Hourglass Cosmetics

ILoveMakeup84

Here's more swatches of the Modernist Infinity palette: http://www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com/2014/10/new-hourglass-modernist-eyeshadow.html I love the shades, but I'm also starting to think that the shades look like they could be duped by ones in UD Naked 3. Anyone else find that? I love everything Hourglass, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a palette if I can already approximate the shades from what I have. (Not that that always stops me, but I feel like I should at least try to be responsible.)
I agree! I've been thinking the same thing! I mean its gorgeous and the quality is great but I find it a bit dupable.

Jayjayy

Here's more swatches of the Modernist Infinity palette:

http://www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com/2014/10/new-hourglass-modernist-eyeshadow.html

I love the shades, but I'm also starting to think that the shades look like they could be duped by ones in UD Naked 3. Anyone else find that? I love everything Hourglass, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a palette if I can already approximate the shades from what I have. (Not that that always stops me, but I feel like I should at least try to be responsible.)
Now that I know its not limited edition my excitement has waned lol. I think the design of the palette is what's most stunning, and the color selection is just neutral enough to be used frequently. I have to hand it to their design team, they did an excellent job.

nanluvsbutee

Anyone know if Barney's NYC has the eye palette in stock in store? I will be in the area tomorrow.
I ordered mine from Barney's Madison -- but, I just received a call from Barney's Brooklyn yesterday to let me know they would have more in on Friday/weekend. You should give them a call! I know they have a waiting list...

Icecaramellatte

I ordered mine from Barney's Madison -- but, I just received a call from Barney's Brooklyn yesterday to let me know they would have more in on Friday/weekend. You should give them a call! I know they have a waiting list...
I stopped at Barneys Madison yesterday and they added my name to the list. We shall see. They said the eyeshadow palette line will be released in full in January. I think I could wait for that. I liked the two I saw too.

sarabeautime

Here's more swatches of the Modernist Infinity palette: http://www.lolassecretbeautyblog.com/2014/10/new-hourglass-modernist-eyeshadow.html I love the shades, but I'm also starting to think that the shades look like they could be duped by ones in UD Naked 3. Anyone else find that? I love everything Hourglass, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a palette if I can already approximate the shades from what I have. (Not that that always stops me, but I feel like I should at least try to be responsible.)
You are right Katred, I just posted about it, Naked 3 is close. Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage too. It is nice though, but rather dupable. EDIT: I thought it is just 1 g but turns out it is 5 instead, phew

Medgal07

EDIT: I thought it is just 1 g but turns out it is 5 instead, phew
cheerleader.gif
Well that's good to hear---I have both Naked 3 & Cocoa Mirage. Besides which, I'd be looking at that palette trying to decide if i should wear it, or eat it!
girlhaha.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
You are right Katred, I just posted about it, Naked 3 is close. Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage too. It is nice though, but rather dupable. EDIT: I thought it is just 1 g but turns out it is 5 instead, phew
I'm glad to hear that. I just about fainted when I saw 1g on your review. I think I might wait to see some of the other palettes, though. I'm sure the shades are really lovely, but I want to see what else they might have to offer that's less similar to what I already own. http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/11/hourglass-modernist-eye-shadow-palette.html?m=1

Bellagigi

I'm curious if any of those brown shades are similar to the deep shade in the discontinued Gypsy eyeshadow duo. I'm bummed its gone. Suede too.

Audrey C

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/11/hourglass-modernist-eye-shadow-palette.html?m=1
Is the universe inventing new colours?
girlhaha.gif

I think I'm the only one who dislikes everything about this palette. The shades aren't separate, it's dupable, and the packaging is bulkier than I like for e/s; I like nice flat palettes (MAC, UD, Inglot, KVD, etc.) that can be stacked on their sides neatly. Thankfully, these aren't remotely tempting for me.

niccig

So has anyone who ordered their Modernist palette online actually gotten it? I ordered it and got an order confirmation on 10/24, but complete radio silence since then....

BrainsAndBeauty

I got mine. That's what sucks about preorders like that. It looks like they preordered more than they had available. If they charged your card, make sure you contact them and get your money back.

smileyt06

So has anyone who ordered their Modernist palette online actually gotten it? I ordered it and got an order confirmation on 10/24, but complete radio silence since then....
I ordered when it was available for preorder the second time and nothing I cancelled the order and ordered it from Barneys in Beverly Hills and got it two days later. It is so pretty and they feel like silk. The palette is wayyyyyy smaller than we expected though

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm totally behind the times, but I FINALLY picked up my Ambient Lighting blush palette yesterday. I tried out Mood Exposure today and I'm kind of shocked because it looks almost nothing like the swatches I've seen. It's actually incredibly flattering, although I had assumed it would be too brown. Most of the swatches I've seen are very much on the brown side of plum, whereas on me, the blush is quite bright and more of a red-plum. I have nothing like it, but I'm kind of shocked. Anyone else experienced a significant variation on one or more of the blushes from what they saw online?

sullenxriot182

Mood Exposure surprised me as well. I had wanted it when the blushes first came out, but was afraid it would be too brown. When I finally got the palette, I ended up loving it! Just goes to show you can't always trust swatches lol