Help with European color codes

cwuer

Hi, I am a newbie here. Sorry for the duplicate post, was not sure where to put it since I am new and I have a question. I am a 44 yr. old woman and I travel to Europe occassionally and get opportunities to buy Mac duty free, or at cheaper prices. The problem is the European market does not put color names on it's products only color codes. So when I get the chance to try something new that I have seen over here with a particular name, I don't know what to buy over there that is the same. Does anyone know of a chart or website that converts the European color codes to the US names? I have done extensive searches and I cannot find one. Thank you very much.

Miss_Behave

That is not true!! All MAC products have the same names in Europe than in the US!!!
I see that sooo often on ebay and all the e/s are clearly fake!

Turbokittykat

The European market most certainly does use colour names. To my knowledge MAC never has used just codes for product colours in any part of the world.

MAC cosmetics, such as those seen on eBay, with codes instead of names are fakes. I've bought MAC in various European countries, from duty-free locations and in the US and I've never encountered genuine products that do not have names. And the names are always the same worldwide, (i.e. MAC does not release a colour in the US with a different name than that colour would have in Europe or Asia).

Ambi

What do you mean by color codes, like numbers, "8"?
They're probably not real MAC then because MAC products all have names, not "color codes", I live in Europe and I've never come across anything like that in stores. I did get some "nice" fake ones from eBay that were named "5" and "16" though...

princess

MAC products all have names... those with color codes are fake. Tons of those are on ebay too.

Turbokittykat

Oh, and LOL at the concept of getting MAC cheaper in Europe. I think that's only possible if you live in Australia!

Corvs Queen

This may be out of place but I think that the original poster "may" be one of the ebay sellers that "might" sell fakes and wants to know what "name" to put on the fake. It's super fishy in honest opinion. Oh, and I am originally from the U.S. and and am now living in Europe. MAC is more expensive here but not too much more. And all the MAC counters and stores that I have ever been to always carry the same products. No "numbered" eye shadows over here.

vicuna1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
This may be out of place but I think that the original poster "may" be one of the ebay sellers that "might" sell fakes and wants to know what "name" to put on the fake. It's super fishy in honest opinion.

My first thought exactly!

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Oh, and I am originally from the U.S. and and am now living in Europe. MAC is more expensive here but not too much more.

I live in the UK. As an example, I believe the US price of a pre-made quad is $34. Here they are £29 (around $51). I'd say that's quite a lot more expensive, personally.

Corvs Queen

In Austria the premade quads are about €35,00 which would be about $42.00.

Man, you really get burnt on the prices there huh?

KJam

Quote:
Oh, and I am originally from the U.S. and and am now living in Europe... all the MAC counters and stores that I have ever been to always carry the same products. No "numbered" eye shadows over here.

Me too - ditto

cloverette

Quote:
This may be out of place but I think that the original poster "may" be one of the ebay sellers that "might" sell fakes and wants to know what "name" to put on the fake. It's super fishy in honest opinion.

that's exactly what i thought, too!

Cool Kitten

i've seen so many numbered MAC blushes on ebay.uk and always wondered if they were real. I guess i have my answer now!

vickyc123

Quote:
...I am originally from the U.S. and and am now living in Europe. MAC is more expensive here but not too much more. And all the MAC counters and stores that I have ever been to always carry the same products. No "numbered" eye shadows over here.

Same here.

I was just at MAC Amsterdam on Wednesday,

Loose Blot 22,50 ($27)
Pigment 20,50 ($24.65)
e/s pan 11,00 ($13.25)
e/s pot 14,50 ($17.45)

and of course all products have the same names
smiles.gif

Corvs Queen

I find it hystarical that the original poster hasn't posted anything else other than this post for this thread. I find it nice to know that there is a community like this out there that really does it's best to keep us informed of fakes and fake sellers. Way to go chicas!

a914butterfly

all those eye shadows on ebay with the #'s are fake. i bought one and the color came off within 1/2 hr. it was cute that it had the mirror and brush, but what good is that when the color comes off in less than 1/2 hr?

cwuer

Suspious Minds not healthy (or nice)

For all of you that are accusing me of someone trying to sell fake MAC, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I do buy and occassionall sell on ebay, my user id is cwuer (same as on this board). If you would like to look up all of my auctions for the past 5 years go ahead. You will find that I live in US and have never sold MAC cosmetics (or any other kind) on ebay. I simply have encountered MAC cosmetics that had numbers instead of color codes and since I don't normally purchase MAC because if it's price, I did not realize they were fakes. That is why I asked the question on this board. I thought I would ask the Mac "experts" for help. I didn't expect to get such hostility or be accused of trying to sell them. As for why I have not posted since my original post... It is Spring Break, and I have been away for almost a week with my family. To those of you that answered my question in a informative manner without the accusations. I offer you my thanks.

Hawkeye

i have to agree acussing you of this was out of line and I do think that it was uncalled for.

I think that many on here are easy to jump to unnecessary conclusions about many things.

Latest posts