Had two interviews with MAC now what?!

hey guys!!
eeksign.gif

so I'm new here and can see that I'm not the first person to ask this, but I am just curious as to what to expect.

I had my first 1 on 1 interview on Thursday afternoon, (or I should say 1 on 3 as there was 2 managers and a trainer in the room with me!) of which I felt went amazing. The "BIG" manager that was there called me about 2 hours after meeting with me and invited me to my second interview, the demo on Monday night. The demo went fantastic, I only made one minor mistake and really bonded with the trainer who was viewing me. She told me all the things she loved and how well I performed; complimenting me on my excellent customer service skills and giving my model exactly what she wanted. She asked me if I was only interested in a freelance position or if I would possibly be interested in a PT perm position!! (of course i said yes!)) She then said that I should be hearing from them within the week (INSERT INTERNAL HAPPY DANCE HERE.
yahoo.gif
) ANYWAYS, lol I am wondering if they just tell everyone that they will be calling to be nice, or does this mean I am in?!?!?!

Also, should I wait another day or two and make the call myself and show them how badly I want to work for their company, or let them come to me? I don't want to come off as desperate, any advice would be great! thanks loves!!

xoxo
heart.gif
Autumn
heart.gif

I have a 3rd interview with the regional manager of my area this week. I'm so nervous
How long did it take to hear back from them for a third interview- do you know what it will pertain? I have read that some people had their third one over the phone which usually consists with an offer, good luck! I'm so anxious, i haven't slept I'm days!

msloladior

It took them approx 3 days from my demo. Yeah I've read that if you have the third interview you basically have the job but,I've also heard that it could be somewhat like an interview as well. Hopefully it's breezy I will keep you posted = )

Jesusislove

hey guys!! :eek: so I'm new here and can see that I'm not the first person to ask this, but I am just curious as to what to expect. I had my first 1 on 1 interview on Thursday afternoon, (or I should say 1 on 3 as there was 2 managers and a trainer in the room with me!) of which I felt went amazing. The "BIG" manager that was there called me about 2 hours after meeting with me and invited me to my second interview, the demo on Monday night. The demo went fantastic, I only made one minor mistake and really bonded with the trainer who was viewing me. She told me all the things she loved and how well I performed; complimenting me on my excellent customer service skills and giving my model exactly what she wanted. She asked me if I was only interested in a freelance position or if I would possibly be interested in a PT perm position!! (of course i said yes!)) She then said that I should be hearing from them within the week (INSERT INTERNAL HAPPY DANCE HERE. :yahoo: ) ANYWAYS, lol I am wondering if they just tell everyone that they will be calling to be nice, or does this mean I am in?!?!?!  Also, should I wait another day or two and make the call myself and show them how badly I want to work for their company, or let them come to me? I don't want to come off as desperate, any advice would be great! thanks loves!!        xoxo :heart:  Autumn :heart:  
Hey!!!! They don't tell everyone the same thing... If they like you and you did a phenomenal job expect to get a call back!!! If you don't hear anything I would suggest that you call the hiring manager and ask he/she what's the verdict. Congrats on your new job and welcome to the Mac family

Th
Hey!!!! They don't tell everyone the same thing... If they like you and you did a phenomenal job expect to get a call back!!! If you don't hear anything I would suggest that you call the hiring manager and ask he/she what's the verdict. Congrats on your new job and welcome to the Mac family
Thanks a bunch! It's been just over a week now, and I JUST finally was able to speak with one of the interview managers I spoke with the first time. She knew who I was right away when I mentioned my name, but told me they were still in the interview process. She didn't say how long it would or could be, except to expect a few weeks because it is a long and tedious process. (It took her a month to officially get hired.) how long did it take you to get in? She didn't say yes, but she didn't say no either.

It took them approx 3 days from my demo. Yeah I've read that if you have the third interview you basically have the job but,I've also heard that it could be somewhat like an interview as well. Hopefully it's breezy I will keep you posted = )
I've heard that too! Good luck! I'm still anxiously waiting, it's been a week since my demo now.

Jesusislove

Th Thanks a bunch! It's been just over a week now, and I JUST finally was able to speak with one of the interview managers I spoke with the first time. She knew who I was right away when I mentioned my name, but told me they were still in the interview process. She didn't say how long it would or could be, except to expect a few weeks because it is a long and tedious process. (It took her a month to officially get hired.) how long did it take you to get in? She didn't say yes, but she didn't say no either.
It took 4 mos for me to get hired. Just be patient and pray... If you did well on the demo it's most likely that you got the job. The demo really determines whether you'll be freelance or permanent or if you're even hired at all.... Just know that the trainer is not your hiring manager they just overview the demonstration and give the feedback to your hiring manager....

Jesusislove

It's a phone interview do you happen to know what that will possibly entail?
It's a formal meeting. You don't have to wear black because, you're just going in to fill out the application and W2 forms. Make sure to bring your ID and SS.... They will let you know if your permanent or freelance. The meeting is in person.

msloladior

It's a formal meeting. You don't have to wear black because, you're just going in to fill out the application and W2 forms. Make sure to bring your ID and SS.... They will let you know if your permanent or freelance. The meeting is in person.
lol I think we're confusing each other. The meeting with the regional manager is a phone interview.

Jesusislove

lol I think we're confusing each other. The meeting with the regional manager is a phone interview.
Lol I think so it's cool. I'm not sure then. The only time I met with regional managers was for the demo... After that the hiring manager called me told me I got the job she set up a day for me to fill out paperwork... I went in to fill it out.

It took 4 mos for me to get hired. Just be patient and pray... If you did well on the demo it's most likely that you got the job. The demo really determines whether you'll be freelance or permanent or if you're even hired at all.... Just know that the trainer is not your hiring manager they just overview the demonstration and give the feedback to your hiring manager....
Haha- praying has been my main language these past two weeks! 4 months?! Goodness that seems like a long time!! The trainer did explain to me that she could not determine whether I get hired or not, just pass on what she witnessed and details and such. Sigh, only time will tell! Was it 4 months after your demo, or after they told you that you were hired?!

Jesusislove

Haha- praying has been my main language these past two weeks! 4 months?! Goodness that seems like a long time!! The trainer did explain to me that she could not determine whether I get hired or not, just pass on what she witnessed and details and such. Sigh, only time will tell! Was it 4 months after your demo, or after they told you that you were hired?!
Oh heavens no!!! Lol it actually took a week to get the phone call and I had to wait a couple of weeks because, the manager went on vacation. Once she came back she called me in to fill out the paperwork get my new hire packet and do a background check. Usually that takes two weeks and you start as soon as you get your employee ID

msloladior

The nervousness that had overwhelmed me!!! Sheesh... One more day till the final interview. I was informed by the assistant manager that it will be for permenant part time not sure if I informed y'all of that.

msloladior

hey guys!! :eek: so I'm new here and can see that I'm not the first person to ask this, but I am just curious as to what to expect. I had my first 1 on 1 interview on Thursday afternoon, (or I should say 1 on 3 as there was 2 managers and a trainer in the room with me!) of which I felt went amazing. The "BIG" manager that was there called me about 2 hours after meeting with me and invited me to my second interview, the demo on Monday night. The demo went fantastic, I only made one minor mistake and really bonded with the trainer who was viewing me. She told me all the things she loved and how well I performed; complimenting me on my excellent customer service skills and giving my model exactly what she wanted. She asked me if I was only interested in a freelance position or if I would possibly be interested in a PT perm position!! (of course i said yes!)) She then said that I should be hearing from them within the week (INSERT INTERNAL HAPPY DANCE HERE. :yahoo: ) ANYWAYS, lol I am wondering if they just tell everyone that they will be calling to be nice, or does this mean I am in?!?!?!  Also, should I wait another day or two and make the call myself and show them how badly I want to work for their company, or let them come to me? I don't want to come off as desperate, any advice would be great! thanks loves!!        xoxo :heart:  Autumn :heart:  
Ok! So I just had my 3rd interview. She asked me questions like rate myself of punctuality/image etc. One word that describes me.how would I sell my fav Mac product. She said I should hear from the manager in a week. Now I can somewhat breathe

morenomua

what area are you in? it was a little different for my interview here in California. I was in a room with about 15 other girls and we all did a verbal then demo right after THEN one by one they called us out the room. if you get called out, you didn't get the job. it was down to 4 of us an the regional recruiter walked in and said "Welcome To MAC!" I damn near shat myself lol. but I doubt they would put you through 3 interviews then not hire you. you're most likely in there like swimwear girl! :bump:

msloladior

what area are you in? it was a little different for my interview here in California. I was in a room with about 15 other girls and we all did a verbal then demo right after THEN one by one they called us out the room. if you get called out, you didn't get the job. it was down to 4 of us an the regional recruiter walked in and said "Welcome To MAC!" I damn near shat myself lol. but I doubt they would put you through 3 interviews then not hire you. you're most likely in there like swimwear girl! :bump:
I'm in South Carolina. Girl it was just a phone interview and I was dang near nauseous answering the questions lol. There are unfortunately 2 other girls she had to interview. I just pray I get the permenant position!

Ah I've been a bit MIA these past couple of days and am just getting around to this. How did it go? Did you get the position? I am still waiting, the girl her shadowed my demo was on vacation so It's taking a awhile. I got called in today to fill out an application for the manager to have on file. (I only brought in my resume before.) I hope this means that by asking me to fill one out they are still interested, I wouldn't think the would ask me to do this if not- right?! Ghaahhh!!! The anticipation is killiiinnnggg me! LOL