Guerlain Summer 2014

VAL4M

My bronzer/blush powder shipped from Sephora! It's a Mother's Day gift; can't wait to get it!

I've tested Joli Teint in Natural for the last couple of days. It's gorgeous, but it makes me look tanned. I'm a NC20-25 with strong yellow undertones (F&B C2, Matchmaster 1.5). Light/Clair would probably be better, but the Guerlain 02 shades are just too pink for me.
Audrey, did you see that on Sephora website they charge taxes AND duties? I wonder if at shoppers drugmart it wont be cheaper , now i'm debating if a prefer optimum points or sephora VIB status?Anyone when it is the next Sephora sales in November?
th_confused_new.gif

Audrey C

Audrey, did you see that on Sephora website they charge taxes AND duties? I wonder if at shoppers drugmart it wont be cheaper , now i'm debating if a prefer optimum points or sephora VIB status?Anyone when it is the next Sephora sales in November?
th_confused_new.gif
Actually, I did notice that the taxes were higher; it's my first Sephora purchase where there were duties. Honestly, couldn't care less. It's a total splurge and a couple of extra bucks is no big deal. I'd care if duties were typically applied, but they aren't. It probably has something to do with the country of origin of the product.

I'm not sure that it will ever get to Shoppers; they never got the Crazy Pearls and I checked multiple times (same as in store Sephora). I was tempted by those as well but didn't want to pull the trigger without making sure they weren't too pink or sparkly for me so I never ordered them. Maybe I just don't deal with Shoppers enough, but I'm not remotely impressed with Optimum points. My card is so old that the plastic sheer cover has come off and it's burgundy, and I've gotten less than $30 out of them over what must be pushing 20 years.

I think it's likely that I'll hit Rouge again with Sephora (without even trying). My daughter bought herself the Chocolate Bar palette over the weekend and with the bronzer I must be over $600 and it's only April. With Christmas shopping/holiday palettes, I'd be surprised if I didn't hit $1000. The wildcard for me is skincare; I'm switching over to Paula's Choice for many items and if my two eldest also are impressed with her products, I won't get anywhere near Rouge after this year. I like Sephora's samples, much greater product range and free shipping.

VAL4M

Actually, I did notice that the taxes were higher; it's my first Sephora purchase where there were duties. Honestly, couldn't care less. It's a total splurge and a couple of extra bucks is no big deal. I'd care if duties were typically applied, but they aren't. It probably has something to do with the country of origin of the product.

I'm not sure that it will ever get to Shoppers; they never got the Crazy Pearls and I checked multiple times (same as in store Sephora). I was tempted by those as well but didn't want to pull the trigger without making sure they weren't too pink or sparkly for me so I never ordered them. Maybe I just don't deal with Shoppers enough, but I'm not remotely impressed with Optimum points. My card is so old that the plastic sheer cover has come off and it's burgundy, and I've gotten less than $30 out of them over what must be pushing 20 years.

I think it's likely that I'll hit Rouge again with Sephora (without even trying). My daughter bought herself the Chocolate Bar palette over the weekend and with the bronzer I must be over $600 and it's only April. With Christmas shopping/holiday palettes, I'd be surprised if I didn't hit $1000. The wildcard for me is skincare; I'm switching over to Paula's Choice for many items and if my two eldest also are impressed with her products, I won't get anywhere near Rouge after this year. I like Sephora's samples, much greater product range and free shipping.
Thanks Audrey, I have to say i'm all over de the place but Optimum points are for me the best! I'm even a collector ha! I might purchase the Hourglass ambiant palette have a 10% because i'm a newly VIB and purchase the Terracota Sun celebration next!
th_roll1.gif

Audrey C

Thanks Audrey, I have to say i'm all over de the place but Optimum points are for me the best! I'm even a collector ha! I might purchase the Hourglass ambiant palette have a 10% because i'm a newly VIB and purchase the Terracota Sun celebration next!
th_roll1.gif
That's great! I like my Ambient Palette. I wish they'd send Rouge a coupon when we re-qualify.

charismafulltv

Christine of Temptalia didn't give the 30th anniversary blush bronzer a good rating now I'm still on the fence to get it or not.

Dominique33

Christine of Temptalia didn't give the 30th anniversary blush bronzer a good rating now I'm still on the fence to get it or not.
T gave a F to Proenza Schouler Sunset Beach blush , as I said I am not influenced by bloggers reviews at all, clearly the Guerlain Sun Celebration looks very pretty on her , B is décent well, I have the powder but I have not tried it yet, this is a collector that I might never try in fact , it is pricey in the US ( here 60€ ), so it is difficult to give some advice. It looks good on the whole ( after reading some reviews ) but maybe not that perfect .

charismafulltv

T gave a F to Proenza Schouler Sunset Beach blush , as I said I am not influenced by bloggers reviews at all, clearly the Guerlain Sun Celebration looks very pretty on her , B is décent well, I have the powder but I have not tried it yet, this is a collector that I might never try in fact , it is pricey in the US ( here 60€ ), so it is difficult to give some advice. It looks good on the whole ( after reading some reviews ) but maybe not that perfect .
Yeah, sometimes hers and my reviews don't match. Like the dior transat eyeshadow quad, it works for me but she gave it a C+

Paint&Ink Chick

I saw her reviews as well & rethinking getting this. I don't go solely on her review, but from the feedback as well. There was a Woc who had this,bout my complextion & stated the bronzer didn't saw that well.

Dominique33

Yeah, sometimes hers and my reviews don't match. Like the dior transat eyeshadow quad, it works for me but she gave it a C+
Both Transat quints work well for me, well ? As for the powder, many products receiving only a B work as well. I remember MAC Pro longwear blush in Rosy Outlook receiving a F or a C ( I don ´ t remember but the review was bad ), it became my go-to blush, that is why I doń t rely on reviews I prefer vidéos and products in context. I often knows what will work on me with the exception of MAC lipsticks they are so unique that I want to see them in person most of the time. Dior quints are good, pigments and texture are really worth looking at.

Medgal07

I saw her reviews as well & rethinking getting this. I don't go solely on her review, but from the feedback as well. There was a Woc who had this,bout my complextion & stated the bronzer didn't saw that well.
I'm NC44 & the bronzer works beautifully for me. I know some have opted to use it as a finishing powder. Perhaps checking in-store will be more reliable for you than the reviews & opinions floating around. I'd hate for you to miss out but on the other hand I'd prefer you have a product that's useable.

Medgal07

I remember MAC Pro longwear blush in Rosy Outlook receiving a F or a C ( I don ´ t remember but the review was bad ), it became my go-to blush, that is why I doń t rely on reviews I prefer vidéos and products in context. I often knows what will work on me with the exception of MAC lipsticks they are so unique that I want to see them in person most of the time. Dior quints are good, pigments and texture are really worth looking at.
Which of the TransAt palettes do you like best? I'm very close to purchasing Sundeck
icon_eek.gif

Audrey C

My bronzer arrived. I disagree with the B rating - it's spectacular on me. The sections are large enough for me to use the 168 in each quadrant individually. In fact, I was able to sneak a small trial without even dislodging any of the gold overspray. This is the most natural looking bronzer I've ever tried. I love it!
love.gif

I definitely wouldn't want this more pigmented. It just melts into the skin. LOVE. Now to box it back up. ;)

Dominique33

My bronzer arrived. I disagree with the B rating - it's spectacular on me. The sections are large enough for me to use the 168 in each quadrant individually. In fact, I was able to sneak a small trial without even dislodging any of the gold overspray. This is the most natural looking bronzer I've ever tried. I love it! :love: I definitely wouldn't want this more pigmented. It just melts into the skin. LOVE. Now to box it back up. ;)
Great ! I have not tried mine I must say, it is so gorgeous in the pan. Yes the 4 parts are large enough to use it as a blush, a powder or both. I love the overspray this is a beautiful célébration of the Terracotta.

Medgal07

My bronzer arrived. I disagree with the B rating - it's spectacular on me. The sections are large enough for me to use the 168 in each quadrant individually. In fact, I was able to sneak a small trial without even dislodging any of the gold overspray. This is the most natural looking bronzer I've ever tried. I love it!
love.gif

I definitely wouldn't want this more pigmented. It just melts into the skin. LOVE. Now to box it back up. ;)
Awesome Audrey! I'm so glad you're loving it. Reviews are by and large more subjective than anything. Beyond the obvious objective/factual findings like color, size, etc.,
it's someone's opinion. Your opinion, your purchase---that's what matters.

Latest posts