Guerlain discussion

elegant-one

The new powder is textured! The tester I was playing with was quite stiff, unlike the $$$ powder. Previous pressed Meteorites were flat; this has those actual bubbles. Not sure that I liked it. It yielded a white-looking powder, not overly glittery.

Ugh, I am a dummy!!!! I forgot to swatch it today :banghead: I swatched the blush, then the lipsticks & then ...she brings me that Rose Glace Rouge G lipstick!!!!! so I was really distracted. That & the SA yap so much I can't concentrate lol!

The blush was a soft pretty coral - nothing too special but I still liked it. Both of the lipsticks are very pretty. Rose Glace is a very sheer light pink with gorgeous light shimmer & a translucent glow like you see in a bubble. I can't wait to get mine.

I swatched so much stuff today that the top of my hand is red & raw.

Last edited:

elegant-one

I got the new face powder & blush today. The powder is nothing like the beloved $$$ powder. Its a very barely there with very light smoothing to the skin. Not really any color correcting, very very little soft focus. The blush is very very sheer, but it was very pretty on when I got it to show. I loved the red packaging.

JerseyGirl

I got the new face powder & blush today. The powder is nothing like the beloved $$$ powder. Its a very barely there with very light smoothing to the skin. Not really any color correcting, very very little soft focus. The blush is very very sheer, but it was very pretty on when I got it to show. I loved the red packaging.

Bummer this doesn't match up to the $$$ powder. ☹️
I think the new red packaging is cute- was the powder really difficult to apply? Is it too hard to pick up with a regular brush.

elegant-one

Bummer this doesn't match up to the $$$ powder. ☹️
I think the new red packaging is cute- was the powder really difficult to apply? Is it too hard to pick up with a regular brush.

I adore the red packaging in person! Which powder the blush or face? Neither was hard to pick up product, it's just that they are very sheer. I think a better brush would work better for the blush.

Yep, the face powder is not even close to my beloved $$$ powder. Nope! Enchante would have been much much better to have the refill for....dummies :)

JerseyGirl

I adore the red packaging in person! Which powder the blush or face? Neither was hard to pick up product, it's just that they are very sheer. I think a better brush would work better for the blush.

Yep, the face powder is not even close to my beloved $$$ powder. Nope! Enchante would have been much much better to have the refill for....dummies :)

I was wondering about the blush application...I have an old Guerlain blush that had sections of pink and peach color and certain colors were harder to pick up with the brush because they were more dense or packed and that color wouldn't transfer to the brush easily. That's the first blush that ever did that to me so now I'm wary.

Good to know this blush is just sheer and not hard to pick up, thanks. I love that $$$ powder. It's the closest to perfection I've come across so far!

elegant-one

I was wondering about the blush application...I have an old Guerlain blush that had sections of pink and peach color and certain colors were harder to pick up with the brush because they were more dense or packed and that color wouldn't transfer to the brush easily. That's the first blush that ever did that to me so now I'm wary.

Good to know this blush is just sheer and not hard to pick up, thanks. I love that $$$ powder. It's the closest to perfection I've come across so far!

Yep, so very very true - that $$$ powder is perfection. I can't imagine anything ever topping it.:five::cloud9:

starletta8

I just have a serious issue with the powder being bumpy.

mkoparanova

That's amazing, congrats! Wish we had sales like that here in the US!

Thank you, I still haven't tried it, so I hope I love it!

What!!!!!!!! How does that happen??? I would have HOARDED :icon_cheers:

Oh my gosh you too!!! LUCKY!

Of course you would :roflmao:

what ? How?
I still see the $$$ powder is available. ICE might make me get it.

All of the Guerlain LE items that haven't sold out during the year, are sold at 50% off after Christmas! Usually only the meteorites don't make it to the sale.

Say what??? Where from?

From Escentual but it's sold out now :(

Shars

All of the Guerlain LE items that haven't sold out during the year, are sold at 50% off after Christmas! Usually only the meteorites don't make it to the sale.

Thank you! I figured it was them but wasn't sure. Their sale last year was wayy better! I remember them having some permanent items for like half price as well!

mkoparanova

Thank you! I figured it was them but wasn't sure. Their sale last year was wayy better! I remember them having some permanent items for like half price as well!

I agree, I usually buy a lot of makeup from the sales and now I only got the $$$ powder and the purple NP.

Icecaramellatte

Good to know. I was thinking it was similar as it costs just as much. I may use my gift card from my brother to buy a back up. Still debating.

what ? How?
I still see the $$$ powder is available. ICE might make me get it.

Ack! Really? I'm truly loving it. So glad I gave it a try and another chance. Now to back up or not to back up? This would be one crazy expensive back up. I could buy 2 Tom Ford Quads for that money

Prettypackages

I'll have to look out for that.
Good to know. I was thinking it was similar as it costs just as much. I may use my gift card from my brother to buy a back up. Still debating.

Ack! Really? I'm truly loving it. So glad I gave it a try and another chance. Now to back up or not to back up? This would be one crazy expensive back up. I could buy 2 Tom Ford Quads for that money
LOL

Last edited:

Monsy

I think they are just adding more colors. Probably darker ones. They are not changing the formula

Latest posts