Guerlain discussion

Anitacska

Thank you so much for posting!! Your pics took my breath away! Wanted to dive right in. lol! So you got the brush as part of the discovery kit? I'm kind of tempted by the pink brush that's part of the collection. Does anyone have one of these Guerlain brushes -- what do you think? I did order the blush and the pearls from Nordstrom last night. Wanted to wait for NM or BG because their shipping is faster, but I have no impulse control.

Yes, the brush was part of the kit. It's a mini one and I haven't tried it yet, but I have several of the full size ones and I really like them. I know some people don't, but for me they work fine and are soft. I use mine every day.

Anitacska

Thank you for sharing! What's your opinion of the meteorites? The most recent holiday pearls were too gold and sparkly for me, and it looks like these also have a lot of the tiny gold balls.

They are quite sparkly. I haven't used them yet, just that quick swatch.

I 'm waiting the meteorites and the blush... what's your opinion of the blush?

It's cute. I haven't swatched it. It's a good amount (7.5 g) for the price imo.

I hope the balls are not disco balls too. Is that brush soft? Thanks for the pics!

Haven't tried anything other than the quick swatch I've posted.

elegant-one

Thank you so much for posting!! Your pics took my breath away! Wanted to dive right in. lol! So you got the brush as part of the discovery kit? I'm kind of tempted by the pink brush that's part of the collection. Does anyone have one of these Guerlain brushes -- what do you think? I did order the blush and the pearls from Nordstrom last night. Wanted to wait for NM or BG because their shipping is faster, but I have no impulse control.

:rofl:Just like the rest of us. I have that new pink handle brush & it's very nice & soft. It's the only one I own, but I'm also tempted to get this one as well.

MACGirl13

:rofl:Just like the rest of us. I have that new pink handle brush & it's very nice & soft. It's the only one I own, but I'm also tempted to get this one as well.

My Meteorites brush looks the same as the new one, but is is scratchy. I have only used it a couple of times, hopefully the newer version will be soft like the new foundation brush.

peanut

lol! Still...I'm still watching NM and BG just in case I can get them sooner. Saks has the meteorites now and will ship by the 8th, but that's all they have. Wonder where those lipsticks are.

Now you're tempting me about the brush (Repeat: I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need...). Glad to hear you like it! I'm such a pushover when it comes to packaging, and especially anything in pink! That ombre pink sure is nice!! It's in my cart, where i will let it sit for a day or two. lol!

peanut

Yes, the brush was part of the kit. It's a mini one and I haven't tried it yet, but I have several of the full size ones and I really like them. I know some people don't, but for me they work fine and are soft. I use mine every day.

Good to know!! Did it shed at all?

peanut

My Meteorites brush looks the same as the new one, but is is scratchy. I have only used it a couple of times, hopefully the newer version will be soft like the new foundation brush.

Oh dear! Well, believe it or not, we actually have a Guerlain counter where I live, but they get things so late. Maybe I'll wait to try the brush in person...when they finally get the collection many, many weeks down the road.

Anitacska

lol! Still...I'm still watching NM and BG just in case I can get them sooner. Saks has the meteorites now and will ship by the 8th, but that's all they have. Wonder where those lipsticks are.

Now you're tempting me about the brush (Repeat: I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need...). Glad to hear you like it! I'm such a pushover when it comes to packaging, and especially anything in pink! That ombre pink sure is nice!! It's in my cart, where i will let it sit for a day or two. lol!

I'm like that! The moment I saw the post by Escentual, I was on their website. Didn't even know about the 20% discount or the free set until I started the order, I was going to buy them anyway regardless, lol.

elegant-one

Ugh, they seriously need to step up their game with the scratchy brushes. Yes, the foundation brush is the nice one that I have.

elegant-one

:) I do the same thing...visit all the main shopping sites to see who has what before I order lol. It's the new foundation brush. I like it so much that I bought 2 of them. Hmmm....where are those lipsticks!!!?

Anitacska

Hey thank you so much! Hadn't seen them, just took a peak and am still looking for Anitacska's swatches, because I don't like those fingertip swatches. Just not a good representation of the actual colour imo!

Sorry Anneri, I've been having a lazy morning. This is the best I could do, is quite gloomy here again. This is two swipes. It seems nicely pigmented.

20170107_110045.jpg

Anneri

Sorry Anneri, I've been having a lazy morning. This is the best I could do, is quite gloomy here again. This is two swipes. It seems nicely pigmented.

View attachment 58086

Thank you soooooo much! It seems quite glittery? What do you think? The colour is definitely awesome, but those small glitter particles make me a bit uncertain whether I should get it.

Anitacska

Thank you soooooo much! It seems quite glittery? What do you think? The colour is definitely awesome, but those small glitter particles make me a bit uncertain whether I should get it.

Yes, it does have some fine glitter in it. But definitely not chunky glitter.

Anitacska

I put on the Meteorites and the blush and took a couple of pictures. It's pretty gloomy here, so not the best lighting, but even in the bright light in my bathroom I didn't see much sparkliness.

20170107_142548.jpg 20170107_142542.jpg

peanut

:) I do the same thing...visit all the main shopping sites to see who has what before I order lol. It's the new foundation brush. I like it so much that I bought 2 of them. Hmmm....where are those lipsticks!!!?

They're up now! I got the darker Blossom one.