Hourglass Cosmetics

JJJewels

Late to the party... I just got the Dim Light Ambient powder last week. It is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I am kind of glad my Sephora didn't have the palette yet because I can't imagine any other powder being so perfect on me (NW15). If put on too heavy, it leans a bit too dark peachy, but lightly brushed on, it makes my skin look flawless.
The other ones were a bit too shimmery or pale for my liking.

MissTT

My store has the palette, but hasn't put it out yet. It's just sitting in the understock drawer. I need to promote these.

Knope2012

I'm hoping to pick up the palette soon. So far I've been really impressed with the Hourglass products I've tried; especially the primer.

Baby1black

Completely forgot to post this here!  Got the palette, od'd on the primer but man does it work. My skin looked amazing and luckily I'm not in the primer breaks me out club.  Incandescent is super pretty, a bit sparkly but a very nice highlighter.  Radiant is so wonderful for my skintone. Also used it as a highlighter since it is sparkly as well. Perfect bronzey glowy highlight. Haven't used Dim yet, will do that on Monday. Also eventually try the other two all over and see what kind of effect that gives me. 
I also got mine since I practically ordered after you mentioned it was available on sephora. Haven't played with it yet, but radiant looks good,just yellowy bronzey goodness. And shame on you richelle I thought you have that primer. It is my HG.

katred

Specktra Bestie
For fun, I decided to try a look with ALL my Ambient Powders today. I put Moon on the centre of my cheeks, Luminous as a highlighter alone the cheekbones, Dim over almost my whole face and Diffused on my forehead, nose and chin. It's really interesting to see the different effects that are created, although I don't know that I'd necessarily spend time applying four different powders every morning. I just felt like playing today...

xoxomia

I wish I would have read about the palette earlier! I bought Dim Light this past weekend and I already love it! I want to try more colors now but at $50 a pop.. I'll have to increase my collection slowly. I really want to try the nude lip (pencils/crayon?) so I'll check that out on my next Sephora visit! And now you guys have me wanting to try the eyebrow pencil! Off to do some research!!
type.gif

lyseD

I used all three colours in the palette today. So beautiful. I'm NW20 and the darkest one was a good contour/bronzer colour for me.

Kassie

I have heard amazing things about Hourglass products, they say theres a whole science behind their products. I don't own any because like the majority of you their way to expensive for me at the moment. Heard they had a primer and foundation out now too, they look great, has anyone tried them yet?

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have heard amazing things about Hourglass products, they say theres a whole science behind their products. I don't own any because like the majority of you their way to expensive for me at the moment. Heard they had a primer and foundation out now too, they look great, has anyone tried them yet?
I liked both very much. If you want to try them for a lesser price, I know that Sephora often has a travel size of the primer, which will be a little easier on your budget. Of course, if you're going to spend that kind of money, it's probably worth getting someone at Sephora to make you up some samples. Their products do mostly live up to the hype, I think.

Kassie

Oh thanks for the info, I have to check them out! The foundation, what's it like? What's the finish on it, is the formula nice?

xoxomia

I also heard a lot about the primer! I'm thinking about purchasing the palette so I can test out the other 2 colors and primer since it comes with a sample.

isobel32

I love the Hourglass primer. It's worth every penny. However, maybe try it at Sephora's F&F/VIB sale and save yourself some money. Or like Katred suggested the travel size or samples.

lyseD

Hm... I can't wait to see if it works that way for me. So it's not too shimmery to use as a bronzer?

I liked both very much. If you want to try them for a lesser price, I know that Sephora often has a travel size of the primer, which will be a little easier on your budget. Of course, if you're going to spend that kind of money, it's probably worth getting someone at Sephora to make you up some samples. Their products do mostly live up to the hype, I think.
I didn't find it too shimmery but I just used a little.

I got a sample of the product they call VEIL -- if you can, avoid trying this, I wish I had. It feels so amazing as you blend it in and your skin looks close to perfect without any make up. I have yet to look up the cost of this magic potion.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I didn't find it too shimmery but I just used a little.

I got a sample of the product they call VEIL -- if you can, avoid trying this, I wish I had. It feels so amazing as you blend it in and your skin looks close to perfect without any make up. I have yet to look up the cost of this magic potion.
I've already been silly enough to get a sample of the magic primer. It is incredible. I try to comfort myself with the knowledge that the only primer I've ever sampled that works better is the Armani Fluidmaster, which is even more expensive. But yeah, I'm spoiled for all other primers now.

If you can wear Radiant light as a contour/ bronzer then I'm pretty sure that I can as well. BRING ON THE PALETTE.

MissTT

Since I didn't like the Guerlain Meteorite pearls I'm not sure about the Ambient powders. However, I'm sure this palette will disappear and I'll be miffed. What to do, what to do...

lyseD

Since I didn't like the Guerlain Meteorite pearls I'm not sure about the Ambient powders. However, I'm sure this palette will disappear and I'll be miffed. What to do, what to do...
I tried them first a Sephora too.