Here's your chance to be a part of the black|Up Cosmetics Panel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica

Hi Everyone!

I have an exciting opportunity to share with you guys! The folks over at black|Up Cosmetics (www.blackupcosmetics.com) are partnering with Specktra to offer our community members the chance to participate in a panel of reviewers that will be sent samples of black|Up products and share what you think about them!

We are looking for a total of 3 beauty of color participants with skin tones between the MAC foundation shades 35-50. If you are interested in participating please respond to this thread with a current photo (black|Up requires a photo so they can pick your sample pack) and tell us a little about yourself! Once you receive the samples you are encouraged to have fun! Please share pictures, video, or a written post to provide feedback.

Entries will be taken until Wednesday 5/14/14 and we ask that your review/thoughts be posted within 2 weeks from receiving product samples. At this time we are asking only US based specktrites enter due to shipping restrictions. Specktra subscribers (aka premium members) are given first consideration. We will notify you via PM when we have chosen the panelists.

Please note - If you are selected as a panelist you are entering into an agreement to post your feedback (pictures, video, or a written post) of the products you receive for use exclusively on the Specktra.net forum and social media outlets.

emilinaloveMAC

Hi there! My name is Amalia (emilina is my nickname) and I have been a makeup junkie for years!. I am 22 years old and have turned my makeup hobby into my passion and career by now being a freelance artist. I am the girl who picks up the entire new collections from MAC and other brands I just can't help it. I love bright blushes and things that illuminate my face. I always love to try different brands because there are so many companies out there that make great products so I am usually known as the guinea pig between my friends because I am the one who always tries different products and report back to them. I am NC35 as of now. Would love to be considered since I always am up for trying to new makeup lines. Makeup is my passion and I doubt it will ever burn out :)

Monica

Hi there! My name is Amalia (emilina is my nickname) and I have been a makeup junkie for years!. I am 22 years old and have turned my makeup hobby into my passion and career by now being a freelance artist. I am the girl who picks up the entire new collections from MAC and other brands I just can't help it. I love bright blushes and things that illuminate my face. I always love to try different brands because there are so many companies out there that make great products so I am usually known as the guinea pig between my friends because I am the one who always tries different products and report back to them. I am NC35 as of now. Would love to be considered since I always am up for trying to new makeup lines. Makeup is my passion and I doubt it will ever burn out :)
Thanks for entering Emilina! Looking fab in that photo!
clapping.gif

GlamQueen21

Hi my name is Jacquelyn and I am a total MAC addict. I love makeup in general as well as anything beauty related. MAC has won my heart back in 2008 and been purchasing from amazing collections since then and it has been a hobby and a passion. I am thinking of doing it as a career to be a makeup artist one day and to improve on my skills. Lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes and highlighters are my weakness of all, especially bright shades of the lipsticks, eyeshadows and blushes. My skintone is currently NW47 close to NW50 and would love to have the opportunity to try out the Black Up Cosmetics brand since I love exploring different brands!

Beautybuyer

Hey everyone!! My name is Chelsey. A little about myself, well I'm 23, mother of two, full time student and makeup enthusiast. I'm half African American and half German. I fell in love with makeup a few years ago when I was around eighteen, and I've been hooked every since. Like most people on this forum I buy all the new collections and I am always trying new things and new looks! While I don't have a career in makeup, I feel I share the same love for it as someone who does. For me it's more than just makeup, it's an outlet from regular life. Its my favorite form of art, and self expression. I love that It's brought me to this community of wonderful men and woman who share the same obsession love. I love everything from the sultry smokey look to bright and fun. I'm an avid blush and lipstick buyer, I don't believe there's such a thing as too much! I'm around nc43 in mac powder. I would love to have this opportunity to try out and add Black Up Cosmetics to my collection.

neshie

Hi! My name is Lanesha. I am a 30 year old stay at home mother and military wife. I have always loved the idea of the transformative properties of cosmetics. Even as a little girl, I recognized how a little blush and a pretty lipstick could change a person's whole look and attitude. I inherited my love for bold lipsticks from my grandmother. She never left the house without red lips. I am so excited about this collaboration between Specktra and Black Up. Even if I don't get the chance to participate, I am still so happy that Black Up is building its brand here in the US and getting online reviews out there. I've actually been interested in trying Black Up cosmetics for quite some time, but I had been hesitant because I couldn't find very many reviews online. I would absolutely love to play a part in changing that. I don't currently wear MAC foundation because I'm in between shades (somewhere between NC45 and NC50). That is another reason why im so excited to see a makeup line that is geared toward women of color. I think that a lot of makeup lines try to be inclusive to women of color, but unfortunately they tend to fall short. I'm very excited about the Black Up brand and the potential opportunity to test some of your products.

macaddicts101

Hi! My name is Denise. I am a Supply Tech Lead/ Reserve military on my 11th year. I am also a makeup artist who has been doing makeup for 7 years and that's the reason I left active duty service. I am overjoyed about this collaboration between Specktra and Black Up, especially since I would have the honor of hand picked items to match me. When you have a deeper skintone it is very hard to shop for makeup when most brands do not really cater to your skintone. Where I am stationed most places might have a line, but only carry the light to medium shades and the very darkest shade. Being a Black Up Cosmetics Pro member, this will allow me to test color, undertones, and texture variations in person. Sharing my finding with my following and clients as a Black Up cosmetics ambassador will not only create a sales opportunity for the company, but draw in new followers for me as well. Mixing business and beauty together which is always a lovely combination. I normally have to mix my mac foundations as most are too orange (red on me) or too yellow which gives me a grey cast. For years I was told, "NW45 is for you!" But after it oxidized it was always darker than my normal skin tone. Since then I have been matched as NC45/50 with there standard foundation formulas. This is just an amazing opportunity and good luck to everyone who submitted

cocofiere

Hi! I'm Countess and after a bit of a hiatus, I've returned to my passion of working as a freelance makeup artist. I am also a lifelong makeup enthusiast who has an overwhelming desire to try everything, particularly to see if products work for women of color, as that is the bulk of my clientele. I am a source of info on what's new, good and on trend for friends, family and anyone I strike up a conversation with regarding makeup and natural hair. I believe that when you find something good, you should share so that everyone can enjoy it. All women (and men) deserve to look and feel amazing and black|Up Cosmetics is a brand that is inclusive, based on what I've seen so far. I'm a NC 45/50 in MAC lingo and would love to have the opportunity to try the foundation and concealer options that would complement my normal/combination skin type. I'm also interested in the blush, primer, and complexion enhancers since beautiful skin is the basis of any look, natural to dramatic. Thank you for considering the "Specktrettes" to help spread the word about your brand. I believe whoever you choose from our roster of phenomenal makeup lovers will represent black|Up Cosmetics very well!

Monica

Hi! I'm Countess and after a bit of a hiatus, I've returned to my passion of working as a freelance makeup artist. I am also a lifelong makeup enthusiast who has an overwhelming desire to try everything, particularly to see if products work for women of color, as that is the bulk of my clientele. I am a source of info on what's new, good and on trend for friends, family and anyone I strike up a conversation with regarding makeup and natural hair. I believe that when you find something good, you should share so that everyone can enjoy it. All women (and men) deserve to look and feel amazing and black|Up Cosmetics is a brand that is inclusive, based on what I've seen so far. I'm a NC 45/50 in MAC lingo and would love to have the opportunity to try the foundation and concealer options that would complement my normal/combination skin type. I'm also interested in the blush, primer, and complexion enhancers since beautiful skin is the basis of any look, natural to dramatic. Thank you for considering the "Specktrettes" to help spread the word about your brand. I believe whoever you choose from our roster of phenomenal makeup lovers will represent black|Up Cosmetics very well!

Thank you for your response Countess
cheerleader.gif
Love your hair
pretty.gif

L281173

Hello. My name is Lakitha. I am a native New Yorker with a huge liking for makeup. I am a great lover of vibrant makeup colors. I love a fierce eyeshadow look and lipcolor combination. I love trying new product and color lines. I have had a strong interest in makeup from a young age. I also value a strong skin care regimen. I am an NW 45.

im10ika

Howdy, I'm Tenika from Texas and I am the shade Nc50 in MAC. I have been into make since high school. I have always preferred to use products with longevity that looks good after a hard day of work. I have a link on YouTube. You can google my name im10ika. I have been wanting to try black up products but I find that the shade I'm in was not in stock. I would live to try the product and see how it withstands the hot humidity of Houston.

Suhsealeh

Hello my beautiful Specktrettes (Specktrites? Oh dear..) My name is Cecille! I am a 19 year old med student studying Neurobiology! I love animals and have a job as a Pet Stylist at Petco, so I pretty much bathe and cut animal hair. I was 13 when I picked up my first tube of mascara and I have never looked back since then. What I love about makeup the most is that it allows you to express yourself - your face is a canvas that allows you to be whoever you want to be. I am quite curious to see what Black|up has to offer, and I couldn't be anymore excited for a line that wants to luxuriate colored skin beauties. I am an NC44 in Studio Fix. Thanks Black|up for this awesome opportunity!

alexisweaver

Just seeing this thread!

Hello, all! I'm Alexis.
I'm from South Jersey, near Philly and only an hour train-ride from NYC. I'm known as the 'make-up girl' amongst everyone I know and meet. I'm definitely a MAC girl at heart, but LOVE splurging and finding new brands (which I do often). Every time I find a new brand I make sure to try and review its product. So many people are always so curious about a brand but afraid to take that leap across the puddle themselves. I am a Communications student; so one of the biggest things I've learned is how to relay a message to a mass audience successfully and professionally. Being in this field has prepared me on how to accurately give information that will be beneficial for others. That is what I hope to with black|Up Cosmetics, if I'm selected. Beauty is a wonderful thing, and it's also fun when you're interactive. Besides makeup, my side hobby is photography. Through my years and help from various photographers I've established a great following and also the skills required to make something "look good". I am also 21 and think my age would successfully attribute and pull in a younger audience/buyers. A lot of girls, my age or younger are ALWAYS looking for new product to try. I can be that guide for them. I am NC45 with MAC.

Thank you very much for this opportunity; this is quite great! Good luck and well wishes to all participants.

(Just giving a lot of photos for different perspectives)

pinkpaint

This is so cool!

I'm Symphony. I'm from DC, and I attend college in Philly. I'm a senior studying African American Studies and Art History. I'm a painter. I just started wearing makeup once I turned 18. Love it! Favorite brand is Nars but I have more MAC than anything. I have a blog and do a lot of FOTD's and reviews there. I try to do a lot of different looks, from the natural, to the dramatic. I've worn black lipstick to class more than a once lol. I've been here on Specktra for a couple of years and love the community. Cosmetics brands are getting better about being more inclusive to a variety of skintones, but there's definitely still a long way to go. I think it's great that black|Up has so many products specifically for WOC. I'd love the chance to try a new brand and help some others discover it, as well :) I'm an NC42 in MAC but my closest match is Illamasqua Skinbase Foundation in 12.

MissElle12

Hi everybody! My name is LesleyAnn, I'm 29 from New York City. I'm a girly-girl who works in a male dominated industry (law enforcement) where I must wear a uniform, so I love to express my femininity on and off the job by experimenting with different make up looks! My favorites include red lips and a bold cat eye, or nude lipstick and a soft neutral eye to allow my inner beauty to shine. When I first heard of BlackUp Cosmetics a few years ago, I fell in love with all the beautiful bright, bold colors which look FANTASTIC on women of color! I also love that this line was specifically created with us deeper toned ladies in mind. I have been following this brand for years, and have been eagerly awaiting its return to the US! I'm NW45 in MAC, with normal skin. I'm so excited for this opportunity! Thank you BlackUp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts