Help: Can't Open Paint Pot!

swt_int3ntions

My mom just bought me a Paintpot and I can't get the lid off!!! aaaah
and its SOFT OCHRE, so I might not find another one to trade for!!!

What should I do?
I'm afraid to run hot water because it might melt the paint
th_dunno.gif

purrtykitty

Find some of those rubber jar-opening thingys and use one to grip the pot and one to grip the lid. Turn your hands in opposite directions. It might also help to tap the lid on the counter to break the seal. This process worked for me, as I had a heck of a time getting Girl Friendly and Nice Vice to open.

VDUB*BELLA

Running hot water temporarily will not harm the paintpot. I had to do it for my Delft p/p and it didnt do anything

kalikana

Yeah, I was having problems with this too. I finally got my Rollickin' paint pot to open by wrapping 2 thick rubber bands on the lid and on the glass thing. And I tapped the lid with something hard like the handle of my kitchen scissors .. And I used all the strength I had to open it. lol.

swt_int3ntions

My dad took it from me without me knowing and ran it under hot water ~ it worked!
Thanks for all your suggestions though!
I'm sure this will be useful for other members if they come across this
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

amoona

Fyi for ne1 who has trouble just bang the top of the paint pot like 2-3 times on a table and it'll open easily. That's how we open them at work.

claresauntie

I know it's too late to help you, but I agree with Amoona: I have had success banging it upside down on a hard table or on the ground. I know a MAC PR rep I talked to also told me she rapped hers with a spoon and it opened. HTHS!

artificial

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Fyi for ne1 who has trouble just bang the top of the paint pot like 2-3 times on a table and it'll open easily. That's how we open them at work.

That's how I got mine open, too.. After an hour of struggling
th_LMAO.gif

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona

No no babe - some are not that simple. We had one that we tried to bang on everything in the store as well as gave to everyone passing the counter to try at opening inluding security and it never opened. Some of them bad boys are just not meant to see the light of day, i swear.

MACa6325xi

I had this problem also and my husband opened one of them for me. The other, my daughters and I took turns opening it with a warm washcloth and it finally opened. I have two more that I have not opened yet. I guess it will be the same thing. Has anyone also noticed how dry these new Paint Pots are, not creamy like the earlier ones of last year?

LaChinita

I had a similar problem...I used the rubber band technique and it opened after some help from the bf...LOL.

I just bought Rollickin from the Fafi collection and I did notice that they aren't as creamy when you first open it...especially when you use a brush. But when I tried swiping it with my fingers it became much creamier from the warmth of my hand and from swiping off the top layer. I think it's just the top layer that's a bit dry. Once you get through that it should be the same creamy consistency.

MsButterfli

oh goodness i thought it was just me, still aint get the darn nice vice open yet, my back is already out of wack and didnt wanna strain it by opening a damn paintpot lol guess i'll bang the top of it in the morning since its almost 5am now lol

I've been trying to open my new Perky since Saturday. I spend a few minutes then leave it for a few hours. I thought about running it under water but haven't tried that might be my next plan of attack.

ETA It worked. A few seconds didn't. I had to leave it for about a minute.

d n d

I am so glad I wasn't the only one. I has problems getting Nice Vice and Cash Flow open. Nice Vice was the kicker, my hand and arm are still sore from that work out!
ssad.gif

s0damnbeautiful

hahaha i struggled w/ 2 of mine for about 30 minute and my sister walked in and popped them right open ... i must have loosened them up
winks.gif

i'll have to try the hot water trick next time!

mmitsjojo

i thought i was the only one having trouble opening these >< i thought something was wrong with mine too >< hahas now i know. thanks everyone
smiles.gif

Covergirl913

I run mines under hot water from the sink for a few seconds and they open...It does not harm the contents...and mac really need to do someting about this...I don't understand why they have to screw the lids on those things so tight
th_rolleye0014.gif