Guerlain discussion

JerseyGirl

I have to share my frutration with NM. I ordered guerlain fragrance from them because I Had 100$ off promotion. Great deal. Now it arrived today and when i opened it it was super old version of it that has been discontinued, box was old and jacked up, had even some white tape on it with name written by hand with blue pencil ? (wtf) and juice already changed color. god knows how long this has been sitting on the store shelf (it was shipped from a store). I am so pissed. I will go to store to return it do you think they will give me hard time? it is freaking 260$ fragrance

I once had the wrong fragrance inside the box!! Someone re-wrapped a box and put a different (cheaper) fragrance inside... I called CS and they exchanged - no issuess. I was afraid they would think I scammed them.

Monsy

But does it smell good? because some people will kill to have a older Guerlain perfume from a old formulation! you might have a vintage Guerlain for the regular price! If the smell has turned then yes return it.

i checked the barcode it;s from January 2013

VAL4M

i do not know if it went bad compared to the new one
it has that old leaky atomizer

oh yes return it, my 2 bottle from the les Arts de la matiere collection has evaporate a little and the liquid has darken also but it still smell good and I have this bottle since a couple of years ... and 2013 is not really what we can call vintage LOL.

VAL4M

Holy Sh*t! If we had a dislike button, I would be slamming it! That is horrid.
I purchased a lot of discountinued parfume, having an older perfume is not necessary bad, Monsy problem is more that the juice has already change colour. I personally will be happy to have a Serge Lutens made prior 2010 as they are changing there reformulating and they do not smell like the original one. if the perfume is store well they can last years, only the top note disappear.

Last edited:

fur4elise

I purchased a lot of discountinued parfume, having an older perfume is not necessary bad, Monsy problem is more that the juice has already change colour. I personally will be happy to have a Serge Lutens made prior 2010 as they are changing there reformulating and they do not smell like the original one. if the perfume is store well they can last years, only the top note disappear.

:bowdown: Your knowledge of parfum astounds and amazes me. I wish you lived nearby just so I could go scent shopping with you! I am sure you could guide me to the perfect scent or two or three...:)

VAL4M

:bowdown: Your knowledge of parfum astounds and amazes me. I wish you lived nearby just so I could go scent shopping with you! I am sure you could guide me to the perfect scent or two or three...:)
If you want to learn more about perfume read the non-blonde she is fantastic and i learn a lot from her blog! Also kafkaesque that guy is so on point with his smell and description and really in the know about formulation and new restriction and all and then you test yourself i order more sample mostly from luckyscent now and try to see and smell what they are describing on their blog. I'm not always in tune with their opinion ( the non blonde yes, she is my perfume twin, kafkaesque less so he doesn't like gourmand perfume) but i can now put words on what i'm experiencing and decide base on it what i'm looking for in a perfume. Exemple i love white flower (tuberose, jasmine, lily in the valley) perfume but dislike yellow flowers (mimosa, narscisse) in a perfume etc that help your search for your perfect perfume:flowers::flowers:

JerseyGirl

If you want to learn more about perfume read the non-blonde she is fantastic and i learn a lot from her blog! Also kafkaesque that guy is so on point with his smell and description and really in the know about formulation and new restriction and all and then you test yourself i order more sample mostly from luckyscent now and try to see and smell what they are describing on their blog. I'm not always in tune with their opinion ( the non blonde yes, she is my perfume twin, kafkaesque less so he doesn't like gourmand perfume) but i can now put words on what i'm experiencing and decide base on it what i'm looking for in a perfume. Exemple i love white flower (tuberose, jasmine, lily in the valley) perfume but dislike yellow flowers (mimosa, narscisse) in a perfume etc that help your search for your perfect perfume:flowers::flowers:

Totally agree with all the above. In the end, you have to wear it on your skin and see how you like it. Some things smell great in some people and not so great on others.

JerseyGirl

fur4elise

[MENTION=79469]VAL4M[/MENTION] ~ So, I found a nice description of both of last year's LE Terracotta powder releases (Terra Magnifica & Pause D'ete) whose scent I absolutely love...I would bath in this stuff...lol

"The freesia and orange blossom notes create the sensation of a cocoon. They are blended into tonka bean and vanilla notes with sunny facets that embody the essence of Terracotta. A note of white musc add a velvet touch to this addictive fragrance."

Do any scents come to mind that may have a combination of these particular notes?

VAL4M

@VAL4M ~ So, I found a nice description of both of last year's LE Terracotta powder releases (Terra Magnifica & Pause D'ete) whose scent I absolutely love...I would bath in this stuff...lol

"The freesia and orange blossom notes create the sensation of a cocoon. They are blended into tonka bean and vanilla notes with sunny facets that embody the essence of Terracotta. A note of white musc add a velvet touch to this addictive fragrance."

Do any scents come to mind that may have a combination of these particular notes?
[h=1]Anything with Monoi on fragrantica a lot of people say it smell like Monoi Eau des Vahines Yves Rocher for women[/h]I have to say I smell it again last friday almost buy it, but I just was ok to me ... i'm not really into summer scent and I just realized it has ylang-ylang (which is a yellow flower) that i'm not fond of. But if you want to smell a really good Orange Blossom with vanilla try L'artisan Parfumeur l'Aube a Seville, I can do a little more research later.

fur4elise

Anything with Monoi on fragrantica a lot of people say it smell like Monoi Eau des Vahines Yves Rocher for women

I have to say I smell it again last friday almost buy it, but I just was ok to me ... i'm not really into summer scent and I just realized it has ylang-ylang (which is a yellow flower) that i'm not fond of. But if you want to smell a really good Orange Blossom with vanilla try L'artisan Parfumeur l'Aube a Seville, I can do a little more research later.

Thank you sweet lady! I will do some research too! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

VAL4M

Thank you sweet lady! I will do some research too! :flowers::flowers::flowers:
Try Songe from Annick Goutal, another perfume I almost buy but I preferred another one :eek: (story of every perfume shopping trip i've made LOL) less vanilla then Terracota if I remember right and maybe a tad more flowery but still gorgeous! Also really well blend, Annick Goutal perfume are so well made and delicate (even the oriantaliste who are more for men but still unisexe)
Songes Annick Goutal perfume - a fragrance for women 2005

VAL4M

Also, last friday I smell Mon Guerlain. I thought it was ok, less sweet then my exclusive (for me it is a plus!) You can smell the lavender and the jasmine and maybe 10-20 min afterward the guerlinade take center stage. If you cant commit to les Art de la matières Tonka Imperial and Cuir Beluga, I think Mon Guerlain is a good alternative for a fraction of the cost. It doesn't have the same depth and same complexity but not everyone is looking for it anyway. I'm glad they still made a ''grown up'' perfume without any cloud of cotton candy and that is it not a knock off of La vie est belle from Lancome and SI from Giorgio Armani. Still please do not blind buy Mon Guerlain, but then again that perfume should be at any good department store so you can easily find one to try.

Last edited:

Latest posts