help what should i do????

macfabulous

so i really wanted an heirlooms brush set because i thought it was sooo cute but i missed the chance, then i found a set on ebay so i bought them because i didnt know that they were faking SE brushes. when i received them and compared them to my other brushes i could tell they were fake because the ferrules wernt ridged properly. when i emailed the seller she said that if i wasnt happy she would refund me minus postage and i have to spend my own money 2 send them back but she refused to admit they were fake, so im pissed because that means iv just wasted money but i compared the fake 187 to my real 188 and the bristles feel the same. so its a good fake. so should i just keep it because im going to end up losing nearly £10 which isnt a lot but its the principle. this is the set:

GOLD 4PC PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP BRUSH SET on eBay, also, Mixed Items, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 09-Mar-09 18:44:06 GMT)

Asela88

those brushes are a really good fake..because they look exactly like the ones i got from mac when they came out. It depends on how good the brushes are..if they are useable i would keep them

TISH1124

I agree...if you really like the brushes and feel they are good quality and worth what you paid.....Then yes I would probably keep them....maybe you can ask the seller for a discount if you don't return them and just keep them...maybe she/he will give you a portion equal to the shipping back.

caffn8me

NO! Fakers should not profit from selling counterfeits. That's what keeps them and the whole counterfeit business going. Only if people send brushes back and demand a refund enough times will the sellers stop selling fakes.

First of all you need to establish that the brushes are definitely fake. Do they, by any chance, smell of paint? That's a good starter sign that something's not right.

Secondly, you should raise PayPal and eBay disputes.

Thirdly, as the seller is UK based and is a trader you can contact your local Trading Standards office for advice.

Fourthly, if you used PayPal and funded it with a credit card, you can complain to your credit card company and demand a charge-back

Fifthly, if nothing works, you can take action in the small claims court - either against PayPal for refusing to honour buyer protection or against the seller.

Good luck!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asela88
those brushes are a really good fake..because they look exactly like the ones i got from mac

I have two brushes sitting next to me right now - both 190. One is fake, one is real. Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The fake would fool most M·A·C employees unless they had a known genuine one to compare it to directly.

macfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I have two brushes sitting next to me right now - both 190. One is fake, one is real. Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The fake would fool most M·A·C employees unless they had a known genuine one to compare it to directly.

how come u have a fake 190. did someone give it to you, and you realized the quality was different?

Xqueeze_me

I have a set of these Heirlooms brushes that's still in the sealed plastic package. Bought from a reputable seller here last July. Gold clutch included as well in the box. Did yours come with the gold clutch at all?

With flash.
7093wm.jpg

Natural light. (Quite gloomy and cold outside) :/
7101wm.jpg

panda0410

There were quite a few sets of the fakes on AU ebay a while ago, not sure if they are still there now. They looked like pretty good copies to me - the actually packaging they were in was totally incorrect (gold zipper brush soft pack) but the brushes themselves didnt look to bad. If they have been sold separately from the pack I expect it would have been much easier to overlook!

macfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I have a set of these Heirlooms brushes that's still in the sealed plastic package. Bought from a reputable seller here last July. Gold clutch included as well in the box. Did yours come with the gold clutch at all?

With flash.
7093wm.jpg

Natural light. (Quite gloomy and cold outside) :/
7101wm.jpg

actually the 190 and 194 handles appear 2 b ever so slightly wonky. and no they did not come with a clutch, i had assumed the seller just wanted 2 keep the clutch or sold it/gave it to someone else.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfabulous
how come u have a fake 190. did someone give it to you, and you realized the quality was different?

Lol Macfab, Sarah *Caffn8me*,once quoted that she is weird as she buys counterfeited MAC products ,knowing full well that they are fake
winks.gif

I did too got some fake Lancome products knowingly
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

macfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Lol Macfab, Sarah *Caffn8me*,once quoted that she is weird as she buys counterfeited MAC products ,knowing full well that they are fake
winks.gif

I did too got some fake Lancome products knowingly
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

oh lol. how did they work out?

macfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
macfabulous. This might answer your question!

Pictures sourced from one of the "wholesalers of fake MAC in China" mothership! (Loaded the pics in my photobucket)

FakeGoldbrushesTootoomart.jpg

FakeGoldbrushesTootoomart1.jpg

Look at the 187! YUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!! PINK!!!

"NEW in box, never us before As show in the picture" <-- ...

This is the sale link: Free Shipping Brand NEW *Luxurious* MAC Makeup Brush 4 pcs Set + MAC leather Pouch Set (5 pcs/lot)

well the brushes looked just like that, although the 187 bristles looked real that was it. i emailed seller who says she will only refund me the item price and not postage either way, as it says on her listing, but i'm thinking that she also stated they were 100% authentic and they wern't so doesn't that void the returns policy?. i emailed her saying i got mac to check them out and they confirmed they were fake(even though i didnt but she refused to admit it) and she didnt say anything when i wrote that. i refuse to be scammed out of money so i havent returned them yet. but i have reported the seller to ebay. so we'll see what happens.

Exotica

Quote:
i refuse to be scammed out of money so i havent returned them yet. but i have reported the seller to ebay. so we'll see what happens.

good on you for reporting her. hope you get ALL your money back (including postage!)

Lapis

Quote:
well the brushes looked just like that, although the 187 bristles looked real that was it. i emailed seller who says she will only refund me the item price and not postage either way, as it says on her listing, but i'm thinking that she also stated they were 100% authentic and they wern't so doesn't that void the returns policy?. i emailed her saying i got mac to check them out and they confirmed they were fake(even though i didnt but she refused to admit it) and she didnt say anything when i wrote that. i refuse to be scammed out of money so i havent returned them yet. but i have reported the seller to ebay. so we'll see what happens.

Paypal does not force sellers to refund shipping back to them, just the original payment which would inc shipping to you, so even if you file with paypal you will be out shipping back to the seller.

So file with paypal, send back the brushes to the seller with delivery confirmation to prove that you've mailed them back, and they will have to refund your orginal payment when they recieve it.

macfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Paypal does not force sellers to refund shipping back to them, just the original payment which would inc shipping to you, so even if you file with paypal you will be out shipping back to the seller.

So file with paypal, send back the brushes to the seller with delivery confirmation to prove that you've mailed them back, and they will have to refund your orginal payment when they recieve it.

thanls

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
oh lol. how did they work out?

Oh this seller is "no longer a registered user"
winks.gif
..but she did sell loads of fake B.Brown ,Lancome etc..before eBay chucked her out !
As for your seller ,a2zcreatives ,i see that she sells these awful fake Mac 12 cream eyeshadows palettes
girl_devil.gif
arghhhh ,but i don't see why you should lose £10 out of your hard earned money!!! Maybe she will be more forthcoming if you take up Sarah's suggestion,and take the fake brushes to S.T .
I would try this with your seller...she is deffo trading as business ,but is NOT registered as such,you can just ask her "is there a reason that you are not registered as business"?
This link for her should be helpful:HM Revenue & Customs: Starting up in Business

dee5_12.JPG

I truly doubt if any of her stuff is genuine...I would be mad@ my OH,if he has purchased ANY of these awful rings she sells
thmbdn.gif

Latest posts