(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Twinkle_Twinkle

You're right! They're pretty addictive!!! I just got these babies this week. Rainbow Météorites:

Lovely!!!!!
pretty.gif

Medgal07

@Medgal07 - Talk to me about these Rainbow Meteorites please.
Are you sure you can handle these little balls of goodness???? Depending on the color combinations of a set of balls, there are varying uses for them, but they're
essentially illuminating powders. I prefer using them as an all-over finishing powder, over my setting powder. I'm wearing some today w/o foundation. I simply applied
it over my Algenist Ultra Light UV Defense Fluid, SPF 50. It's a nice minimal makeup look w/o a ton of makeup. They also come in pressed/compact form but I prefer the
perles/balls. I do have one compact because the balls don't travel well---they're prone to breakage.

There's a whole thread dedicated to these babies. Come on over if you dare---you just might be converted
greengrin.gif
angelic.gif

A thread for 'Guerlain Météorites and the Women Who Love Them'
http://www.specktra.net/t/190016/worship-the-balls-a-thread-for-guerlain-meteorites-and-the-women-who-love-them/2100#post_2986272

Twinkle_Twinkle

Are you sure you can handle these little balls of goodness???? Depending on the color combinations of a set of balls, there are varying uses for them, but they're
essentially illuminating powders. I prefer using them as an all-over finishing powder, over my setting powder. I'm wearing some today w/o foundation. I simply applied
it over my Algenist Ultra Light UV Defense Fluid, SPF 50. It's a nice minimal makeup look w/o a ton of makeup. They also come in pressed/compact form but I prefer the
perles/balls. I do have one compact because the balls don't travel well---they're prone to breakage.

There's a whole thread dedicated to these babies. Come on over if you dare---you just might be converted
greengrin.gif
angelic.gif

A thread for 'Guerlain Météorites and the Women Who Love Them'
http://www.specktra.net/t/190016/worship-the-balls-a-thread-for-guerlain-meteorites-and-the-women-who-love-them/2100#post_2986272

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Thanks @Medgal07 I am always on the fence about them. I bought the Dore Meteorities once upon a time but returned them and I've been eyeing the pressed ones for a while. Why do you prefer the pearls over the pressed? And whats special about the rainbow ones vs the dore? Although it looks like the rainbow meteorites will probably sell out (I've been lurking in the Guerlain thread).

Do you prefer Meteorites to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders?

For me, the perles are just more fun to use and are a little more versatile----you can manipulate the perles to influence the outcome. You can't change the compact.
I like the way that the peerless sound when i roll my brush over them. Dore is brown dominant and the Rainbow perles are green. Dore can be too dark on me if I
over-apply it. I'm still experimenting with the Rainbow Perles--- I've only used them twice sine I got them last week.

As far as the Rainbow perles go here's Guerlains explanation: "Fresh green is for anti-redness, fuchsia revives, sunny yellow is for anti-dullness, pearlescent white
reflects light, champagne illuminates and rich coral enhances".

I definitely prefer Météorites over the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders.

montREALady

[COLOR=0000FF]For me, the perles are just more fun to use and are a little more versatile----you can manipulate the perles to influence the outcome.  You can't change the compact.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I like the way that the peerless [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]sound when i roll my brush over them.  Dore is brown dominant and the Rainbow perles are green.  Dore can be too dark on me if I[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   over-apply it.  I'm still experimenting with the Rainbow Perles---[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] I've only used them twice sine I got them last week.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  As far as the Rainbow perles go here's Guerlains explanation[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]:  "Fresh green is for anti-redness, fuchsia revives, sunny yellow is for anti-dullness, pearlescent white[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  reflects light, champagne[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] illuminates and rich coral enhances".[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  I definitely prefer Météorites over the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders.[/COLOR]
I recently got an NYX Finishing Powder that has the rainbow effect, the Radiant one: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/radiant-finishing-powder/NYX_138.html?cgid=powder#start=7&cgid=powder
Same concept, perfects skin.

allthingsglam

My Champagne Pop arrived not too long ago.  I've been waiting all day.  I really need a nap now.  Anyway, it looks really pretty.  I'm not sure I really needed it though.  I'm really into colored highlighters right now.  
Me too I'm loving the colored highlighters I have
Your Welcome! :) But girlfriend...why didn't you tell us how pigmented they are?!? Goodness gracious! I need a pair of sunglasses to block the glow! LMBO! I just tried Saks n Fifth and OMG! The price is a bargain even with the darn $8.00 shipping. I will be buying more....
lol they are so pigmented I use just a lil I forgot to mention

DILLIGAF

I got my Champagne Pop on Friday. I've swatched it but not put it to use properly. I'm still in limbo. I can't properly move in until they finish painting. I hate moving

pinkcrush

Hey a co-worker just said she liked my blush! WTH, when I'm wearing MAC, Clinique or any other bigger brand, no one says jack! I buy a $3.99 one and here comes a compliment :haha:
Ur makeup was FLAWLESS!!! It's not how much something costs it's the execution of the overall look that matters and u definitely nailed it

Latest posts