Guerlain discussion

Dominique33

It's great ! Yes Kiko is really a good brand, enjoy your products glad you're pleased with Kiko. I don't think we have MUA here but I'll check it out. Terracotta looks pretty this year, and the summer collection is beautiful.

http://mirifiquebeauty.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/guerlain-terra-ora-collection-summer-makeup-2013/

Tu sum up :

thud.gif
Much more pretty than last year collection !

Kaidan

I'm late to the spring collection party, but today I finally got the écrin 4 couleurs in Coup de Foudre. :) It's my first eyeshadow palette from Guerlain and all of the colors are really beautiful, pigmented, and smooth. The Attrape Coeur palette is really pretty too and wasn't chalky at all, but I skipped it because I rarely use purple. I wanted to try out Rendez-Vous Shine Automatique lipstick, but someone stole the tester of that color from both JC Penny and Sears. -_-'' The other lipsticks were ok, but not my kind of colors. I did get Pamplelune Shine Automatique lipstick and I love it. I'll wait a bit more for the meteorites because while they are big, pretty, and leave a bit of a light soft shade of pink (at least on me it did), the cardboard is a bit of a deal breaker for me. The new mascara is good too.

smokeyrose

It seems like I was able to track down Perles du Dragon
eyelove.gif
, but I won't get my hopes up until the box arrives and I pull out the beautiful jar... I would like to ask if you lovely "ballz" collectors wear them all year round? Which brush do you use to apply them (I guess a fluffy powder brush), any favorites? Thanks!

Kaidan

It seems like I was able to track down Perles du Dragon
eyelove.gif
, but I won't get my hopes up until the box arrives and I pull out the beautiful jar... I would like to ask if you lovely "ballz" collectors wear them all year round? Which brush do you use to apply them (I guess a fluffy powder brush), any favorites? Thanks!
The Perles du Dragon are really lovely and great. :)

I wear the ballz occasionally (mostly when I have an important day and have to look professional/presentable), but I'm pretty sure that you can use them all year around whether they're in perles or compact form. Some have mentioned online that some of the meteorites have a disco ball effect (I heard this mostly on the perles de nuit and the pucci ones), but imo they don't look like that at all on me. In regards of the brush, I use the blue Emilio Pucci x Guerlain one from last year; but tbh I don't know much about brushes.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Just noticed this post, with a review and swatches (only of a few colours, unfortunately) of the new polishes from Karen at MUBB

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/guerlain-le-vernis-maxi-shine/

Dominique33

I have Gloss d'Enfer in " Red Pow " and nail polish in " Rouge d'Enfer ". I thought the packaging of the gloss would be more classy BUT it's smart on the whole, so easy to put in one's handbag. Very good texture ( not sticky at all ), easy to wear and quite long wearing for a gloss that is. Vibrant colour too. The nail polish is very bright, I love both the colour and the packaging. Shiny and pretty on the nails. I both recommand the gloss and the polish.

vaisforluvrs

Does anyone know if the summer collection will be coming to Nordstrom or maybe Macy's?
They should be available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Bloomingdales. I don't think I have ever seen Guerlain at Macys. I think Neiman Marcus has some of the bronzers online already. The summer collex usually shows up in April.

iATEaSEAmonster

They should be available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Bloomingdales. I don't think I have ever seen Guerlain at Macys. I think Neiman Marcus has some of the bronzers online already. The summer collex usually shows up in April.
I kept seeing all these info on the collection, saying it'll be available online by late March so that's why I was wondering. xD

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have Gloss d'Enfer in " Red Pow " and nail polish in " Rouge d'Enfer ". I thought the packaging of the gloss would be more classy BUT it's smart on the whole, so easy to put in one's handbag. Very good texture ( not sticky at all ), easy to wear and quite long wearing for a gloss that is. Vibrant colour too. The nail polish is very bright, I love both the colour and the packaging. Shiny and pretty on the nails. I both recommand the gloss and the polish.
Thank you for the review! I'm looking forward to trying these out.

I saw the bronzers yesterday and, despite the fact that I'm not a bronzer gal at all, I have to say that the texture on these was lovely. I actually wish I could get a version that just had the pink and peach shades from the lightest of the Four Seasons bronzer, because it would make a lovely warm, soft colour!

MarieMary

Christine from Temptalia reviewed Champs Elysées Le Vernis:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-champs-elysees-165-le-vernis-review-photos-swatches

katred

Specktra Bestie
Her reviews of the nail polishes are that they seem to be pretty much perfect. She's also started to review the glosses, which sound very pretty, although they look a bit on the sheer side.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ballade is a gorgeous shade. It's been a frequent go-to for me during the early Spring.

As far as the glosses go, I'm waiting for a colour that really stands out to me. I sort of feel like I don't need to try these just to have another gloss. I want it to be something I'm excited about wearing. I guess I do want to try out the formula, but it has to be in a colour that's unique in my collection, especially since Armani's new glosses are competing for my dollars.

Dominique33

Thank you for the review! I'm looking forward to trying these out.

I saw the bronzers yesterday and, despite the fact that I'm not a bronzer gal at all, I have to say that the texture on these was lovely. I actually wish I could get a version that just had the pink and peach shades from the lightest of the Four Seasons bronzer, because it would make a lovely warm, soft colour!
The light version " Nude 00 " is good, maybe you could try it. I am NW20 ( tought I was 25 but no I am quite pale in fact ) and the Nude version is really pretty on me. The other versions well they are good but most women here tend to say that the Terracotta has yellow undertones which is true.
The glosses and nail polishes are beautiful, very glossy indeed highly comparable to Dior or other high end brands, which was not the case before I mean for the polishes as I don't have Guerlain glosses except the one I purchased a few days ago from the new collection.

Icecaramellatte

I bought some stuff from the summer collection today. I bought Terra Ora (bronzer/highlighter), Cuivre Ora (loose eyeshadow), Kajal khol (pointed eyeliner), Corail Ora Shine Automatique. I don't know why I bought the eyeliner. I guess I was just so intrigued by the shape of it. I'm wondering now if I should have bought the brush the went with the collection. I have brushes I use for bronzing but I don't have one that is dense like this one and its the one the MA used on me and sold me on the Terra Ora. Oh wait I do have a kabuki that might work but I'm curious about this brush now. I asked the MA about the other bronzer that was supposed to be in this collection but she said she didn't expect it until June.