Hard hard hard christmas

Shoegal-fr

So, ladies... I'm totally depressed.
Christmas and the new year's eve are really my favorite times, but seems like i'm going to celebrate these by watching tv... that's all. No gifts, no parties.
Apparently i have been a bad bad girl !!
ssad.gif

jdepp_84

What do you mean by no gifts no parties??? To be honest, most New Years are no parties for me.....most of the time its just my mommy and I in front of the TV set with a glass of wine or margaritas or asleep :p Its a rule, no events, its a time for mom and I only! Look as long as your with someone you love, who the hell cares about presents and parties, you know??

Shoegal-fr

oh yeah, i totally agree, i'd love to hang with my mum like that. By no gifts, no parties, i mean, me with myself watching tv in my room, on my couch.

jdepp_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
oh yeah, i totally agree, i'd love to hang with my mum like that. By no gifts, no parties, i mean, me with myself watching tv in my room, on my couch.

Oh, ouch. That really does suck, to not have anyone at all. Well we are here for you
cutey.gif

TISH1124

Ok....Is there more to the story as to why you will be spending it alone....No parties, No gifts etc....Or are we just to try and figure it out...you don't want to say? Whats the cause of this?

Shoegal-fr

Thanks a lot!!
Yep, that is really hard, but i'm just praying and hoping that next year will be better!

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Ok....Is there more to the story as to why you will be spending it alone....No parties, No gifts etc....Or are we just to try and figure it out...you don't want to say? Whats the cause of this?

Well, apparently, 2008 has been the year for me to be screwed up by so many people...
My (ex) BFF stole me money... I knew her since i was 10 (and i'm 22), right after high school she didn't even answered my phone calls and she just reappeared a few months ago to ask me if i could help her and her mom to pay their rent... That ended really badly...

My so called boyfriend was so playing with me... fine, i don't except too much from men anyway...

I have serious issues with my parents (hence no hanging out with them), i have to get out and find my own appartment, but being a student and considering the state of the economy right now... In france, it's simply impossible.

There's so much more... i could really write a book about it.

The only few people i actually talk to, are with their families, and in other countries so...

This is just crappy. I'm crying all the time...

jdepp_84

Quote:
Thanks a lot!!
Yep, that is really hard, but i'm just praying and hoping that next year will be better!

Dont worry, we are here for you
smiles.gif
As far as spending it alone, you dont need people to dance
th_DANCE.gif
Put on some music and get your own party started
choochoo.gif

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdepp_84
Dont worry, we are here for you
smiles.gif
As far as spending it alone, you dont need people to dance
th_DANCE.gif
Put on some music and get your own party started
choochoo.gif

Lol, i'll definitely think of that. Thanks for making me laugh! You girls are just amazing.

TISH1124

Quote:
Well, apparently, 2008 has been the year for me to be screwed up by so many people...
My (ex) BFF stole me money... I knew her since i was 10 (and i'm 22), right after high school she didn't even answered my phone calls and she just reappeared a few months ago to ask me if i could help her and her mom to pay their rent... That ended really badly...

My so called boyfriend was so playing with me... fine, i don't except too much from men anyway...

I have serious issues with my parents (hence no hanging out with them), i have to get out and find my own appartment, but being a student and considering the state of the economy right now... In france, it's simply impossible.

There's so much more... i could really write a book about it.

The only few people i actually talk to, are with their families, and in other countries so...

This is just crappy. I'm crying all the time...

WOW!! Bless your heart! Man I wish there was something I could say to make it all better...I will say a prayer that your life does get better. Try not to concentrate so much on the time of the year and just think about making your life better despite all the obstacles you are being dealt I know thats easier said than done...However so many people make it through the holidays alone and they just try and make the best of it. Have you tried to reach out to your parents and try to rebuild that relationship. It doesn't always matter who was right or wrong...what matters is if you try...Just a thought

Beauty Mark

I spent last year alone on Christmas, and this year, I'm spending Christmas with my pending boyfriend (a few days ago, he told me that he isn't sure if he loves me anymore, even though he likes me a lot) and his family, because I have ceased contacted with my family. I don't know if it helps matters to know that you aren't alone, but well, you aren't alone at all in the crappy Christmas department.

My best advice is make the most of what you got going for you. Last year I treated myself to a nice meal (I bought it Christmas Eve, because I believed nothing would be open on Christmas), take a bubble bath, and relax. If you're looking to socialize more, I believe shelters are usually hard up for volunteers.

As for New Year's Eve, everything is overpriced and it's so dangerous going out because of drunks. Perhaps find a friend or two who'll be happy with a solid meal and some movies?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I spent last year alone on Christmas, and this year, I'm spending Christmas with my pending boyfriend (a few days ago, he told me that he isn't sure if he loves me anymore, even though he likes me a lot) and his family, because I have ceased contacted with my family.

Ok I am done complaining about my life...I feel so sad for both of you right now....What a terrible thing to be told...I guess it's good that he was honest...But Jeez....Sorry about your parents...Because I honestly cannot imagine not talking to my mom everyday most days 5-6x a day and if I go 3 days without calling my Dad he calls to make sure my phone still dials out
th_LMAO.gif

ImMACnificent

Quote:
So, ladies... I'm totally depressed.
Christmas and the new year's eve are really my favorite times, but seems like i'm going to celebrate these by watching tv... that's all. No gifts, no parties.
Apparently i have been a bad bad girl !!
ssad.gif

I hope it gets better, babe. Cheer up <3

ClaireAvril

You have life and health. Relationships with people will always be up and down --the most you can do is be a good person. Be good to yourself and your family... everything works out in the end.

Why don't you have a "ME" night.. rent some movies.. get a bottle of wine.. buy a nice dinner .. give yourself a pediacure/manicure.. do a facial mask.. light candles.. take a long relaxing bath just pamper yourself that night. There's nothing wrong with being with one's self for a night.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
You have life and health. Relationships with people will always be up and down --the most you can do is be a good person. Be good to yourself and your family... everything works out in the end.

Why don't you have a "ME" night.. rent some movies.. get a bottle of wine.. buy a nice dinner .. give yourself a pediacure/manicure.. do a facial mask.. light candles.. take a long relaxing just pamper yourself that night. There's nothing wrong with being with one's self for a night.

You just made me wanna have a date with "ME" right now!!
drools.gif

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
WOW!! Bless your heart! Man I wish there was something I could say to make it all better...I will say a prayer that your life does get better. Try not to concentrate so much on the time of the year and just think about making your life better despite all the obstacles you are being dealt I know thats easier said than done...However so many people make it through the holidays alone and they just try and make the best of it. Have you tried to reach out to your parents and try to rebuild that relationship. It doesn't always matter who was right or wrong...what matters is if you try...Just a thought

The thing is, i've been trying to work it out since i was like 8 years old or so...
My parents were raised in a very very particular way (my dad is the most pretentious and selfish guy i've ever met because he was THE son, you know for his parents; and my mom... well she is just passive and despite all the crap he had done to me, she has never done anything because... well... she loves him apparently).
For example, when i was a teenage, i was seriously overweight (and still have to lose some weight) because i was bulimic and my "dad" was asking me in front of my friends all the time "Well, Amira, what's the price for one kilogramm of yours??" or "why, oh why, aren't you as pretty as (my friend name)??"
Seriously... try to handle that when you're 15...
It really was moral harassment you know, and it still does happen... I get "you're just an idiot" every single day.
I have never ever received a single hug or "i love you" in my entire life from my parents!!!
But still, i've always made all i could to please them: i've always had excellent grades, i've made the decision to find a part time job since i was 17 to buy all things i want without asking them; i bought every single thing i own aka flat tv, furnitures, bed, clothes, accessories, makeup; i paid for and had my driving license at the first shot; i don't smoke, i don't drink, i don't party... and i was always hoping they'll acknowledge that one day... but ehhh i'm still waiting! And it seems like i'll have to wait longer because in their words "i'm stupid, childish and selfish"...

I don't know, i must have done something really bad in a previous life...
And now, you know, i have just serious trusting issues and a very low self esteem also, and i think lots of people sense that and just feed themselves off of it...

I'm really really exhausted... The only thing that makes me hold on to life is that i really want my dream come true... living and working in the US. I know that since i was 2 yrs old, since the first english word i heard, and i was so in love with this language and this culture that i made myself fluent in english since i was 5 yrs old. But, again, it's a really hard task, because i simple can't just go to the US with no backup... i mean if things turn bad... my parents wouldn't do nothing to it and i'll just end homeless... And this makes me just more depressed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I spent last year alone on Christmas, and this year, I'm spending Christmas with my pending boyfriend (a few days ago, he told me that he isn't sure if he loves me anymore, even though he likes me a lot) and his family, because I have ceased contacted with my family. I don't know if it helps matters to know that you aren't alone, but well, you aren't alone at all in the crappy Christmas department.

My best advice is make the most of what you got going for you. Last year I treated myself to a nice meal (I bought it Christmas Eve, because I believed nothing would be open on Christmas), take a bubble bath, and relax. If you're looking to socialize more, I believe shelters are usually hard up for volunteers.

As for New Year's Eve, everything is overpriced and it's so dangerous going out because of drunks. Perhaps find a friend or two who'll be happy with a solid meal and some movies?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! It really helps. I hope everything will be ok for you... and i'll do my best to have a nice evening no matter what...

Thanks to all of you girls! You're so supportive, it's so amazing that i can't help crying!!!

Latest posts