Hourglass Cosmetics

katred

Specktra Bestie
There will be Hourglass Ambient Lightning blush!!! cant wait to try :D https://www.facebook.com/events/622140784514429/?ref=5
fluffy.gif
I was just thinking that Hourglass really needed to upgrade their blush options. I'm very curious to see how they combine the delicate finish of the ALPs with a more pigmented base colour.

I can't wait to hear more news on shade range and availability.

Audrey C

fluffy.gif
I was just thinking that Hourglass really needed to upgrade their blush options. I'm very curious to see how they combine the delicate finish of the ALPs with a more pigmented base colour.

I can't wait to hear more news on shade range and availability.
I don't need more blush. I don't need more blush. I'm on a low-buy this year. I'll never finish the twenty-freaking-four blush I have. I don't need more blush.

These better not be glorious.
holysheep.gif

Monsy

anyone has both dim light and nars nico? would like to hear comparison between these two

katred

Specktra Bestie
anyone has both dim light and nars nico? would like to hear comparison between these two
I find Nico a little more neutral and Dim a little warmer. I also think Nico is a bit lighter. Good question and I'm kicking myself for not having swatched them side by side.

Monsy

I find Nico a little more neutral and Dim a little warmer. I also think Nico is a bit lighter. Good question and I'm kicking myself for not having swatched them side by side.
thank you katred
i wanted to order online but can't decide...

Kaori

Can't believe they took down the pic from the sephora event D: I should have saved it ugh It looked exactly like ambient powder but with pink swirls.
I may return Nars Day Dream and get the new hourglass blush instead for neutral blush, depending what kind of blushes they will come out with and the price(I definitely wont pay 45$ for it!) since the nars one feels to be lacking pigment, I have to layer and layer and barely see color and I'm fair skinned :( Idk if I got bad batch because online swatches show the color nicely...

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Can't believe they took down the pic from the sephora event D: I should have saved it ugh It looked exactly like ambient powder but with pink swirls.
I may return Nars Day Dream and get the new hourglass blush instead for neutral blush, depending what kind of blushes they will come out with and the price(I definitely wont pay 45$ for it!) since the nars one feels to be lacking pigment, I have to layer and layer and barely see color and I'm fair skinned :( Idk if I got bad batch because online swatches show the color nicely...
Haha, I noticed that too when I searched for more pics. Good thing I saved it to show a makeup friend.

aaand zoomed in
amuse.gif

Audrey C

Haha, I noticed that too when I searched for more pics. Good thing I saved it to show a makeup friend.

aaand zoomed in
amuse.gif

Ok, I want one of these. Do I have enough blush? Without question. Is this a gorgeous powder put out by a company whose powders I adore? Absolutely. I'm more than happy for one of these to be item #2 for the year. I will hold myself to one, but one of these will come home with me.
love.gif

Items like these are the reason why I gave myself a ten item limit. I don't need a thing, but I need to be able to indulge in moderation when something beautiful gets launched.

Kaori

Ok, I want one of these. Do I have enough blush? Without question. Is this a gorgeous powder put out by a company whose powders I adore? Absolutely. I'm more than happy for one of these to be item #2 for the year. I will hold myself to one, but one of these will come home with me.
love.gif

Items like these are the reason why I gave myself a ten item limit. I don't need a thing, but I need to be able to indulge in moderation when something beautiful gets launched.

Agreed :D It's so pretty. I hope for Christmas they will do a new lightning palette with it *-* So I shall wait until then and see if they do something special or not.

Quote: Originally Posted by josephine90

Omg! It's so pretty! Is it LE?
I think its permanent since they have whole sephora event for it =)

katred

Specktra Bestie

aaand zoomed in
amuse.gif

jawdrop.gif
Well that's coming home with me for sure. It's beautiful! It actually reminds me of the Cargo suede blushes, which have a similar marbled appearance. I wonder if it's just the one "universal" colour or if there are a few, like with the ambient powders.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
From the Hourglass FB page:

AMBIENT SNEAK PEEK - This spring we're shining a light on an entirely new Ambient collection. A product so seamless, so luminous, it's out of this world.

I. Can't. WAIT! I still wish I had easier access to the brand, I can only order from SpakeNK and the shipping costs are pretty high.

pnfpn

They had the blushes up for preorder on Space NK - $35 and £28. They're gone now though but they looked beautiful. I managed to preorder Dim Infusion last night. Luminous Flush also looked very pretty on the site.

Dim Infusion: A subdued coral blush fused with Dim Light to add warmth.
Diffused Heat: A vibrant poppy blush combined with Diffused Light for a subtle halo effect.
Luminous Flush: A champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer.
Radiant Magenta: A golden fuchsia blush combined with Radiant Light for a summer glow.
Mood Exposure: A soft plum blush fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion.
Ethereal Glow: A cool pink blush fused with Ethereal Light for a moonlit luminosity.

brittbby

They had the blushes up for preorder on Space NK - $35 and £28. They're gone now though but they looked beautiful. I managed to preorder Dim Infusion last night. Luminous Flush also looked very pretty on the site. Dim Infusion: A subdued coral blush fused with Dim Light to add warmth.
Diffused Heat: A vibrant poppy blush combined with Diffused Light for a subtle halo effect.
Luminous Flush: A champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer.
Radiant Magenta: A golden fuchsia blush combined with Radiant Light for a summer glow.
Mood Exposure: A soft plum blush fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion.
Ethereal Glow: A cool pink blush fused with Ethereal Light for a moonlit luminosity.
Omg! I'm going to end up with all of these -_-

Audrey C

They had the blushes up for preorder on Space NK - $35 and £28. They're gone now though but they looked beautiful. I managed to preorder Dim Infusion last night. Luminous Flush also looked very pretty on the site.

Hm...I'll need to see these to decide. Right now Luminous flush sounds the most promising. Since I have most of the powders, I do want to be sure that these don't just give exactly the same effect as the blush I already have combined with the powders.

Dim Infusion and Radiant Magenta might also be pretty. Decisions, decisions.

Kaori

>.< so I guess it will be same price as the ambient powders, 45$, will need to decide only on one, hmm, already have luminous powder and plan to get ethereal.. I have lots of coral blushes and some pink ones as well...
I really like Mood exposure *-* I hope pics will be up soon!

Audrey C

Do we think the pic above is Radiant Magenta? If so, I think that one will follow me home.

I'm wondering if the finish of these will be a bit like the MAC Pearlmattes; I have both Flower Fantasy and Flatter Me and I like both as sheer glowy blush (mostly in the summer).