Guerlain discussion

JerseyGirl

I purchased the pink lingerie de peau foundation brush. It is soooo soft. I used it to apply foundation today it was very smooth. Is it worth $52, I'm not sure...but I had a Saks coupon so I took the plunge. i think it's the nicest of all the foundation brushes I have...paddles, skunk, Wayne goss, real techniques. I'm not sure how it will hold up to constant washing. I think the bristles are synthetic. It's worth checking out.

JerseyGirl

Sorry if I'm a little off topic here, but this seemed the most active thread on Guerlain.
I saw a bunch of the Kohl Me Navy eyeliner pencils on sale (for about $12) at a local store the other day, and after a little research I found out they are from the fall 2011 collection. They were all boxed up and sealed, there was just one tester out, which seemed really dry and tugged at my skin when I tried it. But that could be because it was opened years ago and didn't even have a cap on, and have dried out over time. So I was wondering, if any one of you might have this eyeliner pencil? I'm trying to find out if it's indeed very dry and hard to apply, or if it goes on smoother if stored properly?
Or just in general, what do you ladies think, is it worth buying a 5 year old eye pencil, or it just goes bad and dries out over time even if still boxed? The price is really friendly, but still, I'd rather not spend any money on it if I end up throwing it away right after the first attempt of using it.

I'm not familiar with any of the old eye pencils. The brand is fairly new to me. Is it possible to ask for the tester to be sharpened down a little? That may give you a better idea how soft the new pencils will be if you sharpen them if you buy them.

VAL4M

Sorry if I'm a little off topic here, but this seemed the most active thread on Guerlain.
I saw a bunch of the Kohl Me Navy eyeliner pencils on sale (for about $12) at a local store the other day, and after a little research I found out they are from the fall 2011 collection. They were all boxed up and sealed, there was just one tester out, which seemed really dry and tugged at my skin when I tried it. But that could be because it was opened years ago and didn't even have a cap on, and have dried out over time. So I was wondering, if any one of you might have this eyeliner pencil? I'm trying to find out if it's indeed very dry and hard to apply, or if it goes on smoother if stored properly?
Or just in general, what do you ladies think, is it worth buying a 5 year old eye pencil, or it just goes bad and dries out over time even if still boxed? The price is really friendly, but still, I'd rather not spend any money on it if I end up throwing it away right after the first attempt of using it.

I have 1 eyeliner from Guerlain and it was purchase a few years ago at a wharehouse sale, the eyeliner was from the divinora line (which was discontinued several years ago) and my eyeliner still going strong ( i'm trying to finish it) so I always use it on my water line and it is my favorite, it is not super creamy but the staying power is amazing and it doesn't smudge. So i think yours wasn't store properly, or it wasn't a "good" batch ...

elegant-one

I purchased the pink lingerie de peau foundation brush. It is soooo soft. I used it to apply foundation today it was very smooth. Is it worth $52, I'm not sure...but I had a Saks coupon so I took the plunge. i think it's the nicest of all the foundation brushes I have...paddles, skunk, Wayne goss, real techniques. I'm not sure how it will hold up to constant washing. I think the bristles are synthetic. It's worth checking out.

Thanks! I've been eyeing that brush. Is the handle & the brush pink?

Anitacska

Credit to the beautygeeks, obviously: http://imabeautygeek.com/2016/09/09/guerlain-holiday-2016-makeup-collection-photos/

I like the Rouge G a lot, and the pearls look amazing!

Thanks Anneri! Yeah, those two are on my must-have list too!

Also I'm so glad Natalia Vodianova is back in the campaign, I think she wasn't in it last year as she had yet another baby. She is my ultimate girl crush, and she's also a great ambassador for children in need in Russia. I think she's amazing! Sorry, got a bit carried away there, lol.

elegant-one

Yay! Glad you found it!! It is soft, and applies foundation nicely and comfortably. It is very cute.

:cloud9: I tried it at 2 different counters & they were so soft. You're right it does apply foundation very nicely. I had to try it right away when I got home. Is it permanent?

JerseyGirl

I took the plunge and blind bought the La Petite Robe Noir Intense in the blue bottle. I like it but I had a headache both days I wore it. It was horribly humid here, so I don't know if that caused the headache. I have to try it again. It is sweet, but I don't feel it's worse than the sugar bomb smelling stuff out there. All the sweetness is anchored by some patchouli which I don't smell on me until the very end, the next day. I can't stand patchouli, my skin hates it and amplifies it driving me to scrub it off. Some reviews say it smells nothing like the originals but I don't agree, this one reminds me of the other LPRN and flankers.