Hourglass Cosmetics

katred

Specktra Bestie
this palette is a great idea!
I agree. I'm honestly thinking of getting it even though I have Dim already. I use it a lot and it's basically like buying a back-up before I need it. Radiant I'm not so sure about, but the powders can go on pretty lightly, so I can probably make it work. And Incandescent sounds like perfection.

MACina

How do you like it? (I guess your emoticon sort of gives me an idea.) I'm forcing myself to hold off on that one until I've used up more of my Bobbi Brown Porcelain Pearl. They're very close and I can't justify having both. That said, I use Porcelain Pearl a startling amount...

I agree. I'm honestly thinking of getting it even though I have Dim already. I use it a lot and it's basically like buying a back-up before I need it. Radiant I'm not so sure about, but the powders can go on pretty lightly, so I can probably make it work. And Incandescent sounds like perfection.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it
bigheart.gif

I have the BB powder too but I can never have too many powders
blush-anim-cl.gif

Monsy

I'm wondering how the size of the palette compares to the size of the individual powders. The retail price doesn't seem to be that much higher, so I'm assuming that these must be a fair amount smaller. Then again, Hourglass normally doesn't skimp on the quantity of product they offer.
each powder is 3.3g
full sized powder is 10g

cocotears

Looks like we'll be getting an Ambient Lighting Palette either in the Spring or before:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/09/hourglass-cosmetics-polly-osmond-for.html

I can't for certain, but the picture looks like it might be made up of existing shades. I'm curious to see. Those little powders have been among my most-used items of the year.
i wish i could afford this, it's between this and NARS one night stand for my big makeup palette christmas present. decisions, decisions.

novocainedreams

Looks like we'll be getting an Ambient Lighting Palette either in the Spring or before:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/09/hourglass-cosmetics-polly-osmond-for.html

I can't for certain, but the picture looks like it might be made up of existing shades. I'm curious to see. Those little powders have been among my most-used items of the year.
I saw Hourglass post this on FB and now it's at Sephora, I have been wanting to try them forever, I am hoping this is around in a couple weeks at sale time.

novocainedreams

I really want that palette even though you get less bang for your buck :/
Me too...technically you get about the same amount as one full size(10g versus 3 x 3.3= 9.9g, I think my math is correct? I admit I am mathematically challenged hah), and since I want to try quite a few different ones I figure this is a good way to do that.

lyseD

I just ordered the palette --- so excited -- glad I had put off buying my first one.

For those who have the ambient powders do you use the Hourglass brush? If not, which type of brush do you like.

admmgz

These freaking powders are amazing & addicting- I now have 6/6 perm powders and I absolutely adore each of them. So I checked out the new LE palette yesterday at the grand opening of the Millenia Sephora (Orlando, FL). I love Incandescent- it's beautiful but definitely has shimmer. I could see if someone had a heavy hand, they could end up looking like a Twilight vamp lol

ILoveMakeup84

Me too...technically you get about the same amount as one full size(10g versus 3 x 3.3= 9.9g, I think my math is correct? I admit I am mathematically challenged hah), and since I want to try quite a few different ones I figure this is a good way to do that.
Yes! I want to get it for the same reason!

josephine90

The palette looks tempting! I do not own any ambient powders yet. Would the powders in the palette work for my nc20-25 skin?

novocainedreams

Thanks! I will definitely check them out, tempted to wait for sephora f&f though, its in nov right usually?
F&F is usually end of October but last year it was literally only for F&F you needed a code from an employee....but VIB sale week(usually beginning of Nov.) and BI sale(usually a week or so after VIB).

katred

Specktra Bestie
F&F is usually end of October but last year it was literally only for F&F you needed a code from an employee....but VIB sale week(usually beginning of Nov.) and BI sale(usually a week or so after VIB).
Yes, my understanding is that they won't be doing a broader F&F sale anymore, but concentrating on events and such for VIBs (especially now that they've added the "deluxe" VIB Rouge category).

novocainedreams

Yes, my understanding is that they won't be doing a broader F&F sale anymore, but concentrating on events and such for VIBs (especially now that they've added the "deluxe" VIB Rouge category).
Hmm...well as long as they don't cancel/change the VIB sales I don't think it's *that* big a deal, but I am sure plenty of people will complain, per usual.

josephine90

Hmm...well as long as they don't cancel/change the VIB sales I don't think it's *that* big a deal, but I am sure plenty of people will complain, per usual.
Yea, its just a week or 2 later! I ll be mad though if they made it rouge only, hell i need the sale to get to rouge lol

novocainedreams

Yea, its just a week or 2 later! I ll be mad though if they made it rouge only, hell i need the sale to get to rouge lol
Same! Haha. But they wouldn't do that to just regular Beauty Insiders, I don't think, who have a 20% off week too. Rouge will probably get an extra day of shopping over us or something, lol.