Help MAC "Prime Look?"

galvanizer

Aw, sorry to hear you didn't get in, but keep trying!! It's so cool that you got a chance though and you've got a good idea what to expect next time (less stressful!)

Best of luck in Origins and keep in touch with the MAC girls. You'll get some good experience with another counter and then go try again.

Beautiful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainiki
I did not get the MAC position. They told me that they love me and if I could wait until January when they had time to better train me in application then all would be good (I know on this site this will sound kinda shocking but, I don't really wear make up, only about once every 3 months to go out dancing and I just kind of lucked into the MAC interview in the first place because the girls there liked me
lol.gif
so my application skills were kinda lacking), but I have bills and cannot wait until January, so I interviewed for the Origins counter today.

Girlie The Only Thing That I Am Going To Tell You Is DON'T GIVE UP!

Kainiki

Thanks Beautiful1, I am not giving up, but in all honesty applying at MAC was something I did because I thoughtit would be a great part-time job until I went to grad school. I think that MAC is more for people who want to make it a career, so in that sense I am not the right girl for the job and someone more deserving will get it, I am ok with that. Today was my second interview with Origins, my third is tomorrow am, wish me luck
smiles.gif

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainiki
Ok, I need some help. I have my FOURTH interview with MAC cosmetics thursday and I have already done make up on one model and they want me to do another face. Not only do they want me to do another face they want me to do a "prime look." They asked me if I knew what that was, I said no and they told me to do research. I cannot find it anywhere, nothing on their site. The artists on live chat on MAC's website had not heard of a prime look but thought that it was a face with all the prime makeup components- foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, lipliner and lipstick. Does anyone know for sure?

a prime look is beauty makeup. Something that'a very simple - looks as if the wearer is wearing little to no makeup, but accentuates their features. Think "Soft Brown in the crease, Vanilla on the browbone and eyelid. Possibly Texture on the outer crease/lid and mascara, foundation, blushbaby blush (or something comprable for darker skintones), subculture lipliner and VGV lipstick. There's your "prime look"
winks.gif