Guerlain Summer 2014

Medgal07

Great ! I have not tried mine I must say, it is so gorgeous in the pan. Yes the 4 parts are large enough to use it as a blush, a powder or both. I love the overspray this is a beautiful célébration of the Terracotta.
I so hate to disturb the overspray---it's just so pretty. I know I'll work around it for as long as possible to keep it intact.

Audrey C

Terra Tropica Any one seen this in person?

From bebeautyblog IG

From mshavyrina IG

Wonder when it'll get released in the US. Im guessing end of may, june? hopefully!!
This looks very pretty. I like pinky bronzers the best. I'll need to see swatches of this; I still have 4 Seasons in Nude on my list of items to check out in person. This may replace it if it can be applied very subtly. I'm really interested in seeing the colours separately and blended together.

Audrey C

For those of you who can read French, here is a nice review of both Guerlain summer bronzers: http://www.mynaamakeup.com/2014/05/sun-celebration-terra-tropica-by.html

She absolutely adores Sun Celebration but feels that the pigmentation of Terra Tropica is so light as to be virtually non-existent. She doesn't recommend it.

Dominique33

For those of you who can read French, here is a nice review of both Guerlain summer bronzers: http://www.mynaamakeup.com/2014/05/sun-celebration-terra-tropica-by.html She absolutely adores Sun Celebration but feels that the pigmentation of Terra Tropica is so light as to be virtually non-existent. She doesn't recommend it.
Thank you for posting, every year Guerlain launches 2 powders and only one out of the 2 is gorgeous. I thought Tropica would be good too but I saw it in person today and I was much disappointed too. Sun Célébration is a must-have but the other one is not worth buying totally agree.

Medgal07

For those of you who can read French, here is a nice review of both Guerlain summer bronzers: http://www.mynaamakeup.com/2014/05/sun-celebration-terra-tropica-by.html

She absolutely adores Sun Celebration but feels that the pigmentation of Terra Tropica is so light as to be virtually non-existent. She doesn't recommend it.
Thanks for sharing Audrey! I was thinking Terra Tropica looked light in the photos but sometimes it's hard to tell. Nice to have confirmation of that. I didn't have my sights
set on it anyway but that's too bad for anyone who did. I'm very happy w/Sun Celebration.

Audrey C

Too bad; I'd likely have gotten it. I'm so sorry that I missed the Guerlain Crazy Terracotta Healthy Glow powder. I found the tester of it at Shoppers Drug Mart today and LOVED it. Naturally, there don't appear to be any left in existence.
crybaby.gif

I hope they launch something similar for this year's holiday season. I love bronzy/peach or pink combo products.

Dominique33

Too bad; I'd likely have gotten it. I'm so sorry that I missed the Guerlain Crazy Terracotta Healthy Glow powder. I found the tester of it at Shoppers Drug Mart today and LOVED it. Naturally, there don't appear to be any left in existence.
crybaby.gif

I hope they launch something similar for this year's holiday season. I love bronzy/peach or pink combo products.
The Crazy Terracotta was launched in November 2013 ( Holiday collection ), besides the Holiday collection was totally unsuccessful here ( seen as a cheap one, the powders were great though ), I'll check it out when I go to Sephora ( next week ;) ) and I'll ask if there is one left by chance.

Audrey C

The Crazy Terracotta was launched in November 2013 ( Holiday collection ), besides the Holiday collection was totally unsuccessful here ( seen as a cheap one, the powders were great though ), I'll check it out when I go to Sephora ( next week ;) ) and I'll ask if there is one left by chance.
I would LOVE that, thank you! I've called the Toronto Guerlain store and they have none left.

Dominique33

There is still this one available on Sephora.fr ( Holiday 2013 ), but no other powder I fear, I'll ask at my local store.

Dominique33

Thanks, I appreciate it. I did see the Crazy Meteorites locally, but I'm not sure that I want those. They didn't have a tester any more and I'm concerned that may be too glittery.
No it's not glittery at all in fact, it's very soft. Swatching it is not easy, it's light and soft. A soft pink highlighter. Great for pale skins ( I am NW 20 ), a lovely colour really.

Audrey C

No it's not glittery at all in fact, it's very soft. Swatching it is not easy, it's light and soft. A soft pink highlighter. Great for pale skins ( I am NW 20 ), a lovely colour really.

No, I saw the actual perles. This one is pretty, but I think it's too cool for me (NC20-25). The Crazy Terracotta version would be more flattering.

Dominique33

Terra Tropica is up at Nordstrom with a backordered date of 5/21!! :pompom:
Terra Tropica is poorly pigmented, it is beautiful in the pan but this is it I fear, Sun Célébration is worth purchasing, both powder and blush, pigments are good. But Terra Tropica is only pretty in the pan.

vaisforluvrs

Terra Tropica is poorly pigmented, it is beautiful in the pan but this is it I fear, Sun Célébration is worth purchasing, both powder and blush, pigments are good. But Terra Tropica is only pretty in the pan.
Oh no. Really? Not really interested in Sun Celebration. Guess I still have some time to decide what to do.
sigh.gif

Dominique33

I tested Terra Tropica at my local Sephora, well it is not pigmented enough, the texture is quite dry, so I don ´ t think it would be a great highlighter for the face and the décolleté. The Sun Célébration is not a highlighting powder but it is a very good powder/blush. I tested it at Sephora too as I don ´ t want to use mine lol ( too beautiful and I cannot back up it is really too pricey ). In brief I would recommand Sun Célébration :)

novocainedreams

Would you think Terra Tropica would work on an NW15 complexion? I'm afraid SC would be too dark, although I think it's gorgeous.

Edite: I see that TT has poor pigmentation...hrm...but I fear Sun Celebration would be too dark for me.

Latest posts