Guerlain discussion

Icecaramellatte

I saw the bronzer - Neroli on Bloomies site. No other dept. store sites seem to have it yet so I guess it is coming soon. I would like to buy it in store anyway. I may have to start calling around to see who has it.

Pinkdollface

I got the BB cream today after I already tried the sample I had gotten earlier. I really like how it looks and wears. It holds up well on my oily/combination skin and it covers quite well for a BB cream. I'd say it's light to medium coverage. It applies very easy too. It's a bit easier to spread than the Mac BB cream. I think I'm going to favor the Guerlain one. I'm very happy I finally found a Guerlain foundation type product that isn't too dark.

Miss QQ

I picked up my first of the glosses today! I got 420- Rouge Shebam- which is really right on the border between red and orange. I don't have a bright orange gloss, so this one fits nicely into my collection. It's a great summery shade and I think it'll be a lot of fun to wear. It was funny, because I tried it on in store, but I was wearing a cool purple shirt... I figured since it looked good even next to that, I should definitely bring it home!
I have to take a look at this shade. I saw the new glosses at the counter and randomly swatched 2 of them. They are very glossy and shimmery and not sticky on my hand. The smell is less strong than the kisskiss gloss so it is a plus. I think these are the most high shine glosses I've seen among Chanel, Dior and Guerlain.

The summer collection and bb cream is not at my counter yet. I still have DiorSnow bb cream in the light shade and love it. I just bought Lancome bb cream too and plan to use it as a sunblock and moisturizer. The good thing about these creams is that I can combine sunblock, foundation and powder all in one step. Great for busy and hot days! Guerlain only has SPF 30 so I'm unsure if I want it as I still have NARS tm. I could get Chanel cc cream (smells divine) and lancome cc cream too, which are both SPF 30.

Here is a review of the bb cream from Cafemakeup.

http://cafemakeup.com/2013/05/24/guerlain-lingerie-de-peau-bb-beauty-booster-makeup-my-thoughts/

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have to take a look at this shade. I saw the new glosses at the counter and randomly swatched 2 of them. They are very glossy and shimmery and not sticky on my hand. The smell is less strong than the kisskiss gloss so it is a plus. I think these are the most high shine glosses I've seen among Chanel, Dior and Guerlain.

The summer collection and bb cream is not at my counter yet. I still have DiorSnow bb cream in the light shade and love it. I just bought Lancome bb cream too and plan to use it as a sunblock and moisturizer. The good thing about these creams is that I can combine sunblock, foundation and powder all in one step. Great for busy and hot days! Guerlain only has SPF 30 so I'm unsure if I want it as I still have NARS tm. I could get Chanel cc cream (smells divine) and lancome cc cream too, which are both SPF 30.

Here is a review of the bb cream from Cafemakeup.

http://cafemakeup.com/2013/05/24/guerlain-lingerie-de-peau-bb-beauty-booster-makeup-my-thoughts/
The gloss is definitely the highest shine I've seen- very glassy. The only problem I've discovered is that the wear time isn't great. I'm often drinking water or coffee or tea, so glosses are difficult for me anyway, but even left alone, I find that this fades very quickly. I want to test it more, because every time I wear a new gloss formula, I have a tendency to pleat my lips a lot until I'm used to it, so I might have been doing that without thinking. I hope that I'm able to stretch the wear out longer than the hour or so that I get, because I really like the gloss in all other respects. It's one of the non-shimmery ones, so it's possible that the shimmer shades last longer (that's been my experience with other glosses).

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Fall preview!

http://www.chicprofile.com/2013/05/guerlain-fall-2013-makeup-collection-sneak-peek.html

That blush...
th_drool.gif

elegant-one

Wow, so beautiful! I usually dislike any kind of sdtripe pattern on a makeop product, but the colours are just gorgeous. I missed out on the Blush G, and this looks kind of similar colourwise, so I think I need this.
I missed Blush G also & I agree with you about how beautiful this one is. I will have to get it.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I missed Blush G also & I agree with you about how beautiful this one is. I will have to get it.
Because what we really need is another blush.
greengrin.gif
girlhaha.gif
I can't wait to see swatches.

BTW I'm waiting for my first Guerlain polish to arrive in the mail. I got the red one (Rouge D'Enfer??) And I'm really liking the one shown in the little fall preview pic, so if I like the formula I can see myself getting that one as well. Geez, fall will be so expensive, between Chanel, Givenchy, MAC and this, I will have to be picky, can't get everything.
sweatdrop.gif

elegant-one

greengrin.gif
girlhaha.gif

BTW I'm waiting for my first Guerlain polish to arrive in the mail. I got the red one (Rouge D'Enfer??) And I'm really liking the one shown in the little fall preview pic, so if I like the formula I can see myself getting that one as well. Geez, fall will be so expensive, between Chanel, Givenchy, MAC and this, I will have to be picky, can't get everything.
sweatdrop.gif
Another blush
lol.gif

Yeah, I hear you! I don't have any Guerlain np so let me know how you like it.

Miss QQ

greengrin.gif
girlhaha.gif

sweatdrop.gif
Let us know what you think of the nail polish! I am curious about their new line.

The blush is very pretty. I passed both Rouge G and the whitening line Rouge G, and I haven't gotten anything from Guerlain for a long time. I have to see this in person because tangerine part looks very intense, and might be tricky to apply.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oooohhh... The colours actually remind me a little of the Spring 2011 collection (one of my favourites) and, as others have mentioned, the blush reminds me of Blush G. I do think it looks more coral/ peach, whereas Blush G has more bright pink to it, but for those who missed it, I think it'll be a nice substitute. The glosses kind of look like colours that already exist, but very pretty. What kills me is that we don't get to see the Rouge G.

For the last couple of years, Guerlain has introduced a new permanent type of product with their Fall collection (new 4-shadow palettes, liquid lipsticks, blush duos), so I'm wondering if shadow duos might be something that they're adding.

MissTT

I had only perused Guerlain bronzers before last year. Was Blush G a quick seller? I know I've looked up swatches seeing it mentioned on here several times.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I had only perused Guerlain bronzers before last year. Was Blush G a quick seller? I know I've looked up swatches seeing it mentioned on here several times.
It didn't sell out as fast as some items (I got mine quite late in the Spring), but it did sell out and generally got a very good reaction. It is quite pigmented and the striping does allow you to customize the colour to your skin.