Hair Cut/Colour Recommendations

JennsJewelz

Hi everyone,

I have been meaning to get my hair cut for a while now, but I am absolutely hopeless with hair. I also had a bad set of highlights over the summer, and although they have faded quite a bit, I am looking to change my hair colour by at least a bit in order to cover the rest of them up. Here are some pictures so you can get an idea of my face shape, hair length and colour:

I have quite a high forehead, my hair parts stubbornly in the middle, and it is quite straight although it has a touch of a natural wave to it. I also have very prominent cheeks and I have a bit of roundness that I'd like to minimize.

I'd really like to keep some length because I need to be able to tie my hair back for work, but other than that I am pretty open! Should I do bangs? What type, if any? What do you think about colour? It's sort of a warm, chestnut brown naturally - fairly dark.

Your help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance everyone!!

User38

Jenn.. I think you are gorgeous as you are
heart.gif
but if you want to cover streaks gone wrong (I am the QUEEN of HAIR DISASTERS), you probably have to go darker .. a great chocolate shade would be lovely with your skin and would bring out your eyes a lot!

AiriMagdalene

Oooh, I would get a bob that's shorter in the back and sharply angled towards the front, with Katherine Zeta Jones bangs, and dye it burgundy. Your skin is the perfect colour for a deep burgundy, you would look GORGEOUS, and the angled cut would draw attention to your neck, which seems to be very long [and I mean that as a compliment, I think it's so graceful on a woman to have a long neck]

JennsJewelz

Thanks so much for the ideas, ladies!! :) I wish I could use all of them! I think I am going to g a bit darker with a chocolate brown colour just to get rid of the highlights and to help the transition back to my natural colour, and I think I'm going to go layered with side-swept bangs - I've got some pictures to give you (and the stylist!!) an idea:

I LOOOVE the middle look! :) What do you ladies think?

JennsJewelz

Just wanted to update everyone! Thanks for all the help and recommendations :) No colour yet, but here's the new cut!

They chopped off about an inch and half, then did some layering, and did a chin-length side bang in the front! I'm really happy it, and may have found my new go-to hairstylist out of the trip - I loved her, and she new exactly how to manage my hair because her own was very similar! :)

Latest posts