Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
    :crybaby:   [COLOR=0000FF]sniff, sniff....Katred I'm crying into my asparagus soup.  Greta got away from me. [/COLOR] :crybaby:   [COLOR=0000FF]sniff, sniff.  It won't happen again.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]I signed up for restock E-mail notification [/COLOR] :crybaby:   [COLOR=0000FF]sniff, sniff.[/COLOR]
Oh no! Sympathy and hugs!!!! But don't worry, she'll be back. That's the nice thing about these lipsticks. Tomorrow is another day

Medgal07

But don't worry, she'll be back. That's the nice thing about these lipsticks. Tomorrow is another day
Thank you
crybaby.gif
sniff, sniff. Your words are very comforting
crybaby.gif
sniff, sniff.

Miss QQ

The formula is definitely like no other!!! I had one in my cart but it sold out before I could purchase it. I'll get it when it restocks though. Rouge Parade blew me away.
I like the color better than Rose Grenat from last year's holiday collection.

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

Agreed. As pricey as they are, I can't resist them. Just beautiful.
I love the Rouge G formula too. It is one of the few lipsticks that I can wear without balm or gloss and my lips do not feel dry, but moisturised and I feel as though I'm not wearing anything, no tacky or waxy feeling. My lips like Guerlain lipsticks most, the kisskiss lipsticks feel good on me too, but I haven't try Rouge Automatique. My only complain is that the scent isn't my favourite, I prefer lipsticks with rose scent, like Chanel, YSL Rouge Pur Couture. Thankfully they aren't those I strongly dislike, which are the very fruity sweet scents. I almost forget, the Rouge G is very heavy, not the best for me who likes to carry 2 colours with me. The Rouge d'Armani formula is great on my lips too, and they aren't scented. Guerlain is still no. 1 though, just that they are so pricey.

Medgal07

I love the Rouge G formula too. It is one of the few lipsticks that I can wear without balm or gloss and my lips do not feel dry, but moisturised and I feel as though I'm not wearing anything, no tacky or waxy feeling. My lips like Guerlain lipsticks most, the kisskiss lipsticks feel good on me too, but I haven't try Rouge Automatique. My only complain is that the scent isn't my favourite, I prefer lipsticks with rose scent, like Chanel, YSL Rouge Pur Couture. Thankfully they aren't those I strongly dislike, which are the very fruity sweet scents. I almost forget, the Rouge G is very heavy, not the best for me who likes to carry 2 colours with me. The Rouge d'Armani formula is great on my lips too, and they aren't scented. Guerlain is still no. 1 though, just that they are so pricey.
It has quickly become my favorite too. I have yet to try the Kisskiss line though.

Kaidan

The Rouge G formula is pure excellence. It's creamy, pigmented (unless it's the obvious sheer ones) and hydrating, the latter being a huge plus for me. Speaking of Rouge Gs, the Guerlain counter at Sears in my country has Madame Batifole, Madame Flirte, Madame Reve, Gigolo, and Provocative from last year's holiday collection. Gigolo is a little out of my comfort zone, but it's a great and intense berry shade. I didn't like any of the Madames. :( They're a little too grown up for me, but they are nice though. Provocative on the other hand is awesome and is my type of color. :) I did a comparison with Madame Batifole and Provocative because they were mentioned to be similar colors, but I have to disagree with that. Despite being in the same color family, Provocative is brighter while Madame Batifole is more deep and a much more mature version of Provocative. I might break bank one day and go for either Provocative or Geraldine since I've been hesitant to buy a Rouge G due to the price. Anyways, I finally have the Attrape-Coeur eyeshadow quad. :D I also got a free metallic taupe-ish bag with samples and a full terracotta lipgloss. I haven't tried the lipgloss but all I know is that it's shade #01 and it's a nude. I got a makeover from the lady, but she overdid the makeup and I ended up looking like a new age version of a glam rocker (Gigolo was a part of that makeover) or a kid who played with too much of her mom's makeup on the drawer. I had to remove most of it half an hour later because it was too much for me and I work at night in a very conservative restaurant in which makeup must be minimum and natural looking. :/ I still haven't bought any meteorites perles because I'm too busy with finals but once I finish with that, I'll go for the holiday and crazy perles because those two are long overdue to be with me.

Medgal07

The Rouge G formula is pure excellence. It's creamy, pigmented (unless it's the obvious sheer ones) and hydrating, the latter being a huge plus for me. Speaking of Rouge Gs, the Guerlain counter at Sears in my country has Madame Batifole, Madame Flirte, Madame Reve, Gigolo, and Provocative from last year's holiday collection. Gigolo is a little out of my comfort zone, but it's a great and intense berry shade. I didn't like any of the Madames.
ssad.gif
They're a little too grown up for me, but they are nice though. Provocative on the other hand is awesome and is my type of color.
smiles.gif
I did a comparison with Madame Batifole and Provocative because they were mentioned to be similar colors, but I have to disagree with that. Despite being in the same color family, Provocative is brighter while Madame Batifole is more deep and a much more mature version of Provocative. I might break bank one day and go for either Provocative or Geraldine since I've been hesitant to buy a Rouge G due to the price. Anyways, I finally have the Attrape-Coeur eyeshadow quad.
greengrin.gif
I also got a free metallic taupe-ish bag with samples and a full terracotta lipgloss. I haven't tried the lipgloss but all I know is that it's shade #01 and it's a nude. I got a makeover from the lady, but she overdid the makeup and I ended up looking like a new age version of a glam rocker (Gigolo was a part of that makeover) or a kid who played with too much of her mom's makeup on the drawer. I had to remove most of it half an hour later because it was too much for me and I work at night in a very conservative restaurant in which makeup must be minimum and natural looking. :/ I still haven't bought any meteorites perles because I'm too busy with finals but once I finish with that, I'll go for the holiday and crazy perles because those two are long overdue to be with me.
iagree.gif
I've had Geraldine for a while now-----it fast because my absolute favorite pink lipstick. I got a kick out of reading about your makeover
girlhaha.gif

I'm loving the météorites perles...I went from one to 6 different ones in a VERY short time. My favs are the Blanc 00 an the holiday Perlesd’Etoiles.
There's a thread for perle lovers:
http://www.specktra.net/t/190016/worship-the-balls-a-thread-for-guerlain-meteorites-and-the-women-who-love-them/1410#post_2844854

beautyjunkie12

The formula is definitely like no other!!! I had one in my cart but it sold out before I could purchase it. I'll get it when it restocks though. Rouge Parade blew me away.
I like the color better than Rose Grenat from last year's holiday collection.
While everyone goes crazy for coco puffs (Tom Ford) I've been quietly shopping for more G's to further add to my collection. The brand is definitely underrated when it comes to lippies and I couldn't agree with you more about Rose Grenat. Parade knocked that one out the park.

Medgal07

While everyone goes crazy for coco puffs (Tom Ford) I've been quietly shopping for more G's to further add to my collection. The brand is definitely underrated when it comes to lippies and I couldn't agree with you more about Rose Grenat. Parade knocked that one out the park.
Which have you recently added to your collection? My most recent Rouge G was Gipsy, and I purchased two of the Rouge G De Guerlain L'Extraits in Luxure & Orgueil. They are unbelievable lip & gloss combos that are so incredibly pigmented and non-sticky. I was in the wind and rain wearing Luxure and my hair didn't get stuck in the product, It dries to a nice matte and it held up really well I'm enamored by them.

I haven't yet tried the KissKiss lippies, so I just added one to my shopping cart. This isn't going to end well
girlhaha.gif

Dominique33

[COLOR=0000FF] Which have you recently added to your collection?  My most recent Rouge G was Gipsy, and I purchased two of the Rouge G De Guerlain L'Extraits in Luxure & Orgueil.  They are unbelievable [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]lip & [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]gloss combos that are so incredibly pigmented and non-sticky.  I was in the wind and rain wearing Luxure and my hair didn't get stuck in the product, It dries to a nice matte and it held up really well  I'm enamored by them.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]I haven't yet tried the KissKiss lippies, so I just added one to my shopping cart.  This isn't going to end well:haha: [/COLOR] 
Hello Yes the Extrait is awesome I totally agree It is not sticky and It wears long. Luxure ( lol ) is a gorgeous Red It suits you well for sure, and the formula is incredibly easy to remove IMO. Stunning lipstick, semi liquid in fact. Love It too I hope you are wellWhen I read Rain and Wind, It is the same here but December brings us Christmas soon

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF] Which have you recently added to your collection?  My most recent Rouge G was Gipsy, and I purchased two of the Rouge G De Guerlain L'Extraits in Luxure & Orgueil.  They are unbelievable [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]lip & [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]gloss combos that are so incredibly pigmented and non-sticky.  I was in the wind and rain wearing Luxure and my hair didn't get stuck in the product, It dries to a nice matte and it held up really well  I'm enamored by them.[/COLOR]
I LOOOOVE Orgueil. It is my favorite Guerlain product, if not one of my favorite lipsticks over all. It's a beautiful red on me, and lasts me all night! Which is a must for me because, shoot, Guerlain lippie packaging is *not* small clutch compatible. Haha.

Medgal07

And trying a Kiss Kiss is a good idea ! Pretty lippies and formula even though not very pigmented .
wavey.gif
Hello Dear Friend!!!! It's so nice to see you here. Is the lack of pigmentation due to their sheerness??? I'm reluctant now if they're too sheer.

Medgal07

I LOOOOVE Orgueil. It is my favorite Guerlain product, if not one of my favorite lipsticks over all. It's a beautiful red on me, and lasts me all night! Which is a must for me because, shoot, Guerlain lippie packaging is *not* small clutch compatible. Haha.
Orgueil appeared darker than Luxure in the online photos, which I know are not reliable for a number of reasons, but it appeared different enough for me to have both.
At any rate, I can't wait for it to arrive!!!

Medgal07

I would say the KissKiss are everyday lippies, they are quite moisturizing but pigmentation is really average. But they wear quite long and wearable on any occasion. Well you can splurge lol but try a vibrant colour first . Very nice formula but poor pigmentation compared to the gorgeous Rouges G.
I was considering Red Hot, 328. Perhaps I should just go for another Rouge G
icon_eek.gif

Monsy

thankfully there are women who actually like not so much pigment

I have only tried one of the kiss kiss lipsticks and that one had very good pigment , far far from sheer

Latest posts