Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

cindypltnm81

I forgot I wanted to get a brush in this brand. Right now I'm in the market for a blush brush for my less pigmented blushes. I have the NARS Yachiyo for my brights, but need something else that doesn't diffuse as much for my lights.
Me too! I just recently got into this brand and although pricey! I'm avid lover of quality over quantity:) Do you have any brushes from them?

MissTT

I do not yet, but I was planning to get one. I want a face brush b/c for this price I want to enjoy the brush on a larger surface area rather than a tiny eye brush. I use my MUFE kabuki daily for powder so I'm not sure if I need another face powder brush, but I definitely need a good blusher brush. I was thinking of getting something angled and that would work well with my non-pigmented blushes. Any recommendations, cindy?

CartoonChic

I'm going to get myself one of the vermillion brushes as a birthday treat to myself. I've been wanting a Hakuhodo brush for some time now, especially from the S100 line. It's about time I get one.

CartoonChic

I don't recall which line is which. Which is the high end, midrange, and entry level?
I know the S100 brushes are luxury. The K series is considered "instructional/beginner," but I would guess midrange price wise. I think the G might be high end and the J series midrange. I'm just guessing based on price. The only two I know for certain are the S100 brushes and the K series brushes.

Sylvia60

I'm going to get myself one of the vermillion brushes as a birthday treat to myself. I've been wanting a Hakuhodo brush for some time now, especially from the S100 line. It's about time I get one.
Now that IS a fine birthday treat! Which one have you decided upon?

MissHolland

I have few Hakuhodo brushes. Here are a few pictures of my brushes:

This is de J544, i love this brush! I use it for blush. You can see how soft it is on the picture.

Here are my other brushes:

It's not a good picture.. but i love them all! I wil buy more if i have the money for it. They are so soft! En so good for a (my) sensitive skin!

MissTT

I know the S100 brushes are luxury. The K series is considered "instructional/beginner," but I would guess midrange price wise. I think the G might be high end and the J series midrange. I'm just guessing based on price. The only two I know for certain are the S100 brushes and the K series brushes.
luxury vs high end?
hmm.gif
Like the AT&T commercial, "Which one is better?"

CartoonChic

Now that IS a fine birthday treat! Which one have you decided upon?
Using MissTT's logic, I think I want a face or finishing brush. I figure I'll start with the most expensive one first and then work my way down. Lol! Or I may get a set instead.

CartoonChic

I have few Hakuhodo brushes. Here are a few pictures of my brushes:

This is de J544, i love this brush! I use it for blush. You can see how soft it is on the picture.

Here are my other brushes:

It's not a good picture.. but i love them all! I wil buy more if i have the money for it. They are so soft! En so good for a (my) sensitive skin!
The first picture looks like a cat's tail. So fluffy! I love it.

CartoonChic

luxury vs high end?
hmm.gif
Like the AT&T commercial, "Which one is better?"
The S100 series is their top of the line series and is their best one. The ferrules are brass and coated in 24K gold. I can't find where I read the story, but the S100 line was created by the founder for his wife as gift. I think it's a really sweet story.

The Japanese site actually has a better breakdown of the different brush lines than the US site.

http://en.hakuho-do.co.jp/user_data/shopping_kesho_series.php

LC Balthazar

For those of you with an array of brushes from hakuhodo. Can you guys share pics? I love to see what anyone has alrdy:) it such an expensive brand...I really want to branch out from Mac, Nars brushes I have alrdy. Thank you in advance:)
d45bd041_image.jpeg
My face brushes (From the bottom): J214R, G5552, J511, J4002, J210, G5537, K020
94283365_image.jpeg
My eye brushes (From the bottom): J5529, J146, J242G, J5523, J5533, J142, J5522, J532, G5528, G5526

Sylvia60

My eye brushes (From the bottom): J5529, J146, J242G, J5523, J5533, J142, J5522, J532, G5528, G5526
An impressive collection!
For a great collection of reviews of and guides to Hauhodo brushes, there's always the sweetmakeuptemptations blog.

cindypltnm81

I do not yet, but I was planning to get one. I want a face brush b/c for this price I want to enjoy the brush on a larger surface area rather than a tiny eye brush. I use my MUFE kabuki daily for powder so I'm not sure if I need another face powder brush, but I definitely need a good blusher brush. I was thinking of getting something angled and that would work well with my non-pigmented blushes. Any recommendations, cindy?
For nonpigmented brushes...I've been using the hourglass #2 brush(awesome brush too)! Although I love my mac brushes and my NARS yaichyo brush. They are not ideal for those less pigmented blushes... I read your post... mentioning not wanting to waste money on the hakuhodo eye brushes...But the S142 and S146 are SUPEB precision brushes for the crease, the S146 (slightly smaller) is great for the inner tear duck...way better than my mac 219! I just purchased the S100! They are super expensive...but I think worth at least trying 1 or 2 out:) If you have mufe 17S, the brush hair feel exactly like the Squirrel hair on the S142 and S146. And I want a good angle blush brush too...that will be my next and last purchase from them. They breaking my pockets heavily! Did I mention the shipping is impeccable(received my order in 2 days on regular shipping)!

cindypltnm81

That is right...Treat yourself! Those brushes are the crème de la crème!

Latest posts