Hidden treasure inside my "empty" lipstick tube

TDoll

Ok, so I've always known that when you hit the plastic base of the lipstick, there is always some product left over in there. Sometimes, if it was a color I loved, I would take a lip brush and use a little bit more. I was thinking it was just a wee bit that was left in there. UM, NO. The other day I was getting some stuff together to B2M and I had 2 empty lipsticks, down to the plastic. So I was curious. I took my Tweezerman tweezers and used the opposite rounded end (fits perfectly into the lipstick's plastic base) and I pressed it in there a little...it didn't stop. So I took a little empty sample jar and started scooping the lipstick out. There was SOOOO MUCH lipstick under there. I measured it and it was almost half the size of the lipstick when it's full sized! I'd say probably like 1/3. Enough came out to almost fill my little jar! I had never realized how much of my MAC lipstick I was wasting!!

Try it out next time you "run out"!
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

I've heard about this, but it's not something I've ever experienced for myself.
I never use up anything!
Although if I actually used a lipstick down to the base, I don't know if I'd bother scooping out what's left because I'd probably be sick of it, plus I'm not a big fan of using lip brushes.
Still though, it doesn't seem fair that there's so much left in the base. I imagine most people don't take the time to dig it out.

NicksWifey

This is awesome! I have a lipstick that's nearing it's end so yaaay for the surprise inside! Thanks for sharing
winks.gif

V2LUCKY

I did this for my mom with her Entwined l/s and I couldn't believe there was *that much* in there...she was so happy it's her fav l/s ever!

HeatherAnn

Usually I'd be way too lazy for this, but if my pleasure seeker ever runs out, I'll do anything to keep some of that around!

CantAffordMAC

thats awesome, who would have thought that theres so much lipstick in there. Kind of like....worth the money, you know?
winks.gif

Except for the fact that Ill NEVER in my lifetime finish a tube of lipstick. Sigh...so many colors, so little time. And not enough lips lolol

DirtyPlum

Yep... I always tells customers abt it when they come into buy a replacement. I have even scooped out the extra and put it in a sample pot. I love MAC!

jenavii

I buy those small plastic bead cases from michaels and empty my lipsticks in to there. Its like my own costom lipstick pallete! And I jsut use a brush to apply the lipstick.

panda0410

I dont like lip brushes, BUT I have scooped out lippies as well on my fav colours. I have been contemplating getting some empty e/s pans and melting the scooped bits into it and putting them into a 15 palette, I hate wasting stuff and there is quite a bit left in the base of the tube!!

Sario

I did this last week when I broke my 3N lippie, I just scooped it all out and put it in a little sample sized pot. I was kind of amazed too, I just kept scooping.... and scooping... and more was still there....
yahoo.gif

So I get a pot full of 3N goodness *and* a b2m empty out of the deal, it's the sweetness!

*KT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenavii
I buy those small plastic bead cases from michaels and empty my lipsticks in to there. Its like my own costom lipstick pallete! And I jsut use a brush to apply the lipstick.

I go into the art supply section of Michael's and buy a package of those little paint storage cups with fliptop lids that come in a strip... like what you'd get in an oil paint-by-number kit. I cut the strips in half, so I have 4 strips with 4 pots each and I can get a whole tube of lipstick inside one of those little cups. I usually cut the lipstick into 4 pieces on a piece of wax paper and then use the knife to push the pieces into the cup. Then I peel the label off the bottom of the lipstick and put it on the lid.

I do this with almost all my GWP free lipsticks. Mainly because I never think to use them otherwise since I never remember what is actually in those tubes. I haven't hit the bottom of any MAC lipsticks to see the excess in the bottom, but all the GWP had a lot too.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I dont like lip brushes, BUT I have scooped out lippies as well on my fav colours. I have been contemplating getting some empty e/s pans and melting the scooped bits into it and putting them into a 15 palette, I hate wasting stuff and there is quite a bit left in the base of the tube!!

Yeah you could definitely do that! Or even better, MAC makes a Lipmix Compact and refill trays that go inside with slots for lip colors. It even comes with a little spatula. So you could definitely put the leftover lipstick in there!

*KT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I would like to find a diamond in my empty lipstick tube. Is that too much to ask and hope for?

iagree.gif
sigh.gif

fidelistoh

wow! that's great! But again.. i've never finish using any of mac's producst except my blacktrack fluidline :x