Have I lost my best friend? :(

BlahWah

I've been going thru some stuff with my closest friends (17 years!) over the last two years mainly because I was going through depression and emotional burnout and I was on a totally different life track from them - I got married, was (and am still) doing my masters, trying to save up with my husband for a place of our own, trying to adjust living with my in-laws and juggling time with my parents. I didn't realize how much I was stressing out until now, and that was going on for two years! Things started to get better duing the last half of 2007 but when we got together recently, all the awkward tibbit moments that would happen here and there (because of us not seeing each other much) kind of all came about in a night made up of a string of awkward moments and comments from them.

It was since then I decided that I base my friendships on the quality of time I get to spend with them, not the amount. It's tougher to have a good chunk of free time, nevermind a chunk that coincides with both/all schedules, but it doesn't take much to have a great time out when timing works out. I'm healing from my burnout but since meeting with them stresses me out more than helps me, I've decided to let it lie until I'm strong enough to deal with the situation.

It sucked reading about how her BF was around when you two actually got together but I'm glad that things are working out with and that she's willing to put more effort in for you two to have good times together. Keep us updated!