Guerlain discussion

JerseyGirl

And, since I have fragrance on my mind, I read that Guerlain is discontinuing a whole bunch of fragrances this year. One that I really like is the one called Idylle. I first smelled it at the boutique in FL (Disney of all places) and had to go back the next day to get it. It's not at any of my local counters. It's just a nice clean floral. I think I may need to hoard some bottles.

Monsy

I think it's only idylle parfum version? they discontinue about 10 fragrances every year but they also release 10 new ones

Monsy

I took the plunge and blind bought the La Petite Robe Noir Intense in the blue bottle. I like it but I had a headache both days I wore it. It was horribly humid here, so I don't know if that caused the headache. I have to try it again. It is sweet, but I don't feel it's worse than the sugar bomb smelling stuff out there. All the sweetness is anchored by some patchouli which I don't smell on me until the very end, the next day. I can't stand patchouli, my skin hates it and amplifies it driving me to scrub it off. Some reviews say it smells nothing like the originals but I don't agree, this one reminds me of the other LPRN and flankers.

Did you get it from the NM? I wonder if anyone else will carry it

JerseyGirl

I think it's only idylle parfum version? they discontinue about 10 fragrances every year but they also release 10 new ones

I'm not sure which version. I like the EdP, I've never seen the parfum anywhere. The EdT is not as nice in my opinion.

missjulie

I'm not familiar with any of the old eye pencils. The brand is fairly new to me. Is it possible to ask for the tester to be sharpened down a little? That may give you a better idea how soft the new pencils will be if you sharpen them if you buy them.

I did as you suggested, and asked them sharpen it. It swatched a little better, so I decided to go ahead and buy it. It's not the creamiest formula, but it's still nice. Plus it comes with a sharpener, so I think it was worth it. This is the first Guerlain product in my collection :)

HappyHippy

Finally some info about the holiday collection. I don't need it but 'blue is my favorite colour so I'm grabbing the balls and Rouge G for sure. Will ponder about the rest.

awickedshape

Very nice!!! How do you like it?

I haven't tried it yet
I'm hoping they apply well
Will try to use it soon!

ETA:

JerseyGirl, I used the two centre shades and the green today.

The gold and brown were a bit powdery and I applied a few layers to avoid patchiness. Over the course of the day it settled nicely but wore a bit in the crease over the middle of the eye.

The green gave a nice subtle effect in the crease. They were on the sheer side.

Last edited: