(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

MissTania

I just ordered Bobbi Brown Moon Glow from the US site with their 20% off promotion (no offer code needed).

Yesterday I bought the NARS Man Ray Double Take Overexposed Highlighter and the Laura Mercier Exotique. I later ordered the Ciate Moondust Highlighter after being very impressed with the smooth and pigmented Ciate Starburst Highlighter, swatched below:

20170912_221957.jpg

20170912_214709.jpg

Alysse011

i don't know if they were mentioned here but lancome dual finish highlighters are STUNNING

Thank you for posting this. I was able to look at these in store today and they’re truly jaw dropping. The texture, finish, and colors are insane. I’m getting two. Maybe a third at a later date.

Monsy

I am so happy you liked them. Seriously they do not get enough attention. I have 1 - rose gold, but want two more -sparkling peche and the buff one.

Icecaramellatte

I put together this list last week because I couldn't keep track of all that is out or coming out. I already picked up one and crossed the other off my list.

Highlighters of interest:
· Cover fx palette
· Bobbi brown gold holiday
· Bobbi brown trio holiday
· Chanel lion
o White gold
o Rose gold
· Chanel other upcoming highlighters
· Tom Ford soleil something
· Melt pink
· By Terri
· Gucci Butterfly
· Dior Precious Rocks
· Hourglass strobe palette
· Chantecaille holiday palette

I picked up the CoverFx one without even trying it. I was so surprised to see it at Ulta that I just grabbed it. BTW NYC shoppers - Ulta opened on 86th Street, a couple of doors down from Sephora, corner of 3rd avenue I think- quite large (has a Mac boutique) and crowded but they had 5 cashiers so the line moved quickly.

Chantecaille was a no go for me. I tried it at Neimans and looked quite light and looked like nothing on my hand. I do believe highlighters are hard to swatch but I'm skipping anyway. I really just liked the pop up flower.

I tried to look for the Bobbi Brown gold one today but didn't see it in stores. I think the Melt one is now revealed to be an eyeshadow but they were showing it as a highlighter and it looked quite pretty. I guess I need to add the Lancome ones to my list now.

Shars

I picked up a Cover FX single powder highlighter in the shade Candlelight that reminds me of Becca Topaz when it was on Sephora' weekly flash sale thing for $19 and was able to get 20% off it as well. I also picked up the Whisper of Gilt bag from MAC... that brush is so divine. I bought the NARS Man Ray for my friend for her birthday and might buy one for myself in NARS' F&F Sale next week if they have it around Thanksgiving like they usually do. Oh I also got the MAC Face Powder in Here Comes Joy. Have to see how it'll work out for an all over lit within type glow.

For the Makeup Show in LA, we went to this Beauty Brunch and they gave us a gift bag with loads of goodies in it. I got a mini Melanie Mills Radiant Dust Illuminating Loose Powder in the shade Light Gold. I believe I already own that shade so I may pass it along. I also got a Cinema Secrets Illuminating Powder in Candlelight and a Danessa Myricks Illuminating Veil liquid highlighter in the shade Queen.

I picked up two more of the Danessa Myricks Illuminating Veils in Attraction and Desire at her booth. Queen is quite dark, even for me, so I probably would only be able to bronze with that. OMG, I almost forgot, I picked up two palettes from the Crown Brush booth. One was called the Bronze & Go Palette and the other Blush and Go. I was so convinced they were creams.... so pigmented and smooth. They can be a bit in your face if you pick too much up but they blend out quite nicely. I used them in my freelance kit this weekend but need to try them on myself to see how I like them.

The Urban Decay booth gave us a mini Illuminated Shimmering Powder in the shade Luminous. I haven't swatched it yet but I believe the consensus was that those UD powders are really shimmery/glittery. At the Make Up For Ever booth I picked up this new product called Ultra HD Color Stick in the number M710 which is basically their coloured version of their new Ultra HD Stick Foundation. It reminded me a lot of one of the Rihanna shimmer Match Stix in Rum/Sinnamon but I think I would like the MUFE better so I grabbed that. MUFE was doing like 30-40% off... who could resist. I also picked up a Star Lit Powder from MUFE at the show in 03 that is a beautiful iridescent shade and grabbed another (in 13 Ivory) the Sephora sale that came with one of their new Metallic Lip Glosses.

I'm trying to ignore Monsy's Lancome suggestions loool. I'm all highlightered out.

Medgal07

Hi there Shars. :wavey: I see you're upholding the standards of a true highlighter addict!!! Your selections sound amazing!

I picked up a Cover FX single powder highlighter in the shade Candlelight that reminds me of Becca Topaz when it was on Sephora' weekly flash sale thing for $19 and was able to get 20% off it as well. I also picked up the Whisper of Gilt bag from MAC... that brush is so divine. I bought the NARS Man Ray for my friend for her birthday and might buy one for myself in NARS' F&F Sale next week if they have it around Thanksgiving like they usually do. Oh I also got the MAC Face Powder in Here Comes Joy. Have to see how it'll work out for an all over lit within type glow. For the Makeup Show in LA, we went to this Beauty Brunch and they gave us a gift bag with loads of goodies in it. I got a mini Melanie Mills Radiant Dust Illuminating Loose Powder in the shade Light Gold. I believe I already own that shade so I may pass it along. I also got a Cinema Secrets Illuminating Powder in Candlelight and a Danessa Myricks Illuminating Veil liquid highlighter in the shade Queen. I picked up two more of the Danessa Myricks Illuminating Veils in Attraction and Desire at her booth. Queen is quite dark, even for me, so I probably would only be able to bronze with that. OMG, I almost forgot, I picked up two palettes from the Crown Brush booth. One was called the Bronze & Go Palette and the other Blush and Go. I was so convinced they were creams.... so pigmented and smooth. They can be a bit in your face if you pick too much up but they blend out quite nicely. I used them in my freelance kit this weekend but need to try them on myself to see how I like them. The Urban Decay booth gave us a mini Illuminated Shimmering Powder in the shade Luminous. I haven't swatched it yet but I believe the consensus was that those UD powders are really shimmery/glittery. At the Make Up For Ever booth I picked up this new product called Ultra HD Color Stick in the number M710 which is basically their coloured version of their new Ultra HD Stick Foundation. It reminded me a lot of one of the Rihanna shimmer Match Stix in Rum/Sinnamon but I think I would like the MUFE better so I grabbed that. MUFE was doing like 30-40% off... who could resist. I also picked up a Star Lit Powder from MUFE at the show in 03 that is a beautiful iridescent shade and grabbed another (in 13 Ivory) the Sephora sale that came with one of their new Metallic Lip Glosses. I'm trying to ignore Monsy's Lancome suggestions loool. I'm all highlightered out.

elegant-one

Yesterday I bought on Nordies the new 3 piece Jouer highlighter set with the skinny dip shade & 2 others. It is backordered right now. There are 2 different sets with 3 shades each.

Shars

Hi there Shars. :wavey: I see you're upholding the standards of a true highlighter addict!!! Your selections sound amazing!

Haha! I only realised how many I gathered until I started typing it all out *facepalm*. I left you a note in the Chanel thread earlier. I see you're still a-hauling as well lol.

CCKK

Thank you for all the tips and advice. I just bought the Nars Overexposed and I must be the minority but I am not in love with it. I am going to try Lancomes dual finish highlighter set and Ciarte next.

boschicka

Thank you for all the tips and advice. I just bought the Nars Overexposed and I must be the minority but I am not in love with it. I am going to try Lancomes dual finish highlighter set and Ciarte next.

What don't you like about it?

DILLIGAF

i don't know if they were mentioned here but lancome dual finish highlighters are STUNNING

I know I'm late but I just saw this! AND OMG they are stunning. I'm thinking about turning my fail of a purchase from yesterday and making it a win by getting one of these.

Latest posts