Holiday Collection 2008 + Sephora haul!

Kiss and Makeup

This was my first holiday event, and my last big haul for awhile. I feel guilty for how much I spent..my (newlywed) husband and I just merged assets, and now I have to tell him how much I really spend. So no more makeup for awhile, but this was worth it.

I can't get the pictures to load
ssad.gif
I'm sorry, so here's links.
IMG_1713.JPG (image)
IMG_1715.JPG (image)
IMG_1712.JPG (image)

Here's a list -
4 brush set for the face (194, 187, 168, and 190)
Intriguing Scarlet (6 warm eyes)
Neutral Lips lipstick set
Nars foundation in Mont Blac (the lightest shade!)
Sephora 10th anniversary reusable bag

MzzRach

*passes out*

*comes to*

OMG, thank you so much for posting! Fabulous pictures!

I cannot wait to buy my MAC Holiday!!

I am totally thinking of Susanne right now - I know she will enjoy this thread! ;-)

Kiss and Makeup

I'm glad you ladies love them as much as I do! I don't know why it happens, but it's like my MAC store gets all the good stuff early. I'm not complaining or anything..but it's so not fair to you guys. I could have spent a LOT more...I actually wanted the Red lip collection and ended up checking the Neutral box instead. It worked out for the best. I was sort of iffy about the red, but I LOVE Real Treasure. Such the perfect light bronze.

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
i thought they were presell.

They are, but I hadn't seen anyone else post about their MAC having an event yet. My location got the Emanuel Ungaro collection two weeks early.

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
They are, but I hadn't seen anyone else post about their MAC having an event yet. My location got the Emanuel Ungaro collection two weeks early.

I just got back the red she said event. The kits were presell and we couldnt get them today. only the actual res she said Items. But it was fun to check them out early!

Great Haul! Thankss for sharing!

Miss QQ

Thanks! The Warm Eyes palette looks gorgeous!
drools.gif
I will get it. And maybe that brush set too. Are they made in China? Do they lose hairs?

capmorlovesmac

omg I'm so envious right now because of the brush set
tong.gif
it looks soooo pretty
drools.gif
. I'd also like to know about the quality of the brushes, I'm sooooo curious! Amazing haul!

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgirl84
where did you get your hands on the new holiday MAC sets?

My MAC free-standing store had their Red She Said event last night, so I went with a friend, ate yummy chocolately treats, and restrained myself from buying more. I was surprised they had the brush sets! The MA's said they didn't think they could sell them but they could. Thank God! They had everything but the mini sets coming out in December.

To answer the questions about the brush sets..the bristles are the same as the other MAC brushes, but the handles weren't as well made as the more expensive, full sized ones. They just felt more like wood, if that makes sense? I used all of them today, and I'm thrilled, especially with the foundation brush and the angled brush. My angle brush is too big for contouring (I think I push too hard, haha!) but since this one is smaller, it's perfect for my face. I'm going to do a review tonight, after I get home from work. Considering the price ($50 for the set vs the individual price) I think it's worth it. I'd like to (eventually) have the longer handled ones, but I have to wait until my dupes go bad. I had all the brushes, but not MAC ones, and I wanted to see if there was a difference.

There was
greengrin.gif

yzzilizzy

Kiss and Makeup! You lucky lucky girl! The lipbags were only on presell at my event, PLUS the only one they had on display was the Rose lips one.... I REALLY wanted to check out the Neutral and Red lipbags so bad! The one you got looks absolutely stunning!

Would you mind posting what the finishes of the two lipsticks are? I want them so bad!
greengrin.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
My MAC free-standing store had their Red She Said event last night, so I went with a friend, ate yummy chocolately treats, and restrained myself from buying more. I was surprised they had the brush sets! The MA's said they didn't think they could sell them but they could. Thank God! They had everything but the mini sets coming out in December.

To answer the questions about the brush sets..the bristles are the same as the other MAC brushes, but the handles weren't as well made as the more expensive, full sized ones. They just felt more like wood, if that makes sense? I used all of them today, and I'm thrilled, especially with the foundation brush and the angled brush. My angle brush is too big for contouring (I think I push too hard, haha!) but since this one is smaller, it's perfect for my face. I'm going to do a review tonight, after I get home from work. Considering the price ($50 for the set vs the individual price) I think it's worth it. I'd like to (eventually) have the longer handled ones, but I have to wait until my dupes go bad. I had all the brushes, but not MAC ones, and I wanted to see if there was a difference.

There was
greengrin.gif

Thank you. I guess the handles are fine for me because all brushes that I need/want as individuals would be too much and I love it that they are red
smiles.gif

Latest posts