Hourglass Cosmetics

brittbby

I honestly can't see any difference when I use the lighting palette. I kind of regret purchasing it. Any tips on how to apply it or tools to use to see differences?
Really? None at all? Hmmm...I have the hourglass ambient light brush and it works really well for me... It picks up a good amount of product and applies it evenly across the skin without looking powdery.

cocotears

I go back and forth using Dim and Radiant as all over finishing powders. I use a fluffy powder blush since I don't own the Hourglass brush and I just really don't see the difference. Thanks for your thoughts though ladies!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I go back and forth using Dim and Radiant as all over finishing powders. I use a fluffy powder blush since I don't own the Hourglass brush and I just really don't see the difference. Thanks for your thoughts though ladies!!
Hm. Sorry to hear that you've been disappointed, cocotears! The only suggestion I can make is that maybe you could try a slightly denser brush (like the Urban Decay face brush)?

brittbby

Hm. Sorry to hear that you've been disappointed, cocotears! The only suggestion I can make is that maybe you could try a slightly denser brush (like the Urban Decay face brush)? 
Absolutely agree... A fluffy brush doesn't work for me. The hourglass brush is dense so I would definitely say a dense brush.

LdMD

I honestly can't see any difference when I use the lighting palette. I kind of regret purchasing it. Any tips on how to apply it or tools to use to see differences?
I didn't necessarily see a difference when I wore it the first time but I got so many compliments I figured it must be doing something. We don't always see a difference in ourselves because we look at our own faces every day all the time. All I do it buff or brush it over my face, depending on the color, I use diffused(not in the palette) as an all over face setting powder, and Incandescent on the high points as a highlighter. Radiant and Dim I use to warm my face up, on cheeks or temples. I'm very fair though, so it depends on your coloring, you may be able to use one of them as an all over setting powder.
As @cocotears and @harlem_cutie said, I didn't notice any "substancial" difference on my skin after I used the palette - I used it mostly in daylight - but I think I noticed a subtle glow on my skin in the photos with flash from Christmas night! Maybe is like @novocainedreams said: other people will notice the difference more than ourselves.
th_dunno.gif

IHughes

I gave the palette to my mum for Christmas. I tried it before because I wanted to see what the hype was all about. I do get all the hype and I made a video review on the palette but I have quite a few powders and I wanted my mum to enjoy the three different colors as she can get a lot of use from it, as she has no highlighter or bronzer or finishing powder!

LdMD

Absolutely agree... A fluffy brush doesn't work for me. The hourglass brush is dense so I would definitely say a dense brush.
I'm glad @cocotears asked about the best tools / application tips! I use a fluffy powder brush too, so now I'm gonna try a more dense brush, as @katred and @brittbby suggested. I'm thinking F82 from Sigma - the most dense brush I own - Maybe is it too much?! I'm afraid it'll pick too much product.
001_unsure.gif
Let's see how it goes!

Thank you very much ladies for sharing your thoughts!!!
bouquet.gif

LdMD

I gave the palette to my mum for Christmas. I tried it before because I wanted to see what the hype was all about. I do get all the hype and I made a video review on the palette but I have quite a few powders and I wanted my mum to enjoy the three different colors as she can get a lot of use from it, as she has no highlighter or bronzer or finishing powder!
@IHughes Can you send me the link of your video review?! I wanna check it out! Thanks in advance!
amuse.gif

IHughes

Yeah definitely!! I've started recently making YouTube videos, still learning and doing the best I can! Lol I'll send you the link (or if anyone else wants to see it I don't know if I can post it here on the thread)

Kaori

Yay that's me!!! Hope you like the video, still learning how to talk to a camera heheee
smiles.gif
I liked it! It's long but helpful =) Finally know how to press the finishing powder into the skin xD I just whirled kabuki around my face and never saw any difference ^^;

IHughes

Glad it was helpful in some way. If you swirl it you get a much lighter look and I like to press to keep the foundation in place and set it. This video was quite long as I did the whole thing, review, swatches etc! Usually my videos aren't that long as I like to keep them to the point. Thanks for your opinion!! It helps me keep recording and making them!! :)

LdMD

This video was quite long as I did the whole thing, review, swatches etc! Usually my videos aren't that long as I like to keep them to the point. Thanks for your opinion!! It helps me keep recording and making them!!
smiles.gif
I really like long videos with informative and helpful informations! Keep up with the good work @IHughes!!! And thanks again for sharing your review!
kisses.gif

IHughes

I really like long videos with informative and helpful informations! Keep up with the good work @IHughes !!! And thanks again for sharing your review! :kisses:  
THANK you ever so much!! It really encourages me to carry on! I haven't got many subscribers but I'm having fun and I hope to help some people if I can! Thanks!

Kaori

There will be Hourglass Ambient Lightning blush!!! cant wait to try :D https://www.facebook.com/events/622140784514429/?ref=5