Hit a Jew Day ?

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
Does anybody know why was missworld's banner was taken down/put as a link? Surely it didn't take more bandwidth than photos of people's hauls, and FOTDS ???

We also post YouTube videos on a fairly regular basis.

I will research later to see if it's some type of hotlink issue, but in a super-fast skim, all I have time for right now, I don't see that Wikipedia has a rule which pertains to this issue. Specktra probably does...so...
I will look again later.
I'm sure missworld will be wondering, too. Hopefully, if this is the case, she can host it herself.

I replied to missworld's post & the *profound* banner, completely non-aggressive & pertaining to Humanity, was edited out, as well.

We know how large photos are on here sometimes. Surely size was not the issue?

Thanks. CF

Anybody can see the banner in the below link, for now.

Actually size was the only reason it was turned into a link, no other part of the post was editted except to remove image tags. A lot of people are on smaller screens like laptops and having very wide images distorts the layout of the forum and makes it very frustrating to scroll down. I would have thought that you, a longer-term member of this forum by now, would be familiar with our Image Size Guidelines by now...if not, your may wish to review them here.

http://specktra.net/f182/maximum-ima...18-07-a-51042/

Hope that helped to familiarize you and answered your question.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Actually size was the only reason it was turned into a link, no other part of the post was editted except to remove image tags. A lot of people are on smaller screens like laptops and having very wide images distorts the layout of the forum and makes it very frustrating to scroll down.

Tons of photos of FOTDs and Hauls ? Oh, you are right!
wondering.gif

sigh.gif

The voluminous photos appear on other forums (ie FOTD and HAULS)
yes.gif

Yes, I do recall photos must conform to a certain size, & I'm sure most of them do, on aforementioned forums...although they can be
*several* photos in one post (hence the warning: "Pic Heavy")
yes.gif

Quote:
I would have thought that you, a longer-term member of this forum by now, would be familiar with our Image Size Guidelines by now...if not, your may wish to review them here.

http://specktra.net/f182/maximum-ima...18-07-a-51042/

Hope that helped to familiarize you and answered your question.

I wonder if you think it's appropriate that the moderator of this forum may be interpreted as condescending to other posters?

peace2.gif
flower.gif
CherylFaith
flower.gif

user79

Quote:

Tons of photos of FOTDs and Hauls ? Oh, you are right!
wondering.gif

sigh.gif

The voluminous photos appear on other forums (ie FOTD and HAULS)
yes.gif

Yes, I do recall photos must conform to a certain size, & I'm sure most of them do, on aforementioned forums...although they can be
*several* photos in one post (hence the warning: "Pic Heavy")
yes.gif

I wonder if you think it's appropriate that the moderator of this forum may be interpreted as condescending to other posters?

peace2.gif
flower.gif
CherylFaith
flower.gif

I'm not sure what you are getting at. You can post as many photos as you want but within the size guidlines.All photos must adhere to these image size guidelines as outline out by the administration. Moderators have to enforce these guidelines as they are set out to all forum users. When we do see photos that go over the size limit, the thread is editted and the image is turned into a link, same in the FOTD and Haul and any other forum. I'm not sure why this is a problem, I assure you it is only to make forum usage easier for people who have smaller sized monitors or people who are on a slower (not high speed) connection. I thought my post would help you to understand this aspect better which is why I included a link, I'm sorry you feel that is is condescending when I'm only trying to help you out, and that you would think the post was editted for any other reason, alluding to censorship, when this is not the case in the slightest.

This will be my last post on this subject so if you have any further questions regarding the rules of image size, you may contact me in private message.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Are you sure you aren't sure? (I do not mean to sound hostile.)

I wasn't sure you did understand me.
(I seriously do not mean that as condescending.)

Quote:
You can post as many photos as you want but within the size guidlines.All photos must adhere to these image size guidelines as outline out by the administration.

ok.

I would like to tell the person who posted the photo, but she hasn't been around.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Moderators have to enforce these guidelines as they are set out to all forum users.

Moderators have a huge job,
having to go through hundreds of posts a Day.
I don't know how you (all) are able to keep up with it and still have lives outside of Specktra.
(Again, please, do not take this as a personal attack. I seriously think about this.)

(& some mods (I do not point my finger at you, MissChievous, or at anybody in particular),
even have the time to post repeatedly in
emotionally-charged threads,
while
doing their moderator jobs.)

It seems an absolutely awesome task.
I don't think I'd be up to the task.

Quote:
When we do see photos that go over the size limit, the thread is editted and the image is turned into a link, same in the FOTD and Haul and any other forum.

ok

Quote:
I'm not sure why this is a problem, I assure you it is only to make forum usage easier for people who have smaller sized monitors or people who are on a slower (not high speed) connection.

and you are correct!
smiles.gif

Quote:
I thought my post would help you to understand this aspect better which is why I included a link, I'm sorry you feel that is is condescending

I do realize it could have been a mis-communication? ...hmmm.....perhaps a PM might have sounded less condescending?

and yes, I could have PM'd you, but I am a mere little poster,
albeit an emotional one,
especially on an *ism* topic

I know your English is perfect, but sometimes subtle nuances of language
do not translate exactly.
I am in *no way* insulting your advanced level of English communication skills. I have worked as a teacher and tutor to people from all over the world, & I have friends all over the world.

Quote:
when I'm only trying to help you out,

OK...thank you. & I am only trying to help you out. Friends?
smiles.gif

Quote:
and that you would think the post was editted for any other reason, alluding to censorship, when this is not the case in the slightest.

People are sensitive in a thread like this.

And censorship has happened on this forum before.

The image posted by missworld was extremely relevant & *powerful*
(while most certainly LARGE) (I'm not screaming at you.)

Given the context....and that the final word on the thread surely rests with the Moderator of this particular forum...

(& I'm sorry if you are awoken by angry trans-Atlantic telephone calls in the middle of the Night...I always think of you when I see a thread, during Night hours, in need of serious moderation... & you are hours ahead of us.)

Quote:
This will be my last post on this subject so if you have any further questions regarding the rules of image size, you may contact me in private message.

Sounds good. Thank You.

peace2.gif
flower.gif
Cheryl Faith
flower.gif
peace2.gif

PMBG83

Quote:

I would like to tell the person who posted the photo, but she hasn't been around.
ssad.gif

Im curious about this.

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
The really sad part is (besides the fact that we have to have this discussion at all) most of the kids parents will sum it up as "oh, their just being kids", and that's when u step in as a parent (and a decent human being) and say this is not acceptable its wrong and disrespectful and it will not be tolerated.
nonono.gif
nonono.gif
Don't pacify (sp) everything ur child does, give them discipline and boundaries. Let them know that there are consequences for bad decisions. Sorry for my rant
lecture.gif
I'll shut up now!

See, that's the problem... Many adults don't see anything wrong with it or treat it as taboo. And the children don't see anything wrong...

Things like this remind me of "comedy shows" my friends/roommates used to watch in college. It was after 9/11 and arab ppl were at the butt of all the jokes... It was so disgusting to me, but they thought it was hilarious. And when I chided them for it, I was too grave and I needed to lighten up - And we're the next generation of parents... Their parents obviously didn't teach them that humiliating, attacking and disrespecting another human being was wrong. It was prolly never discussed... So now they see nothing wrong with that behaviour and would pass it on to their children...

It's so sad...

rbella

^^^I agree. It's scary to see some of the behaviors that are displayed by adults and to know that they are raising children. It's 2008 and you'd think we would know better. Sometimes I feel like ignorance and intolerance is worse now than before.

Rennah

Quote:
Does anybody know why was missworld's banner was taken down/put as a link? Surely it didn't take more bandwidth than photos of people's hauls, and FOTDS ???

Here is the adjusted size image, linking to the original.
smiles.gif

The original poster or a moderator can add it to the original post.
I'm just trying to help.