Hourglass Cosmetics

LivN

Mood Light works as a HL as well. The colour is beautiful, it gives a nice warmth to the skin. But as a setting powder all over the face is a bit too much. Too glowy, my skin looks "oily" with it. But I love the application and texture, it's so soft! Mood Exposure is beautiful as well, but much warmer on the skin. It has nothing to do with a colour in the pan. :)

USCgirlie

Thanks so much LivN for the tip about applying ML as a highlighter! I just purchased ML a few days ago and was set to return it as it indeed does look too glowy on my oily skin. I will try it as a highlighter instead.

As for the Ambient Lighting Blushes, I LOVE them! The texture and staying power are quite remarkable. I purchased Dim Infusion and Luminous Flush when they were first released to VIBs, and love both on my NC30 skintone. Even when it looks like there isn't much blush (vs. powder) in the compact, I've had to use a stippling brush and a light hand when applying as the blushes are very pigmented on my skintone. Once the blushes were released on Sephora to everyone, I caved further and bought RM, DH, and ME. I just received them so have only wore RM -- which is a beautiful brighter pink that will be perfect for spring/summer, and as a great color in general to brighten the face. Excited to try ME and DH in the next few days :).

veronikawithak

lol.gif
friends.gif
That's good payback. At least we'll look good with our 'flawless' skin
greengrin.gif
You know it!!
pretty.gif

LivN

Thanks so much LivN for the tip about applying ML as a highlighter! I just purchased ML a few days ago and was set to return it as it indeed does look too glowy on my oily skin. I will try it as a highlighter instead.

As for the Ambient Lighting Blushes, I LOVE them! The texture and staying power are quite remarkable. I purchased Dim Infusion and Luminous Flush when they were first released to VIBs, and love both on my NC30 skintone. Even when it looks like there isn't much blush (vs. powder) in the compact, I've had to use a stippling brush and a light hand when applying as the blushes are very pigmented on my skintone. Once the blushes were released on Sephora to everyone, I caved further and bought RM, DH, and ME. I just received them so have only wore RM -- which is a beautiful brighter pink that will be perfect for spring/summer, and as a great color in general to brighten the face. Excited to try ME and DH in the next few days :).
bouquet.gif
Definitely try it out as a HL, it's looks beautiful. I've used matte powder to set my foundation and ML to highlight, it looks very natural and soft. I'm NW15-20, I'm not sure what the colour would look like on your skintone...

Blushes are great, texture is amazing. But they all seem very warm to me.
huh2.gif

Audrey C

I don't think I care for Luminous Flush; mine is mostly blush and it's just ok. If I want a pigmented shot of pink, I like Dollymix better. This may go back; I've been working hard at editing my collection over the last couple of months and I don't really want to move anything in that isn't going to see much use.

Dim Infusion, on the other hand, I absolutely adore.
love.gif

Edit: I tried LF with the 159 and it made a huge difference. I use my 159 for highlighter every day - I clearly need to get a second for blush.

KrystalAnne

I don't think I care for Luminous Flush; mine is mostly blush and it's just ok. If I want a pigmented shot of pink, I like Dollymix better. This may go back; I've been working hard at editing my collection over the last couple of months and I don't really want to move anything in that isn't going to see much use.

Dim Infusion, on the other hand, I absolutely adore.
love.gif
I have been thinking mostly about picking up Dim Infusion &Mood Exposure to add to my lovely Diffused Heat. Is Dim Infusion natural looking on you?

Audrey C

I have been thinking mostly about picking up Dim Infusion &Mood Exposure to add to my lovely Diffused Heat. Is Dim Infusion natural looking on you?
I'm not sure that natural is the right word to use for a peachy shade; very flattering, yes. Natural? Not entirely. I have other shades that look like I've just got a natural flush or have had a bit of sun (At Dusk, Warm Soul, etc); I'm not sure that this is quite the same. It's not heavy or orange looking (at least not on me), but it's not my natural cheek colour either.

NaomiH

Tried on these blushes the other day at Sephora and they were very pretty, but I ended up passing. I did get an Ambient powder in Luminous Light though but I'm not so sure how I feel about it. It does make my face seem more luminous but I'm not sure if it's really worth keeping since I'm not really blown away by the effect and it looks like it might end up being one of my first ever cosmetics returns. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :(

macnc50diva

Tried on these blushes the other day at Sephora and they were very pretty, but I ended up passing. I did get an Ambient powder in Luminous Light though but I'm not so sure how I feel about it. It does make my face seem more luminous but I'm not sure if it's really worth keeping since I'm not really blown away by the effect and it looks like it might end up being one of my first ever cosmetics returns. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :(
I'm super picky about my splurges and decided to pass on the blush too. There's something powdery about them to me. On the skin I almost feel like the effect is like oil coming through setting powder and faded blush at the end of a long hot day. I get the way it's supposed to look but I just don't like it. The lighting powder I haven't found my perfect color yet but on the right skin I like the effect. The brush is the key.

NaomiH

I'm super picky about my splurges and decided to pass on the blush too. There's something powdery about them to me. On the skin I almost feel like the effect is like oil coming through setting powder and faded blush at the end of a long hot day. I get the way it's supposed to look but I just don't like it. The lighting powder I haven't found my perfect color yet but on the right skin I like the effect. The brush is the key.
Thanks for the input! I had been using a fluffy blush brush, fan brush and a stiffer powder brush and just wasn't all that impressed. I'll try and pick up the HG brush and see how that goes. :) I didn't see too much difference in the blushes vs regular blushes on me, plus I found the colours to be very similar to some I already have which is why I chose to try the powder instead.

veronikawithak

Thanks for the input! I had been using a fluffy blush brush, fan brush and a stiffer powder brush and just wasn't all that impressed. I'll try and pick up the HG brush and see how that goes. :) I didn't see too much difference in the blushes vs regular blushes on me, plus I found the colours to be very similar to some I already have which is why I chose to try the powder instead.
I second the recommendation for the HG brush. The powders look much better if lightly swept onto the skin rather than buffed or stippled IMO.

LivN

Mood Exposure blush looks amazing when applied with MAC 187, blends perfectly. Mood Light powder so far works the best for me applied with the Real Techniques powder brush, lightly all over the face and then layered as a HL. Big, fluffy brush makes a lot of difference.

Knope2012

I got Ethereal Glow in the mail today, and it's perfect! I wore it over NARS Sex Fantasy, but it would look great on its own too. I can see myself ending up with every one of these blushes.

NaomiH

Mood Exposure blush looks amazing when applied with MAC 187, blends perfectly. Mood Light powder so far works the best for me applied with the Real Techniques powder brush, lightly all over the face and then layered as a HL. Big, fluffy brush makes a lot of difference.
Mood Exposure was the one blush I wanted from this collection, but it totally disappeared on me. I was sad about it. :/

Mayanas

Mood Exposure was the one blush I wanted from this collection, but it totally disappeared on me. I was sad about it. :/
my mood exposure arrived like 1 hour ago and im not happy ;( on my cheeks looks coral u orange wtf

Latest posts