Honolulu, Hawaii

Demosthenes

smiles.gif
If you're vacationing here or live here permanently, we need to meet up and go hauling together!

paige3838

I posted in the old thread, but I'll post again here... I would love it if we could start some kind of email list or something, for the people who go to the DFS... they have such random gems, but I'm not able to schlepp all the way down there just to check out what they have on a regular basis. I usually just go when I'm in the area, and when they have something great I wish I had someone to tell.

Y'know?
greengrin.gif

TIERAsta

hawaii loves specktra

i'm so stoked to find other people from home on specktra!! we need to celebrate!! hope to chat w/you guys soon!!

asnbrb

yay! more hawaii mac-fiends!! we NEED to go shopping. everytime i go, i feel like telling someone and i think my mom/boyfriend/bestguyfriend is a LITTLE tired of hearing about it.

oh, and demosthenes-- i remember you posting once about looking for a face to use for a portfolio or something? if you're still interested, i'll be MORE than happy to do it! i'm always looking to learn!

TIERAsta

macy's waikiki

did any of you get a chance to go to the counter @ macy's waikiki lately. i know they had a body painting and an event with the mac trainer, but i was on kaua'i so i didn't get to see her. can't wait to shop w/one of you soon!!

MEloveMAC

YAYYY FOR HAWAII! I was hoping to find some local girls up on here! I really want to check out the galleria in waikiki, I heard they have a little M.A.C. stand somewhere, any of you all know about this?

sweet8684girl

Hi everyone...I never thought I'd find you all were from Hawaii here.
smiles.gif
Yay. paige3838, I love your idea of an email thread, and please count me in. I never know when or what the DFS store has. It's a surprise everytime I go. The people there are sweet, too. MEloveMAC, the DFS store is on the second floor, at the beginning of the makeup corner, right after the watches. If you park in the DFS parking structure, take the elevator down to the place where all of the tourist busses are, go in and find the elevators in the store on the left, take it one floor up, and turn right.
smiles.gif

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEloveMAC
YAYYY FOR HAWAII! I was hoping to find some local girls up on here! I really want to check out the galleria in waikiki, I heard they have a little M.A.C. stand somewhere, any of you all know about this?

go al the way to the back of the store and go up the escalator. it's on the second floor. You're gonna go past the clothing, turn the corner at coach (it looks like a dead end at a quick glance) and you're going to hit the cosmetics/perfume area. pass j.lo and britney and you'll see it!!

oh, and parking is free for two hours, right?

there was body painting?!?! i had no idea!! i only found out they had that one when i was walking around waikiki one day... just like how i never knew there was one in kahala mall.

sweet8684girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
oh, and parking is free for two hours, right?

there was body painting?!?! i had no idea!! i only found out they had that one when i was walking around waikiki one day... just like how i never knew there was one in kahala mall.

Yup, parking is free at DFS.
I'm not sure when the Kahala Mall opened up, but it must have been sometime this past year, as it's fairly new.

asnbrb

oh, and I forgot to mention that the dfs galleria does not have all the stock colors (i.e. black tied, etc.), but has a good selection of other stuff. i got lustreleaf and chillblue about a month before the other stores got it. i had happened to walk down to the waikiki store and mentioned how i'd never seen those shadows before even though they were permanent there and she automatically assumed they were "really old". turns out dfs stocks things that they think asian tourists would like and it takes a long time for them to run out of collections.
last time i went there (last month) i think i saw purple glitter there, deckchair, lots of rr blue, steel blue, dark soul, lots of palettes and collections with lipglasses, lipsticks, nailpolishes, and brushes.

TIERAsta

yeah, the mac counter @ macy's kahala mall opened up at the beginning of this year. march, i think. before spring break, anyway, 'cause that's the first time i saw it. but i work in waikiki, so i go to mac @ macy's sometimes on my break or after work when i need a fix. and everytime i drop in @ ala moana, i HAVE to go to mac. and ditto on the e-mail list. how do we coordinate something like that?? well, my address is [email protected]. i really need to get to DFS soon. let's have a DFS shopping day!!

asnbrb

yes! i'll be on the list: [email protected]

i've been spending waaayyy too much money at mac. tim at the pearlridge counter KNOWS me already and so does one of the guys at the mac freestanding (oh, i forgot his name- older asian guy- but not bob)

CoralSki

Hi ladies! I mean Aloha. Im originally from Hawaii myself. Currently living in NYC. I will be moving back home, (waianae) on December 31st. I would love to meet up, shop, chat, anything... ect. I am a cosmetologist, looking to build my portfolio. I need models to do thier makeup. Anyone willing to help a girl out? As soon as I find a good photographer I will want to start taking the pictures. In compensation for your time, I can give you a hair cut, mani, pedi, highlights. Thanks hope to hear from you all soon.

Natasha
Coralski@mua
Mac up artist1 @aol.com

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes
Oh, and the older asian guy at the MAC store is Kent! He's "my" MA, but unfortunately, he no longer works for the company.

oh, no!! i know i haven't been there in awhile, but dammit!! as awful as it sounds, i'm going to start shopping at macy's because of the discount (holiday job-20% off regular, 30% off friends and family time-- on MAC!!), but if i had known he was leaving, i would've come by more often!
ssad.gif

my other friend works there now- heatherlyn? i haven't seen her since the luxuries went on sale. i have to stop by soon.

Lisheous

I'm coming home in June Demosthenes

Dear Des,

Hi I'm Melissa and from Hawaii, filipino, chinese and spanish. I'll be coming home in June after the kids get out to school for 2 weeks. I live in Martinsville, Virginia for 10 years now. My sister's a makeup artist too, her name is Francine. I would love to meet you at the Ala Moana Shopping Center in front of the MAC boutique store near the escalators, one day during my visit. I'm from the downtown Honolulu area, near Liliha-Times super market. There's no MAC in VA or Spehora here, so I'm excited to go and look around there. Maybe you can help or give me some tips on which kind of makeup that could go with my skin tone.

Waving and smiling!

*Melissa*

TIERAsta

CoralSk: i'm siging up as a volunteer for your portfolio right now!! i live in papakolea, but don't worry girl, i'll drive. hope your move home went well!!

-tiera

KawaiMakani

I wish I lived on Oahu so that I could get together with you guys and go shopping for MAC. If you have a chance, go to the Waikiki store and have the manager do your make-up (sorry, mental block so I can't remember his name...I must have his card somewhere). Anyway, he came to Hilo for a day and most of the regulars at our Macy's counter were able to have their make-up done by him. He did a really great job on me, and of course he was super helpful about color combinations that I would have never thought of.