like a gloss. I have Luxure, Gourmandise,Colere and Envie on my Loves list.

Medgal07

I didn't mind the stickiness either and I think it's because the formula is so wonderful and it isn't that creepy hair grabbing stickiness like a gloss. I have Luxure, Gourmandise,Colere and Envie on my Loves list.
Exactly...I hate hair grabbing glosses!!
Well hell Naomi---that's almost all of them!!
lmao.gif
I think I'd live Avarice, Colere & Gourmandise next.

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF] It's so pretty!!!  You know the more you open it the easier it gets.[/COLOR]  :lol:  [COLOR=0000FF]​Can you tell what I've been doing this afternoon???[/COLOR]
Practicing? :lol: I should probably practice closing mine. Lol