hated on for wearing makeup

Beutyjunkie84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopista
"Hate" may be too strong a word for what I experience but I do feel judged quite alot... My friends have called me superficial because I love makeup and they seem to think makeup (full makeup.. not just mascara and gloss) is a mask used by superficial people to be liked and attract men/women. Not to go off on a tangent, but good looking people fare better in the world and thats just the way it is. So some people may use makeup to cover up insecurities but I am sure that like me, many people on spectra view makeup as an art form; using our faces as a canvas to express ourselves and be creative. It just happens that our passion makes us look good as well!

Thank you spectra for giving us a place to teach and learn new skills!
specktra_rocks.gif

I totally agree with what you are saying. Thats soo true the beauty of makeup is glamorous and a art form at the same time. Sorry,I didnt want to confuse anyone but when I say "hated on"(slang) it means a form of jealousy/envy or just wanting to knock someone down just b/c they feel good about theirselves-people want something that you have- not the kind of hate like racism

MsWonderful

There's this fat cow (she called herself that) that likes to say "I don't wear makeup." Just says it randomly. One time she said it and then took her finger to her sister's eyelid, messing up her eyeliner. I was like wow how mature. She's just jealous because she doesn't know how to put makeup on and wishes she did.

Visual Edge

I have bright red hair and I usually wear a full-face (or close to it) of make-up. Needless to say, I get some dirty looks and I rarely wear anything but soft, neutral colors. When I do go for colors I'm all about soft pinks or deep purples though I will wear red lipstick in a hue that matches my hair if I'm going out partying or something.

I notice that most of the people who have a problem with it either can't afford make-up, dont know how to properly apply it, or are too lazy for it. Of course, there are also those girls who just like to respect their natural beauty which I'm totally fine with but heck, this world is full of diversity and it's all about living and letting live. I dont mind that they dont want to paint their face but they can have some respect for those who do, it's a personal choice afterall.

It really bothers me when girls use the natural argument to say that make-up is wrong. Please, I mean there's nothing natural about the society we live in but man is a product of nature so the things we build are in a way, natural. By their definition, their lifestyles arent so natural either. They live in shelters built with synthesized materials, filled with electricity powered equipment, payed for with a virtual system of credit (money) that men created, eating animals and produce that has been altered with hormones and additives. Psh, unless they're walking the walk, tell them to jump off their moral high horses.
greengrin.gif

But regardless, there will always be the jealous and the holyier than thou types staring us down so just flaunt your stuff and let them get all heated about it.
winks.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWonderful
There's this fat cow (she called herself that) that likes to say "I don't wear makeup." Just says it randomly. One time she said it and then took her finger to her sister's eyelid, messing up her eyeliner. I was like wow how mature. She's just jealous because she doesn't know how to put makeup on and wishes she did.

omg that' s what this girl I know always says " omg I never wear makup, gross" "Jezel what's the point in makeup?" like WTF?

But one day I see her with badly applied eyeshadow, u know with the spongetip applicator and the one colour from lashline to browbone? She couldn've just asked me to help her with it, smh

krazie7ohsev

I feel all of you...if i wear a bright lipstick everyone would be like."What party are you going to?" in a hella teasing voice...

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWonderful

OMFG, I would have dropkicked that fat cow. That may seem like a heavy punishment, but a mixture of touching my face randomly (without consent) and intentionally messing up someones make up is deserving of such.