(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Twinkle_Twinkle

Nice swatches. I don't know why I never picked up Moonstone----probably distracted by something else at the time
girlhaha.gif
I neeevvveeerrr hear WoC talking about Moonstone. When I was doing SSP research I only came across one WoC who even swatched it on YT. I think because it looks so white in the pan it may be a turn off, but the color is actually quite warm as it's really a white gold and I like it a lot. I wouldn't have even given Moonstone a look but there was a Becca Consultant at Sephora one day who applied Moonstone Poured on me and I loved it. The liquid and poured versions of Moonstone are the most golden and prettiest, but the powder is still pretty in it's own right.

I'm NW45 and I can pull it off, ijs.

pinkcrush

[COLOR=0000FF]  You're smart to assess the products and compare them to what you already own---otherwise you'd end up with a pile of purchase regrets.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Being able to chat about makeup is what makes Specktra fun----it's not seen as bragging---just makeup lovers excited about their fun purchases.[/COLOR]
I know i love it here! I meant bragging in real life haha

Psych1

Glad ur loving it!!! I love Opal tho haha ️ Would u say its Opal's more daytime-friendly sister???
Thank you! Yes, that's a really great way of putting it, it's more day time friendly. It can be built up to be more in your face, but when applied lightly and blended out really well, it brings a glowy radiance to the cheek area and makes you look like you have amazing skin. I also like that it doesn't disrupt the color of my blush like Opal can. Opal is still great though, it's just not as user friendly for me.

pinkcrush

Thank you! Yes, that's a really great way of putting it, it's more day time friendly. It can be built up to be more in your face, but when applied lightly and blended out really well, it brings a glowy radiance to the cheek area and makes you look like you have amazing skin. I also like that it doesn't disrupt the color of my blush like Opal can. Opal is still great though, it's just not as user friendly for me.
Nice nice! Yea Opal steals the show haha

pinkcrush

I neeevvveeerrr hear WoC talking about Moonstone. When I was doing SSP research I only came across one WoC who even swatched it on YT. I think because it looks so white in the pan it may be a turn off, but the color is actually quite warm as it's really a white gold and I like it a lot. I wouldn't have even given Moonstone a look but there was a Becca Consultant at Sephora one day who applied Moonstone Poured on me and I loved it. The liquid and poured versions of Moonstone are the most golden and prettiest, but the powder is still pretty in it's own right.  I'm NW45 and I can pull it off, ijs. 
Yea Moonstone scared me at swatching so I stepped away lol... I will look at her more closely thanx

pinkcrush

Here you go @pinkcrush Top, Middle, Bottom - Opal, Champagne Pop, Moonstone  Left to Right - Moonstone, Champagne Pop, Opal  Not sure if you can entirely tell from the photo but CP blends out more softly and diffused. Moonstone looks particularly white swatched but it doesn't read that way on the face. It also blends out more softly than Opal, but I think Champagne Pop blends out the best and I agree with @Psych1  that I prefer it to Opal. Then again I use Opal the least of my SSP's. I like it, I just don't reach for it as often. 
Thanx for the pix, u rock!!!

Psych1

Here you go @pinkcrush Top, Middle, Bottom - Opal, Champagne Pop, Moonstone  Left to Right - Moonstone, Champagne Pop, Opal  Not sure if you can entirely tell from the photo but CP blends out more softly and diffused. Moonstone looks particularly white swatched but it doesn't read that way on the face. It also blends out more softly than Opal, but I think Champagne Pop blends out the best and I agree with @Psych1  that I prefer it to Opal. Then again I use Opal the least of my SSP's. I like it, I just don't reach for it as often. 
Great swatches!! Yes, totally agree, CP blends out much better than Opal and that diffused look makes the skin look absolutely amazing. It's like the perfect combo of Moonstone and Opal, which I'm sure was JH's goal when creating the color. Not too white, not too beige.

boschicka

I'm only skipping for now! If i can actually play with her, Imay be able to justify purchading her lol... I know women who brag about scoring limited edition makeup like its a one of their greatest life accomplishments, yesss! Ri Ri Woo, Glorify, and others r talked about like they r oxygen haha... We all love our makeup but Im NOT gonna brag about anything, its not that serious to me... Makeup discussion is something else entirely different
You're smart to assess the products and compare them to what you already own---otherwise you'd end up with a pile of purchase regrets.
Being able to chat about makeup is what makes Specktra fun----it's not seen as bragging---just makeup lovers excited about their fun purchases.
This! When we find our white whale, we just want to scream it from the rooftops with excitement!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I guess I'm in a swatching mood and @Shars I know I owe you LM Ritual and comparison swatches (with Shea Moisture Mandalay Dusk and lots of others); I'm putting that in the Bronzer for the Bronzed thread and I'll tag you there so you can find the post.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Moonstone and Mary Lou r dupes correct???
Here you go! Mary Lou is actually closer to Moonstone than I thought; good eye!

Left to Right: NARS Albatross, Moonstone, Mary Lou

Albatross is the most golden and has the most sheen. Moonstone has fine shimmer and blends the best. Mary Lou is the boldest and has more of a slightly metallic/foiled finish.

pinkcrush

Here you go! Mary Lou is actually closer to Moonstone than I thought; good eye!  Left to Right: NARS Albatross, Moonstone, Mary Lou  Albatross is the most golden and has the most sheen. Moonstone has fine shimmer and blends the best. Mary Lou is the boldest and has more of a slightly metallic/foiled finish. 
Wow nice so Moonstone is easier to work with... Gd to know! Thanx for all ur help

pinkcrush

May I ask what you're returning to UD and why?  What products to avoid??!?  :) This!  When we find our white whale, we just want to scream it from the rooftops with excitement!
Agreed, it also may help someone else decide if a particular product is for them

Twinkle_Twinkle

May I ask what you're returning to UD and why? What products to avoid??!? :)

This! When we find our white whale, we just want to scream it from the rooftops with excitement!
Most of the eye shadows I'm returning are just dupes of shadows I already have, and the difference isn't enough to justify having both. Bender = MAC Humid, Deep End = MAC Parrot and Shattered = MAC Shimmermoss (which I sort of knew but I needed to see it for myself) and I ordered Backfire and Last Call, and while they are different, I didn't feel like I needed both so I'm returning Last Call. And I'm returning Snare because of glitter fallout, so that may be one to avoid.

pinkcrush

Aha!!! I knew it was possible to concoct a CP dupe! I was wrong about layering Opal and Cheeky Bronze to make CP... Its actually Moonstone and Opal according to T's review and here is the proof:
f368da2d_image.jpeg

boschicka

May I ask what you're returning to UD and why? What products to avoid??!? :)

Most of the eye shadows I'm returning are just dupes of shadows I already have, and the difference isn't enough to justify having both. Bender = MAC Humid, Deep End = MAC Parrot and Shattered = MAC Shimmermoss (which I sort of knew but I needed to see it for myself) and I ordered Backfire and Last Call, and while they are different, I didn't feel like I needed both so I'm returning Last Call. And I'm returning Snare because of glitter fallout, so that may be one to avoid.
Thank you!