Hair Cut/Colour Recommendations

JennsJewelz

Hi everyone,

I have been meaning to get my hair cut for a while now, but I am absolutely hopeless with hair. I also had a bad set of highlights over the summer, and although they have faded quite a bit, I am looking to change my hair colour by at least a bit in order to cover the rest of them up. Here are some pictures so you can get an idea of my face shape, hair length and colour:

I have quite a high forehead, my hair parts stubbornly in the middle, and it is quite straight although it has a touch of a natural wave to it. I also have very prominent cheeks and I have a bit of roundness that I'd like to minimize.

I'd really like to keep some length because I need to be able to tie my hair back for work, but other than that I am pretty open! Should I do bangs? What type, if any? What do you think about colour? It's sort of a warm, chestnut brown naturally - fairly dark.

Your help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance everyone!!

User38

Jenn.. I think you are gorgeous as you are
but if you want to cover streaks gone wrong (I am the QUEEN of HAIR DISASTERS), you probably have to go darker .. a great chocolate shade would be lovely with your skin and would bring out your eyes a lot!

AiriMagdalene

Oooh, I would get a bob that's shorter in the back and sharply angled towards the front, with Katherine Zeta Jones bangs, and dye it burgundy. Your skin is the perfect colour for a deep burgundy, you would look GORGEOUS, and the angled cut would draw attention to your neck, which seems to be very long [and I mean that as a compliment, I think it's so graceful on a woman to have a long neck]

JennsJewelz

Thanks so much for the ideas, ladies!! :) I wish I could use all of them! I think I am going to g a bit darker with a chocolate brown colour just to get rid of the highlights and to help the transition back to my natural colour, and I think I'm going to go layered with side-swept bangs - I've got some pictures to give you (and the stylist!!) an idea:

I LOOOVE the middle look! :) What do you ladies think?

JennsJewelz

Just wanted to update everyone! Thanks for all the help and recommendations :) No colour yet, but here's the new cut!

They chopped off about an inch and half, then did some layering, and did a chin-length side bang in the front! I'm really happy it, and may have found my new go-to hairstylist out of the trip - I loved her, and she new exactly how to manage my hair because her own was very similar! :)

Latest posts